Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New owner in Redondo Beach, CA

Old 03-24-2006, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner in Redondo Beach, CA

i just finished the whole loan and transfer yesterday. im obviously very happy to own a s2000. ive been driving CRX's for the last 8 years. i wont even begin to compare the two! my S2000 far exceeds my expectations in what i wanted in a new car. the previous owner bought it out of his lease and then had to sell it. it was fully maintained at the dealer. i think its in great condition and 100% stock. i hope to keep it that way.

glad to find a site so dedicated for the S2000. im very active on honda-tech and several other CRX sites.

picture of the PREVIOUS OWNER. not me. ill add my own pic later.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:35 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome aboard, Tyson.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, welcome!

I lived in Redondo Beach for many years...just moved to Portland last year..and of course the first thing I do up here is buy an s2k... Most people would have bought one in LA and sold it once they got to the rainy NW...really makes me miss the South Bay sunshine! Oh well...at least I got away without paying sales tax...

Trying to think of my fav road in LA...probably Mulholland Hwy from Leo Carrillo St. Beach at Hwy 1 to Decker Canyon Road...great piece of relatively untravelled (for LA) blacktop....have fun!!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:28 PM

yeah im definately looking forward to touring palos verdes like i have many times, but this time with the s2000 and top down.

dumb pic of me.

Old 03-25-2006, 07:55 PM

Hey Tyson! I looked at that exact car about a month ago, but the owner wouldn't budge on price at all. May I ask what you ended up paying for it? And btw, congrats on the new car! I just got mine today too
Old 03-26-2006, 03:05 AM

Welcome Tyson.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:56 AM

welcome tyson, im a recovering crx-aholic as well.
i think i've seen you around the crxownersclub forums before.

so what did you do with your crx?
Old 03-26-2006, 06:47 PM

Welcome! Looks like an awesome find!
Old 03-26-2006, 07:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wondering how much you got it for, if you don't mind me asking

<--berlina black as well
Old 03-26-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by diabolus2k,Mar 25 2006, 08:55 PM
Hey Tyson! I looked at that exact car about a month ago, but the owner wouldn't budge on price at all. May I ask what you ended up paying for it? And btw, congrats on the new car! I just got mine today too
honestly, i paid what he asked for. only because i knew it was probably the best taken care of s2000 that i could find (that wasnt silver or blue). yeah, he said a bunch of flakers came by, but one in particular he thought might have been seriously interested in.

wasnt the best deal, but its still below the mileage vs price curve at the time, at least within 150-200 miles around me on autotrader and cars.com. prices definately seem inflated here in socal, but its the car i wanted. the only other one i saw was the yellow one at carmax. that was a hack job, i found out was driven by some college girl at purdue. compared to that, having a responsible old guy is the best i could find.

its definately not the deal someone else i talked to just got, $19.5 for a 17k mile yellow 02-03. i paid $21.5 with 33k miles, no dents, just a few paint chips i found while cleaning this weekend. also comes with a tonnueu and factory car cover. i went over the maintenence record, he never missed a dealer service. so im happy with my s2000, despite knowing others probably got better deals.

as for my crx, im keeping it around. its my mule. i can take it up to the mountains and go to the junkyards with it. its basically free for me to own, and just not worth selling. i still get 30mpg on 87 octane anyway. if it ever breaks down, i got another 60k original mile engine waiting in the garage to replace the 220k one thats still running strong. im selling the motorcycle instead.

Quick Reply: New owner in Redondo Beach, CA