California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Streets of Willow Trackday (7/31-8/1)

Old 07-01-2010, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Streets of Willow Trackday (7/31-8/1)

Hello fellow SoCal S2K owners,

For those of you that have always wanted to track your S2K, here is the perfect opportunity for you! XtremeSpeed's first event is scheduled for 7/31 & 8/1 at Streets of Willow. The cost is only $120 for the full day and will include free AMB lap timing and free instruction for beginners. This event will be very low-key and attendance will be capped in order to host a low-traffic event.

A note from the owner of XtremeSpeed:

Hello everyone,
I'm sure most of you here know me, but for those who don't, my name is Chris Willard. I started Redline Track Events way back when most people didn't know anything about the "open track day" I wanted to post up here first to let you all know that I decided to start up a new HPDE organization called XtremeSpeed. We're starting off with a few events this year. Mostly at tracks you're all familiar with such as Streets of Willow, the big track at Willow, and ButtonWillow. We'll also run a Horse Thief mile weekend in October or November too. Next year we'll have a more aggressive schedule and will offer plenty of track days for anyone looking for a well run and laid back track going experience.

Our kick off event will be at the Streets of Willow this July 31st and August 1st. We're offering free AMB lap timing and instruction at no additional cost for this first Xtreme Speed event! I hope to see some of you back at the track. I'm very excited to get back to running HPDE events and I hope to give you all the very best open track day event. For more info, please go to our new website: www.extremespeedtrackevents.com. We'll be adding more and more content to the site very soon. For now, our site is kind of sparse, but you'll get the info you'll need to register for our first event at the streets.

Thanks! Chris
The company's official press release:

XtremeSpeed Track Events to host inaugural HPDE Open Track Day at Street of Willow Springs

Palmdale, CA – The inaugural XtremeSpeed open track day is set to thrill enthusiasts at Willow Spring International Motorsport Park’s premier short track the Streets of Willow Springs. Held on July 31st and August 1st. Xtreme Speed HPDE will give drivers of all experience levels the chance to test their ability on the road course in a safe and controlled environment.
This Southern California event will include driver instruction sessions and lap timing at no extra charge! Official website http://www.extremespeedtrackevents.com and follow XtremeSpeed on Facebook and Twitter.

About XtremeSpeed Track Events:
Christopher Willard, who has been providing track enthusiasts a safe track going experience since 1999 heads the team behind XtremeSpeed track events. Chris has over a decade of experience in hosting HPDE’s and motorsports racing series.

Joel Perez is the principle partner at Xtremespeed. Joel has a first class instruction back ground as a graduate from the Skip Barber and Danny McKeever driving schools. He has also been an instructor for the POC, PCA, Redline Track Events, and SpeedVentures. Joel is dedicated to helping drivers of all ages become better equipped to handle the requirements of track driving and to promote a positive atmosphere for learning all aspects of motorsports.

XtremeSpeed Track Events will feature the very best in track driving instruction. Joel Perez will lead a team of instructors that will make sure to bring every driver up to speed safely on the road course. We’ll provide classroom instruction sessions, lead and follow laps and one-on-one in car driving instruction. Our professional staff of drivers will also provide advance driving techniques and instruction for the more seasoned drivers as well. With fully staffed safety personal, flag crews and limited run groups, XtremeSpeed will deliver low overall event prices, and the most organized events you’ll find. Our promise will be to provide the very best in service for your track going day.

XtremeSpeed is your new source for open track excitement. No matter what your experience level, XtremeSpeed has a run group for you. From Novice to Super Advance drivers with the fastest track machines, XtremeSpeed will provide the environment for all your on track needs.

About Willow Springs Motorsports Park:
Willow Springs International Motor sports Park is a 600-acre complex of six racetracks embracing nearly every conceivable motor sports discipline. The park is located about an hour north of Los Angeles, California near Lancaster. The Streets of Willow is a great short track, and local favorite. This track provides a good start for novices, yet gives advance drivers a challenge as well. XtremeSpeed is running the full track with the bowl. This is a 1.8 mile road course with 14 turns and three elevation changes, and plenty of run-off space for a safe track going experience.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:42 AM

Who's all going???

1) 600RR_Rocket (Instructing & Driving)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, great deal!!!

1) 600RR_Rocket (Instructing & Driving)
2) Orpheus
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Old 07-02-2010, 08:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice!! i'll let the GW guys know

there's another trackday up in BW the same day but i'd rather go to this one driver cap ftw
Old 07-02-2010, 09:11 AM

can i bring a friend with m3? or specific cars only?
Old 07-02-2010, 09:29 AM

this is first time driver friendly?
Old 07-02-2010, 09:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sososlow82,Jul 2 2010, 10:29 AM
this is first time driver friendly?
Yea, and free instructions for beginners.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by edspecR,Jul 2 2010, 08:35 AM
nice!! i'll let the GW guys know

there's another trackday up in BW the same day but i'd rather go to this one driver cap ftw
I'm going to Buttonwillow on Aug. 1st. I wish I saw this sooner, I probably would've gone to this haha.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:59 AM

anyone can take me as an apprentice? i have no idea what to expect, what to bring, what i need, etc. lol...
Old 07-02-2010, 10:02 AM

hey if my lincense is suspended can i still join u guys?

Quick Reply: Streets of Willow Trackday (7/31-8/1)