JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Amuse vs J's

Old 11-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Ben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amuse vs J's

I've had the Amuse and J's exhausts side by side and continually customers are blown away by the quality difference of the two. Since the feedback has been so strong by our walk in customers, I decided to take photos and post them for everyone to see some of the design details.

Both exhausts are well performing and both companies offer identical layout versions of the exhausts. So really it comes down to price and quality when deciding. Bulletproof is a direct dealer and importer for both brands, so we thought it'd be interesting for everyone to see the differences in build quality and detail so that you can make a more informed decision on what is the best high end exhaust for your S2000.

Both Amuse and J's offer single outlet exhausts in 60mm and single outlet exhausts in 70mm. They both also offer dual exhausts in 60mm. Amuse offers optional extra resonators on all of their exhausts besides the R1000 race exhaust. Amuse also offers the Euro verison of their single and dual exhausts which feature a larger muffler canister and much more quiet tone.

Our website has model and pricing details.
www.bulletproofautomotive.com

Some of the details in exhaust production you'll notice right away are:
1. quality of the welding is night and day different.
2. grade of titanium alloy
3. exhaust hangers are solid on J's and hollow on Amuse.

Sorry all I have are these two detail photos for now.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Ben

it should also be noted that the exhausts shown are:

J's 70RR (70mm piping)
Amuse R1 Single without resonator (60mm piping) in A type body and A type tail custom finish

in the first photo the Amuse is on top and the J's is below. It is focused on the quality of the welding.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:43 AM

nice side by side comparison pic

Old 11-09-2005, 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now if only Amuse made an exhaust that looked like the J's. Love the amuse qaulity, but love the j's look. What to do...
Old 11-09-2005, 12:03 PM

I wonder if the J's will end up with internal rattles like Amuse?

Visually the Amuse looks much nicer, I just wish they had done a better job welding the internals.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:08 PM

I'm honestly not to concerned with the prestine welds of piping that resides under my car and exits polluted air, I do want to see a Dyno of the 2 70mm Exhaust on an AP2 to see where each exhaust makes it's power. That said, Thanks Ben for the info. !
Old 11-09-2005, 11:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well this is a great topic starting point. I had a lot of flame from my friend the other day and yesterday as well. He believes that am throwing $$$$ on J's Racing and that the quality is not good at all. Same things are said from him about the headers as well. He keeps telling me that.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:57 AM

damn what a difference.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:25 AM

amuse the best
Old 11-11-2005, 09:42 AM

i have to say this is kinda lame. it really depends on the point of view of the fabricator. i know many japanese, i speak japanese, and am versed in their culture. they are very prideful, and do very nice work, as is apparent by the exhausts shown here. im pretty sure that rather its machine, or human, the welds are left on the J's for a reason. it is a *look* garage look. i personally like it over the welds being poilished off, as though amuse wasnt proud of how they looked. this is my POV. so you see, there is no reason to do a semi bash comparo. they are both extremely nice pieces. each suits a particular demographic.
and if you wanna get down to it, ive seen more problems with broken and rattling amuse than anything, BUT they have also been on the road longer, so more units are out there.

if you wanna start bashing, bash on people like toda, and mugen, for making stainless exhausts, and charging titanium prices lame.

Quick Reply: Amuse vs J's