Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

new s2000 owner- full track build

Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default new s2000 owner- full track build

I recently picked up a s2000 for a new project car. Some of you guys may know me from the Subaru community as I have built several well known STi's and several high end track cars. My time attack sti was on the cover of the July 2010 issue of Modified Mag. My username on the Subaru forums is coolblue05.

Anyways, enough about Subarus. I still own two sti's and will continue to build those as well. I have always liked the s2000 and have driven one a few years back and really liked it. I wanted to go a slightly different route than the awd turbo setups that I am used to for a track car this year. I finally found the right s2000. It already has a few mods including a new 2.2 engine, but I will be putting my personal touch on it and will be setting it up as a road course track car. I will be posting many updates on here as well. This car will be all motor, no forced induction. I already bought the full Jenway ITB setup with optional carbon fiber removable intake assembly and AEM EMS setup. Will also be using a header/test pipe/ and a single exit setup with little to no restriction. Many more updates to come. The car is BMW red, has full aero setup with front splitter, rear wing and Mugen hardtop. Pictures coming soon!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which class are you building the car for? For NASA? SCCA?
Old 01-19-2012, 02:22 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome....
Old 01-24-2012, 05:23 AM

Thanks guys, I'm not really building it for a specific class. It will be a fun track toy. I will probably do several local track days and a few NASA events as well.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:28 AM

I have decided to do a full color change on the car as well, I have the Spoon Blue paint code. It will either be that or Porsche Rivera Blue. Tons of updates to come.