Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Prospective S2K owner

Old 05-15-2017, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prospective S2K owner

Hello S2KI members,

Long time lurker and S2k fan. I am active duty Air Force / California native assigned to Utah and currently deployed at time of this posting. About three years ago, I originally sought out for an S2000, but wanted to keep my budget low and needed something in a heart beat to commute to work. I found a Tafetta White Honda FIT (GE) second-gen. It's my first car which I purchased used from a Honda dealer in Milpitas, CA. Eventually, I got bit by the MOD BUG and decided to throw $ into the FIT and build a daily project. By now, I could be behind the wheel of an S2k had I forgone this route and put towards savings. Oh well...I fell in love with the FIT! It's sort of niche in the Honda scene and that's what I like about it. Honda reliability, 33+ MPG, cargo space, and tossing it around like a go-kart. Can't go wrong!

My goal with this community is to go beyond what I already know about the S2k platform. Of course, it's difficult to do that when you don't drive one :P. However, given the current trend in resale value, and uncertainty that Honda will bring us an equal replacement. I feel compelled to act now and at least get the ball rolling to finally accomplish what has been my dream for 17 years! Yup! My first glance at 10 yrs. old was a Berlina Black AP1 sitting in the showroom floor at Long Beach Honda! My aunt was buying an Accord sedan during this visit, but seeing a brand new S2000 for the first time is a memory worth keeping! Came home that night and told Dad how badly I wanted one. He replied back with a whole lecture on finances. Since then, I joined the military to live independently and travel overseas. I was fortunate enough to visit the Honda Collection Hall during my tour to Japan. That day solidified my infatuation with Honda Motor and HERE I AM...still dreaming! -The Power of Dreams

Look forward to hear from some and one day, share with you!
Old 05-16-2017, 03:20 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Don't hold your breath waiting for a replacement of the S2000.

Knowing Honda's quest for technology I doubt a new S2000 will appear. (But if I could accurately predict the future I'd have bought a couple thousand shares of Apple 40 years ago!)

A two seat convertible may happen but it won't be a S2000. Not as we know it. It will have all sorts of bells and whistles not present in our cars. Also competing in the saturated Miata MX-5 spectrum appears useless. Everyone who wants a 2 seat roadster already has one. Competing in the Porsche spectrum seems more likely but then the Honda "economy car" name plate is a liability and the reason the NSX is an Acura, not a Honda as intended.

-- Chuck