Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: J's Racing Baffled Oil Pan SOLD

Old 08-24-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post FS: J's Racing Baffled Oil Pan SOLD

SOLD

Hi,

For sale is a J's Racing Baffled Oil Pan.

This pan has a single crack in one weld of many holding the baffle to the wall of the pan. I've tried to move the baffle plate around that area, and it doesn't budge. However, despite this, I will state that the area must be rewelded prior to use. This item is sold as is, and I am not responsible for any outcome of its use.

I personally bought this from Kel for $350 cash as is and have not used it since. I will let go for $250 paypal/shipped for quick sale.

Don't hit the track without one of these! $250 to save your engine!

Here is the item for sale brand new, FYI:

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merchant...da_S2000_Engine

$518. you can add in tax and shipping as appropriate. I'm selling for > 1/2 off!

Thanks,
Dean

The pan:

The crack:
Old 08-25-2009, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a MUST have for anyone that takes their car to the track or does Auto-X!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever get estimates as to how much it would cost to repair the oil pan? I could be pretty disastrous if the weld came apart - loose an engine trying to save an engine :\
Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 AM

[QUOTE=modMonkey,Aug 25 2009, 09:49 AM] Did you ever get estimates as to how much it would cost to repair the oil pan?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:18 AM

Old 08-27-2009, 06:55 AM

Old 08-27-2009, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not trying to rain on your parade but the last thing you want is to cause an engine failure for a fellow S2000 owner. If they track their car enough this "will" come loose, break after a while. I am an engineer and I am can vouch for that. I say fix it right and then sell it or otherwise you are asking for trouble.

By the way there are many reports regarding this, especially with the F20C vibration causing the welds to break.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by az3ar,Aug 27 2009, 09:37 AM
I am not trying to rain on your parade but the last thing you want is to cause an engine failure for a fellow S2000 owner. If they track their car enough this "will" come loose, break after a while. I am an engineer and I am can vouch for that. I say fix it right and then sell it or otherwise you are asking for trouble.

By the way there are many reports regarding this, especially with the F20C vibration causing the welds to break.
This must be rewelded - random bits of metal is not a good thing to have floating around in your oil.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by modMonkey,Aug 27 2009, 10:47 AM
This must be rewelded - random bits of metal is not a good thing to have floating around in your oil.
There are currently no loose "bits." But if there are reports of welds breaking just like this one on other baffled pans, then I can only assume that other welds may break in the future as you have implied, causing this the pan to come loose.

Thanks for the suggestions.

So, in light of this discussion, I will note to the buyer that this item is sold as is, and I am not responsible for any result of its use.

Also, I will drastically reduce the price. I honestly think it will not take much money at all to fix this, but I just do not have the time right now to do it.

$250 shipped. The $70 difference will be more than enough for you to get it rewelded. The buyer please note, you must reweld this before use.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Orpheus,Aug 27 2009, 10:25 AM
There are currently no loose "bits." But if there are reports of welds breaking just like this one on other baffled pans, then I can only assume that other welds may break in the future as you have implied, causing this the pan to come loose.

Thanks for the suggestions.

So, in light of this discussion, I will note to the buyer that this item is sold as is, and I am not responsible for any result of its use.

Also, I will drastically reduce the price. I honestly think it will not take much money at all to fix this, but I just do not have the time right now to do it.

$250 shipped. The $70 difference will be more than enough for you to get it rewelded. The buyer please note, you must reweld this before use.

Thanks.
No offense intended.

Quick Reply: FS: J's Racing Baffled Oil Pan SOLD