Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

15 years and I’m back with a new to me AP2

Old 12-22-2018, 01:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 15 years and I’m back with a new to me AP2

long and short is that I sold my 2000 Silverstone/red s2000 15 years ago to buy my first house and always missed the car. Started searching about a year ago for a Berlina Black or Silverstone once I got the wife on board. Thought I found a B.B. in Minnesota only to fly up and find out mechanically it was perfect but there were several cosmetic flaws not disclosed so I walked away bc it would of been a couple thousand just to get it where I wanted it to be. The search continued and I found a Silverstone in Virginia. Worked with the private party owner and put a deal together. I flew out, had an inspection done and did a test drive. The inspection came back great so I bought the car, put on new tires since they were worn and drove the 14 hours home from Richmond to the Chicago area. Of course it rained for all but 3 hours of the drive but I made it back with no issues and the new tires were a wise investment. Currently getting the windows tinted and have a bunch of other stuff coming in the mail to do some tastefull upgrades (shift boot, shift knob, stereo upgrade, oem rear lip spoiler, shifter regrease parts) while she is in storage for the winter. Glad to be back and damn it feels really good!

2004 Silverstone with red/black interior
41,500 miles
matching vins

Last edited by mcs2000si; 12-22-2018 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Add pictures
Old 12-22-2018, 02:32 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Great find, congrats & enjoy! Welcome back.
Levi
Old 12-22-2018, 03:58 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Very nice!!! Congrats!!!
Old 12-22-2018, 12:44 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Love it. Enjoy.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:00 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Good looking / clean car. Nice find. Chicago area bum here as well, sucks putting them away for the winter but do find absence makes the heart grow fonder when you do get them out.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:27 PM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Nice car and nice, clean garage.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by IA-SteveB
Nice car and nice, clean garage.
thank you! Just finished the garage a couple months ago in anticipation of finding an s2000 that needed a home.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:58 PM

Here are some better shots of her new home.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome!
I just bought the same color (black interior MY2000, 20K miles) recently. I'm on the opposite end of Chicago...far Northwest!
It's a small world; based on your post I'm pretty sure this was the car I was trying to buy but someone beat me to it first! Sure hope it was you because it sounded like a great car! Also, based on your other post you had asking someone about a 2004, 16K mile Silverstone it looks like we looked at the same car locally, a 2004 Silverstone with 16K miles near Orland Park with a guy who wouldn't budge on his price. Just goes to show you it's a small world filled with good S2000's and if you are patient we can all get the right one for us.

Hope to run into you (not literally) on some back roads some day!
Old 12-24-2018, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by JRG2000
Welcome!
I just bought the same color (black interior MY2000, 20K miles) recently. I'm on the opposite end of Chicago...far Northwest!
It's a small world; based on your post I'm pretty sure this was the car I was trying to buy but someone beat me to it first! Sure hope it was you because it sounded like a great car! Also, based on your other post you had asking someone about a 2004, 16K mile Silverstone it looks like we looked at the same car locally, a 2004 Silverstone with 16K miles near Orland Park with a guy who wouldn't budge on his price. Just goes to show you it's a small world filled with good S2000's and if you are patient we can all get the right one for us.

Hope to run into you (not literally) on some back roads some day!

i got got my car in colonial heights Virginia just south if Richmond. Really cool guy and for the price I was nervous it would be a flood car bc of the recent hurricanes.it wasn’t so I was thrilled. I spoke with him a day before he was going on vacation and bought a plane ticket 10 minutes later bc I didn’t want it to get away. He agreed to hold it since I bought a ticket and kept his word. The wife was getting annoyed with me booking flights to look at cars but it paid off. Paid 18.6k so I was pretty happy. I also looked at the Orland Park car and the guy was nice at first then was arrogant about his car and wouldn’t budge. He still has it up for sale and I think it will be for a while. I’m south of aurora but will be taking it up your way for work once the weather gets nice in April. Until then I’m upgrading stereo and doing a paint correction while she sits in the garage for the next 4-5 months. Glad you got your s2k as well and enjoy!

Quick Reply: 15 years and I’m back with a new to me AP2