JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

ASM Fenders

Old 03-08-2006, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow ASM Fenders

I am thinking about going with wider fenders like ASM and I want to run wider tires...let say 235 front with typical Volks CE-11 17 x7.5 +50.

With that, would ASM fenders and this set up look right?

Would that work or should I think about getting lower offset / perhaps x 9 +50?

thank you for your inputs.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:23 PM

If I'm not mistaken the ASM's are 25mm wider than stock so I think if you were to go with the 7.5's you would have to go with like a +40 offset. I think the 9" wheels would be a much better bet but 'm way to tired to try and do the math right now lol. Good luck, the ASM's are beautiful
Old 03-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can probably pull that off with the proper camber and alignment on stock fenders.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Ben

you can run a 17x9+40 if you want up front like you said.

with 7.5 width I'd recommend a 25 or so offset using ASM fenders.

fyi, if you want I have access to a used set of oem style (no vent) 25mm ASM dry carbon fenders for 50% off usual price (painted GP White) that are sitting at ASM Japan right now. This kinda thing doesnt come along often, so if you want this used set (flawless condition), call me or email me ASAP.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ben,Mar 8 2006, 05:26 PM

fyi, if you want I have access to a used set of oem style (no vent) 25mm ASM dry carbon fenders for 50% off usual price (painted GP White) that are sitting at ASM Japan right now. This kinda thing doesnt come along often, so if you want this used set (flawless condition), call me or email me ASAP.
hi ben, i read that you have a shipment of asm parts coming. will there be any fenders in that shipment? jack.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ben,Mar 8 2006, 08:26 PM

I would have to think about this. I assume it would still be around 2k for the fenders. However, Dry carbon is very nice.

I 'll let you know.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Young_R,Mar 8 2006, 11:32 PM
I would have to think about this. I assume it would still be around 2k for the fenders. However, Dry carbon is very nice.

I 'll let you know.
The question is, would you even need them? Are you running lower offset front wheels with a Endless/Project Mu size BBK? If not you may not need them and OEM front fenders should suffice, no?
Old 03-09-2006, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Wongawa,Mar 8 2006, 07:12 PM
hi ben, i read that you have a shipment of asm parts coming. will there be any fenders in that shipment? jack.
I think you need a set of wider front fenders. Your brakes are so damn big. Are you hitting your OEM fenders? Whats your degree of front camber? Spacers?
Old 03-09-2006, 07:13 AM

Maybe he just wants the ASM fenders. You don't have to have big brakes to want your S to have wider fenders.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by pfds2k,Mar 9 2006, 08:13 AM
Maybe he just wants the ASM fenders. You don't have to have big brakes to want your S to have wider fenders.
Regardless of what you think, it wont look right/correct and the purpose of these wider fenders is to run lower offset/wider wheels to accomadate some of these larger BBK's so the car doesnt look off when running +20 or +30 offset wheels. Two birds with one stone. You dont have to run a larger BBK your right but it comes back to not looking right without one. I have seen it.

I am giving an opinion and if you dont agree with it, then thats fine your entitled to your own opinion.

I am trying to help him not waste/spend money on a part that he doesnt really need. Whats wrong with that? If he wants them, then so be it. Your going to buy what your going to buy. But I am giving him "MY" observation.

I have seen J's wider front fenders on my buddies car with OEM brakes and its way off and doesnt look great and even he agreed so he went out and bought the Endless BBK with larger front rotors and it sits in there very nicely and fills up the gaps. He also went with lower offset wheels that pushed his wheels out near the edge of the fenders. Now it looks good/right on. Perfect example.

Quick Reply: ASM Fenders