Jacksonville 1st Coast S2000 Owners

Opinions on URGE DESIGNS.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on URGE DESIGNS.

Any opinions, reviews on anything by urge designs would be great, especially on their itbs. THANKS!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Well, i was looking at itbs, but couldn't justify spending that much for little power. Yes it looks good, and sounds good but will require alot of adjusting. i was gonna do all boltons, and run e85 and make about the same power instead of the itbs.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great company and they do awesome work. They have a huge thread in the NA section. I will be getting there turbo head and cams down the line. Few companies but the time and research into their products like Urge does.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JJAUTOWERKS
Well, i was looking at itbs, but couldn't justify spending that much for little power. Yes it looks good, and sounds good but will require alot of adjusting. i was gonna do all boltons, and run e85 and make about the same power instead of the itbs.
We agree, half of ITBs are about the experience, the sound, the bling and the response. However one of our clients made 10-20HP throughout over a highly tuned motor. Most ITB gains are compared to an untuned motor which means, not much gains at all as you can gain 10-15HP by simply tuning. For example, they actually didnt make any power with a set of Jenveys over a tuned motor, but that is because the length was not tuned well.

We will be coming out with a bolt on package of cams and head which we are shooting for 30-40 HP depending on the bottom end. We do have another intake option of a highly ported manifold which doesnt flow as much as our ITBs, but does flow as much as Jenvey ITBs or about 8% more than stock.

Even if you dont buy anything from us, let us know if you need any recommendations. Weve swapped almost all parts out many times and can give guidance on things we dont sell.

Originally Posted by Redline S2K
Great company and they do awesome work. They have a huge thread in the NA section. I will be getting there turbo head and cams down the line. Few companies but the time and research into their products like Urge does.
Thank you for the kind words and we think we finally got a reliably cam sources and we are putting together options now. Should have something interesting for Turbos. Focused on Fast Spool with lots of gains.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Urge
Originally Posted by JJAUTOWERKS' timestamp='1375721363' post='22707384
We agree, half of ITBs are about the experience, the sound, the bling and the response. However one of our clients made 10-20HP throughout over a highly tuned motor. Most ITB gains are compared to an untuned motor which means, not much gains at all as you can gain 10-15HP by simply tuning. For example, they actually didnt make any power with a set of Jenveys over a tuned motor, but that is because the length was not tuned well.

We will be coming out with a bolt on package of cams and head which we are shooting for 30-40 HP depending on the bottom end. We do have another intake option of a highly ported manifold which doesnt flow as much as our ITBs, but does flow as much as Jenvey ITBs or about 8% more than stock.

Even if you dont buy anything from us, let us know if you need any recommendations. Weve swapped almost all parts out many times and can give guidance on things we dont sell.

Originally Posted by Redline S2K
Thank you for the kind words and we think we finally got a reliably cam sources and we are putting together options now. Should have something interesting for Turbos. Focused on Fast Spool with lots of gains.
Keep us informed sir on both applications, all motor and forced induction please.