Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

NEW OWNER

Old 12-15-2014, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW OWNER

HEllo guys,

I have been aspiring to own an S2k for a good 8 years now.
I bought my silverstone 07 AP2 a month or so ago and am looking forward to going to S2k Meets. I know they are no longer in production so the meets may be dying down. Years ago I attended an S2k meet at Honda Headquarters where Shigeru Uehara was present from japan, also one where there was a nice long drive in the canyon roads. Are there any more good meets being organized? Where can i go to find info them on the site?

Thanks guys.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Welcome! You might check the Meets and Events section. That event you attended was probably one of the Homecoming events so I'm guessing you're in SoCal, so you might also check the Southern California section.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:42 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome, even though the car is out of production the meets are very much alive!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by JulieU
Welcome! You might check the Meets and Events section. That event you attended was probably one of the Homecoming events so I'm guessing you're in SoCal, so you might also check the Southern California section.

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
Welcome, even though the car is out of production the meets are very much alive!

Thanks guys ill check out those sections.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:20 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 12-19-2014, 08:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome.

Check out the link in my signature.
The following users liked this post:
Tsafar (04-28-2020)
Old 05-27-2019, 12:44 PM

Hi all I'm a new member having recently acquired my brothers s2000. And I'm looking at upgrades to do in the near future. I have been reading/stalking the forums trying to soak up all the knowledge I can. The only thing I am certain that I am going to do to the car is get it re-sprayed as there is so many small paint chips and a few rust patches I need to sort. The rocker cover is the next job on the list I think as I will be getting the paint work done at the end of the year so I can enjoy the car a little. I will be using the car mainly for street use but I will also be running the car on the quarter and maybe v-max.

So far the car has had a few minor mods done that I know of however I will likely change them. So far it has a ebay special d-cat exhaust set up and a few bling bits. I want to change the exhaust out for a decent system and then an aem ecu.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:38 AM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Welcome!
Old 05-31-2019, 04:18 AM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

"Meets?" Heck even the old MG cars have meets.

Don't turn the car into a money pit.

Concentrate on functional items. For example refinishing the valve cover has no functional gain whatsoever and if you media/sand blast the old finish off it's very likely you'll end up with damaging grit in the engine. The roof is more important and these type roof wear out just sitting there. If the roof has tears the car will look bad regardless of the paint (as well as leak). Complete respray is very expensive. Just refinishing the front bumper on my car was over $600 to have it done right. A good alignment and tires isn't much more than that. Frankly if my car needed a complete respray I'd be looking for a newer car with near perfect paint.

-- Chuck
Old 11-19-2019, 03:51 PM

Default 2000 sk2

Hey guys! Hope to see some of you driving around. If no salt or snow will be around.

Is there a way to greet fellow S2K owners on the road?

LI-NYC

Quick Reply: NEW OWNER