Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Hi S2kI!

Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi S2kI!

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd say hi. I think I'll find myself posting more and more as time goes.

First and fore most, I want to say thank you to everyone who keeps s2ki up and active. I'm really impressed. I mean, I guess my expectations aren't that high, as this will be my first car group or whatever u might want to call it, but it just seems like the organizers have organized some fairly remarkable events. I hope to help at some point.

Anyways, I don't currently have an s2000 =\. I'm saving up for it and I know that I could get one, but I'm trying really hard to be patient and disciplined. When I decided I'd buy a new car, I told myself i'd wait 6 months and put down 50% of the car as the down. Thus...my 20k range for a used 04 s2000 will take 6 months before I have roughly 10k for the new purchase.

I spent some time thinking about what I wanted in a new car. I had decided fairly early on I need something to reward myself for all the schooling I went through and for the long hours I put in at work.
I was looking at a used M3, a Civic Type R, an s2000, an Evo 8, an STI, RSX...and some other lowly rice rockets.
I knew it had to be used, I don't want to fork over 20k. And if that is my budget, it really limits what I can get. Depreciating 10% of my car when i drive it off the lot again is not something i'm looking forward to.
I've had a Civic EX and then thought I wanted to settle down and bought a Saturn sedan...worst decision EVER.
I'm quite over 4doors for some time. It makes me feel old =(.

Considering the above criteria, the s2000 wasn't anywhere near the top of my list. But as I read more and more it started to remind me how much I appreciate engineering genius. I loved the FC RX-7s for the same reason.

The more I saw, the more I appreciated the work put into the s2000 and I have to say I really love this car and have yet to test drive one =(. I think if I went to a dealer lot and test drove one, I'd probably leave in a beautiful s2000, but with a horrible loan contract because I really rushed it.

I kind of knew I had made my decision when I found myself sitting in my sedan at a street light, saw an s2000 drive by me, and I had to consciously wipe the large grin on my face. =)
I don't think there is any other car that has made me this giddy in my entire life.

Anyways, I've had the AP1 and AP2 debate with myself for quite some time, but in the end I think I need the AP2. I want to autocross at some point in the near future and an AP1 might be too steep of a learning curve for me. Coming from 140hp cars my entire life...screw that...coming from automatics almost all my life...I think the Ap1 might be too difficult for me to control.

I think it'll be Grand Prix White =)
And I'll save up as much as I can to get a black hard top.

Hope to meet you all at an event in the near future. Good luck to all of you, stay safe, have fun =).
Old 05-18-2009, 11:25 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome......