Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Finally bought an S!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally bought an S!

So first of all, let me introduce myself. I´m a 21 year old guy from Finland.
Been into all things with a motor for pretty much all my life, used to race snowmobiles when I was younger but ended up breaking my knee quite badly in a wreck a few years ago and had to quit. Been working on cars, especially Hondas since then.
So, a few weeks ago I had my DelSol featured in a Finnish magazine, and got a few interested buyers for it.

I had been dreaming of an S for years already and by getting rid of the DelSol, my motorcycle, and working hard while studying for the whole winter and spring I was able to scoop up enough cash to buy one, and pay for the ridiculously high car-import taxes and fares that we have in our country. (There was just 1 S2000 sold in Finland in the whole time they were produced.)
After years of dreaming, months of planning, and weeks of looking for a car that had a fair price but also ticked all the boxes for me I finally bought one last weekend!

It´s an MY02 in MCB. 75k miles, totally stock, Full service history etc. found it from the UK, and bought it. It is in a container, being shipped over to Finland as we speak.

I´ll get it next week. It´s going to be one hell of an exiting moment. I´ve never even seen an S2000 in person, only in photographs.
Can´t wait!

Already bought and disassembled a set of BBS RS-II.s for the car. Going to get the centers painted and polish the lips.
17"x8" for the front, and 17"x9" for the rear. ET45 all round. Should fit pretty nicely.

So anyways, enough talking already. Didn´t mean this to be such a long story but I get carried away quite easily. Hope to make some friends and learn a lot from all you guys!

- Miika
Old 04-27-2011, 04:15 PM

Congratulations, man!

May I ask how much it cost you totally?

Oh, and btw; why buy a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side, when you live in Finland?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Your top should drop down lower than you have it in the pictures. If that is as low as it will fold search the forums for the fix.
Nice car, hot girl.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Legendary
Congratulations, man!

May I ask how much it cost you totally?

Oh, and btw; why buy a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side, when you live in Finland?
Thanks!
I´m not 100% sure on the total cost yet, since the tax will be issued a few weeks after I get the car.
I´m expecting to pay somewhere between 3000-4000€ in tax (4500-5900$), the car was around the 8000€ mark, and about 2000€ to ship it.
Also I have to pay some registration fees etc. so the total is going to be around 20.000$

Well the reason for getting an RHD-car is that UK has a very wide selection of S2000.s for my budget. S2000s in Germany, and other countries are not that common, and cost way more + usually have done way more miles. My DelSol was a Japanese import, so I´m quite used to driving from the wrong side.
You also get a tax discount for an RHD-car, it would cost around 20% more to register an LHD car than a RHD.

Originally Posted by NDAZONE
Your top should drop down lower than you have it in the pictures. If that is as low as it will fold search the forums for the fix.
Nice car, hot girl.
Yep, I noticed the roof the first thing in the pictures. I was told that there are some elastic straps in there that pull it down or something. And also that I should wait and see how it behaves in warm weather, because it´s sometimes caused by cold weather. But I´ll have to look into changing the straps if it stays that way. I guess there is a DIY somewhere?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:09 PM

Congrats! Since you've never seen an S2000 in person before, you'll be in for a surprise. Viewing it from the front, the long bonnet and flared fenders will makes quite an impression. It looks like baby viper.

I imagine it'll be very hard to find parts for your car in Finland. But I'm sure its worth it since its so rare over there.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome....
Old 04-28-2011, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats
Old 06-03-2012, 05:08 AM

Bumping an old topic, but don't want to make a net one either. Just got my car painted!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats man! I see u not wasting any time lol I'm totally lovin' that color. Cant wait to see it come together.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Welcome!