Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

NC 2001 BB 145k salvage/roller $SOLD

Old 07-15-2010, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NC 2001 BB 145k salvage/roller $SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

This car needs an engine. The current engine is toast, you cannot drive it. It does have a "total loss claim" on the title because of its flood history. I have had it registered and insured, no problems there.

I picked up this car about a year ago from a local flash flood. The only thing in the car that does not work is the automatic down on the driver's window. You have to hold the button in and it doesn't automatically lower with the top, it goes a bit and stops. This is the only electrical gremlin in the car, lol. Because this was a flood car I did some checking around in it. I removed the driver's side carpet (it's just in the garage at the moment) and it was pretty clean in there, supposedly the water was only towards the front of the car and didn't really invade the passenger compartment. The whole interior is intact and in good condition. I have replaced the driver's side door panel with an AP2 one for more elbow room.

The body is very straight, although I can tell the passenger side has been scraped up or took a whack at some point. It looks like the door has been repaired I think I can see some unevenness or bondo work. I believe the entire car has been painted actually because even the lower portion of the rear bumper is painted black instead of being exposed plastic. I was going to repaint or wrap the car. It's still a good 6 foot car though.

I put about 5k miles on the car before the engine let up, supposedly it had water in it and had low compression but it seemed plenty fast to me, however it was consuming a lot of oil and that's what did it in eventually. I was going to rebuild the engine once it gave out, but it held out longer than I expected and I managed to get laid off in the mean time, so up for sale I've decided it's going.

Thing I have replaced or changed on the car:

replaced AP1 wheels with AP2 v2 wheels
replaced ebay front bumper with CR bumper and lip (needs to be painted)
All rotors and brake pads
both rear wheel bearings and hubs and one (have parts for front, haven't performed work yet)
Mishimoto aluminum radiator and Spoon radiator cap (out of necessity, oem cracked)

Things the car doesn't have:

Engine (well it is there but has some wicked rod knock or a spun bearing)
Stereo (was wired for an aftermarket, there are crossovers in the doors and all wires go into the trunk, but no more head unit and amp)
Exhaust (it has one actually, a nice Blitz exhaust to be honest, but it is super rusty and I consider it end of life.)
Rear bumper tow hook cap (I have solved this as you will see, lol)

Something it does have:

Super short ram intake
ACT HD clutch and some lightweight flywheel (changed by the previous owner I think. Grabs hard and was chirping 3rd for me still).

I apologize for random huge pictures, I resized them on Photobucket, but they're misbehaving (at least for me).

CR bumper and lip which need to be painted. No fender liners btw while I'm thinking about it, they were trashed from not connecting to the aftermarket bumper and getting dragged under the car and against the wheels. The bumper doesn't really seem to deflect much without them. The windows are also tinted as you can see.

You can see here the headlights are hazy and need to be restored. I was going to do an AP2 conversion. You can also see how this bumper has the nipples and spiderwebbing from not cutting down your AP1 front bumper support. The previous owner of the bumper didn't cut theirs and I was just going to address it during the painting of the bumper.

The top is not original, it seems to have been replaced with one with a more canvas like material. The back window is in great shape no cracks and no bad hazing, just needs to be cleaned.

Here's the rear exhaust, the driver's side is saggy because of a broken exhaust hanger. If you have a buddy that can weld the exhaust has a little more life in it. You can also see how the bottom part has been painted black. That is a squishy Earth ball in the tow hook hole. I get asked about that more than anything oddly enough....

This is the drivers seat. Could stand some conditioning but no tears or anything.

Here's the radiator and my awesome custom short intake I'd like to note that while I've had the front of the car apart and worked on the rear there doesn't appear to have ever been any frame or suspension damage.

All this can be yours for a cool $4000. I was going to start tracking this car eventually but it did pretty well as a DD during a time of need.

I had some plans for the car and have some additional equipment that I will sell separately or include in a very handsomely priced package.

Additional hardware is as follows:

brand new HKS 75mm single hi power exhaust $600
non aftercooled Comptech SC kit $2000
AEM EMS 1012 $650
Greddy turbo/manifold/downpipe $600
Nice drivers side AP2 headlight (tiny repair on backside) $175
Skunk2 lowering springs $100
Berk Test Pipe $75
Factory air box (freeeeee with car)

OR

You can have it all for $6500

Thanks for reading! I will entertain offers, but I am not easily amused

***EDIT****

Since a number of people have contacted me about just the CR bumper/lip and since I have loaned out the rear diff to a friend temporarily while he sorts his 4.77 rear out I have decided to offer another option.

For $3500 you can have the car with no diff (good opportunity to upgrade to AP2 diff or better) and the bumper that was on the car when I got it. It needs to be repainted but it is at least black. It is a urethane copy of what I believe would be the J's lip on an Ap1 bumper if it came as one molded piece.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:35 AM

Hmmm...actually where in NC are you located?

I'm Charlotte and would be interested, how bad is the engine? rebuildable or needs a fresh one?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:43 AM

would you want to part out the rear spoiler? i live in columbia and have relatives that live in mebane and cary, let me know.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:34 AM

Located in Raleigh NC.

Honestly I don't know how bad the engine is now, whether it could be rebuilt or if it's totally junk now. Some Carolinas people have indicated some buildable cores are in the area for well under $1000.

Sorry, not interested in parting car out.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

do you want to sell the front bumper with lip, and trunk with spoiler?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:55 AM

Hi I am in Raleigh Also.
Please PM me your number.
I want to take a look at it.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:57 PM

Can't really tell from the pics, how is the overall quality of the paint? Been looking for a track car, this might just be perfect.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:25 PM

that's worth quite a bit more than 4, I'd pick it up if you were closer...GLWS
Old 07-16-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by J-GO,Jul 16 2010, 03:57 PM
Can't really tell from the pics, how is the overall quality of the paint? Been looking for a track car, this might just be perfect.
Well if you're looking for a track car who cares about the paint? lol

Here are some pictures of what I would call the major imperfections in the exterior:

On top of the trunk there is some hole or divot in the paint around it with some spiderwebbing around it as I've tried to point out. It's pretty small. On the vertical face of the trunk, if you look just to the left of the reflection of the tail end of my VR4 you will see what appears to be a small diagonal crease. I think someone might have tried to push the car from here before, not sure, it's tough to see but I have a good eye, lol.

This is the driver's side of the car:

There is some chipping on the edge of the door as you can see. Compared to the factory paint on my old AP2 I think this is probably the factory paint on this side of the car.

Here is the passenger side of the car:

On the rear wheel arch there appears to be a little bubbling right at the very edge, I suppose this is rust? This is the only spot like that on the car.

The passenger door as I stated before I'm confident has been repaired. Right now it has a door edge protector on it, never bothered enough to remove it to check out if it hides chips, haha. As you can see around the handle/lock there is a little chipping, this is the new coat coming off the old coat I guess.

Here's another shot of the interior:

It's a little dusty/polleny right now, I did a lot of top down driving during the allergy season lol. There are no major flaws anywhere in the interior that I've noticed. That was one thing I was really amazed with when I got this car, how good the interior was.

This is the engine bay again:

I put a brand new duralast yellow top (I love these batteries) in it about 6 months or so. The new owner can have my custom Duff vtec solenoid cover as well

Old 07-16-2010, 08:44 PM

Totally forgot to mention that the clutch has been changed out with an ACT HD unit and a lightweight flywheel (I can no longer remember who's). Updating the first post

Quick Reply: NC 2001 BB 145k salvage/roller $SOLD