Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Late introduction, sorry but here we are ! :D

Old 02-07-2019, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Late introduction, sorry but here we are ! :D

Hello guys and girls from the S2k forum,
My name is Mai Hooglugt from the Netherlands and since early december , we bought an S2k which is part of the family now.
Unfortunately , as expected - the car needs A LOT TLC as we found a ticking sound in the engine (reandly from sneakytuning found it luckily)
I will come to that later,

I've shared my story on my instagram a while ago about what happened with the s2k and why it became so quietly around this car.
"After more than a month ownership of the S2000 , we currently got to know all the ugly spots of this car and we currently are fixing them.
And I like to update my followers about how our cars are doing.
When you buy half a project, or a car where someone obviously has put his hands on ,you should not be suprised about anything. Luckily we know how to deal with project cars and half project cars. This will be the third car we’re overhauling.
At first the paint is in a very bad condition but OK ,we bought this car for a very decent price, so in that case we saved a lot money for a good paintjob in my chosen color. •
We found out that there’s coolant pressure even when the engine is cold. we suspected the head gasket is leaking from the inside, brought the car to Sneaky tuning for trouble shooting and to replace the gasket.
Once we brought the S2000 to sneaky tuning, we got called with some bad news. first of all the thermostat failed. A common thing with S2000’s which I didnt know yet. So that’s why there was too much pressure in the cooling system.
Secondly, he found a ticking noise in the engine which I didnt hear yet.. the ticking only appears at aprox 2000rpm ...
The rod bearings are worn out because they were not being assambled on the correct way .
Well, I am so lucky that we found this out right in time , as the crank itself is still okay! I see this as a great opportunity to overhaul the engine by the right and professional person.
The engine will be completely fresh when she is back. After that is finished, I finally trust the car enough to push her to the limits without feeling like a ticking timebomb. photos of the rebuild will be uploaded as soon as possible "

Its now been 2 weeks since the S is at sneaky tuning for the engine rebuild and this is what he sent to me. I'll try to make it short lol.
*The motor got main bearing damage, tomorrow the rod bearings will arrive and he will measure the clearance .
As he can see now, the crank doesnt have any damage , he will let me know tomorrow when the bearings are arrived.
Luckily the oil pump is okay.
The car was being "overhauled" by the previous owner , but they didnt overhaul much... even the distribution chain isnt replaced.
Gaskets and O-rings arent replaced aswell.
Coolant hoses are worn out, and that's why one hose was blown a month ago.
Valve seals are also from an unknown brand..
I will try to put some photos in this post so you can see for yourself :'D

the positive side is, We bought this car for a very decent price so we see this as a great opportunity to rebuild this car completely by professionals.

silicone kit says it all............