cusco roll cage - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

cusco roll cage

 
Old 06-01-2005, 06:30 AM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 996
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default cusco roll cage

whats the wait on a 6pt roll cage?

also does cusco have any roll cages (specifically 4pt) for 91 mr2's ?
rn2nvs is offline  
Old 06-01-2005, 07:49 AM
  #2  
 
ASMspec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Coast
Posts: 9,205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

3-6 months by boat. Remember they build them from scratch. Even airing it in your looking at over a month. But you would be paying close to double for the cage. Just get something in the states. Elda makes a nice bar.
ASMspec is offline  
Old 06-01-2005, 07:51 AM
  #3  
Kel
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Socal
Posts: 15,831
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 1 2005, 08:49 AM
3-6 months by boat. Remember they build them from scratch. Even airing it in your looking at over a month. But you would be paying close to double for the cage. Just get something in the states. Elda makes a nice bar.
Elda is on unknown delay. SCCA is doing something with new regulations so wael is getting the designs cleared with them.
Kel is offline  
Old 06-01-2005, 08:11 AM
  #4  
Former Moderator
 
Mr. Francesco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: never never land
Posts: 20,372
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

now just remember, Cusco cages arn't aloud on the track. they do not meet the requirments.

anyway, im looking into getting a 5 point cusco cage.

these cages are built to order, and take about 3 months minium. i looked into it...
Mr. Francesco is offline  
Old 06-01-2005, 08:13 AM
  #5  
 
ASMspec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Coast
Posts: 9,205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Guedo512,Jun 1 2005, 08:11 AM
now just remember, Cusco cages arn't aloud on the track. they do not meet the requirments.

anyway, im looking into getting a 5 point cusco cage.

these cages are built to order, and take about 3 months minium. i looked into it...
They are not aloud on certain tracks. Some open tracks allow them. Of course they are allowed in Japan.
ASMspec is offline  
Old 06-01-2005, 08:16 AM
  #6  
Kel
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Socal
Posts: 15,831
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Guedo512,Jun 1 2005, 09:11 AM
now just remember, Cusco cages arn't aloud on the track. they do not meet the requirments.

anyway, im looking into getting a 5 point cusco cage.

these cages are built to order, and take about 3 months minium. i looked into it...
Depends on the venue that is hosting the track day. Most venues will allow it. The ones that abide by SCCA or the like regulations will not alow you to run the cage/rollbar.
Kel is offline  
Old 06-01-2005, 09:35 AM
  #7  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: You can find me in the A
Posts: 618
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

what full six point cage with a harness bar can you get that is cleared with SCCA besides elda? I really like the look of the cusco but if you can't track it whats the point other than the bling.
spoiled@21 is offline  
Old 06-01-2005, 10:14 AM
  #8  
Kel
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Socal
Posts: 15,831
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected],Jun 1 2005, 10:35 AM
what full six point cage with a harness bar can you get that is cleared with SCCA besides elda? I really like the look of the cusco but if you can't track it whats the point other than the bling.
elda is not a 6pt cage, its a 4pt roll bar. If you track your car seriously fast, I wouldn't trust anything beyond a custom cage welded in, JDM or not. I only look into roll bars because I street the car, it hasn't been retired to the track just yet.
Kel is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 08:25 AM
  #9  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 996
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

anyone happen to know if there is one for an mr2?
rn2nvs is offline  
Old 06-06-2005, 08:18 PM
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've seen one in person for the mk2 gen, I've never seen a MR-S one.
mesohuanny is offline  

Quick Reply: cusco roll cage


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands