Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Finally owner of an AP1 S2000

Old 07-31-2017, 06:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally owner of an AP1 S2000

Hello all!

Finally the proud owner of an S2000 in the UK.

Picked it up on Thursday evening and very much enjoyed the first 2 hour drive home.

I have previously owned a couple of Preludes (4th and 5th Gen), RX7, Toyota Soarer 2.6 TT and an FTO - but I can already safely say, the S2000 is my favourite car so far.

There is a couple of bits I need to get sorted and a few bits I need to check out, so if anyone has advice on these issues, please shout!

- Remote fob is aftermarket - Not sure if they lost the original keys and fob so have replaced the whole alarm system - or if the key is just controlling the OEM Honda system.
Either way - I want the OEM key and fob back if possible - Dont like the cheapy feel of the aftermarket one.

- Rust on both rear arches and one of the front - Need this sorted ASAP.

- Would like to put OEM wheels back on - so these aftermarket wheels will probably be up in the for sale section soon(ish).

- A previous owner has put a subwoofer behind the driver and an amp mounted in the boot - Meaning the spare wheel is in the boot, I would like this space back.

- Right hand side door speaker is cutting out when going over bumps - needs sorted asap (as its very annoying).

- The volume down and the mute button on the dash do not work - but volume up does. (Aftermarket head unit).

Very much looking forward to tinkering with the car, its been a while.
Most recent couple of cars have been a Jazz, Civic Aerodeck and a VW Polo - so I'm looking forward to having a car I am proud of again!
Old 07-31-2017, 06:49 AM

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Hello and welcome!
Old 07-31-2017, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Simplegreenvr6
Hello and welcome!
Thanks!

Forgot to say, I'm based in Worthing, West Sussex on the south coast of the UK.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:53 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome!
The following users liked this post:
brooktini86 (08-04-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 02:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! BTW... unique looking Honda Wheels. Are those S2K's stock wheels?
Old 08-03-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by SaintS2000
Congrats! BTW... unique looking Honda Wheels. Are those S2K's stock wheels?
Thanks!

Pretty sure they aren't OEM - I would like to replace them with OEM wheels really. Ideally some 17s but would settle for 16s over these.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome!! And you have the best colour!

Re the sub and amp there's a trick you can do that might work. I have a sub mounted in the secret compartment where the jack stand etc normally is. For the amp if it's small enough it's possible to route cables and just put it on top of the spare wheel in its normal place - you can fabricate a bracket or mounting plate to stop it moving around.

Alternatively i've seen mods for larger amps where it's mounted on the left hand side by cutting out a panel - or mounted vertically.
The following users liked this post:
brooktini86 (08-04-2017)
Old 08-04-2017, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by andylong
Welcome!! And you have the best colour!

Re the sub and amp there's a trick you can do that might work. I have a sub mounted in the secret compartment where the jack stand etc normally is. For the amp if it's small enough it's possible to route cables and just put it on top of the spare wheel in its normal place - you can fabricate a bracket or mounting plate to stop it moving around.

Alternatively i've seen mods for larger amps where it's mounted on the left hand side by cutting out a panel - or mounted vertically.
Yeah I have taken it all out for now - it was not done well, to say the least.
The amp was sliding about in the back, the sub was in the spare wheel hole behind the driver (not mounted/tied down at all), the spare wheel was in the boot, meaning zero boot space.
Also the wiring. Belonged on https://www.reddit.com/r/cablegore/

My main issue at the moment, is the car tramlining at high speeds, it sort of feels like the car is tramlining / becoming light at the front end / floating - but only at high speed.
The previous owner had the alignment done twice quite recently - so wondering if he was looking for the issue too.

Going to get the wheel balancing checked at lunch today.

The only other thing I'm thinking it could be, the right hand side front strake is missing (along with the mounting point on the arch lining). Have read a few posts on here about it affecting high speed control.
And as it feels like it pulls left, seeing as its missing the right strake could add up? right?
Old 08-04-2017, 02:22 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

The UK cars are all AP1.

Staggered wheels and tires? The non-S2000 wheels on the car are attractive though. Tires make a huge difference on these cars. Extreme or Max performance Summer tires will provide the best handling and most enjoyment.

Badging is decidedly non OEM.

All in all, though, the car seems nice.

-- Chuck
Old 08-04-2017, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
The UK cars are all AP1.

Staggered wheels and tires? The non-S2000 wheels on the car are attractive though. Tires make a huge difference on these cars. Extreme or Max performance Summer tires will provide the best handling and most enjoyment.

Badging is decidedly non OEM.

All in all, though, the car seems nice.

-- Chuck
Ah so its more pre facelift or post facelift, cheers!

Yeah I was told that the S2000 side badges are in the wrong place, which i have now noticed, will have to sort at some point.

As for the wheels, I'll probably list on here once I have got hold of some OEMs.

Quick Reply: Finally owner of an AP1 S2000