JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

HKS F-Con iS

Old 01-16-2007, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS F-Con iS

Anyone using this piggy back. It's on the yellow J's racing car. It retails for $800 but looks like it has quite a few options as far as controls. HKS' website doesnt give you many details so I was hoping to inquire if anyone is currently using it on their S2000 and if so how they like it and how much tuning ability it offers.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i havent heard any info yet of anyone running this. but for 800, the AEM EMS standalone is not that far away
Old 01-16-2007, 08:51 PM

Well i live in cold weather climate, part of the year anyways and we have massive problems with cold start. One guy kept his stock ECU, plugged it in for cold start then switched it once the engine got warm. Thats how bad it was for him. So I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do if my VAFC problem cant be eliminated. And if its good enough for the j's race car its definitely good enough for me. I called some goobers on a price in ohio and they never called me back. Hopefully someone on this forum has used some version of the F-con piggy back.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:28 AM

The F-con is a great unit, almost every major tuner in japan uses it. I am planning on running one in my car at some point. The hard part about running this system is most US tuners are unfamiliar with the unit, so finding a shop that can actually tune it may be difficult.

I have never heard of any issues with cold start while running F-con, but I have not seen it in use on an S either.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by neveronlines2k,Jan 17 2007, 08:28 AM
The F-con is a great unit, almost every major tuner in japan uses it. I am planning on running one in my car at some point. The hard part about running this system is most US tuners are unfamiliar with the unit, so finding a shop that can actually tune it may be difficult.

I have never heard of any issues with cold start while running F-con, but I have not seen it in use on an S either.
sorry I was referring to the AEM EMS having cold start issues. You have to be an HKS certified dealer in order to sell the F Con and it has to be installed by that dealer and tuned by that dealer or another certified dealer. They are supposedly the only ones with the tuning programs. And to be an HKS certified dealer I think you have to sell $20-$30k a month in HKS parts thus limiting where you can get one quite a bit. J's yellow car has the older S version. I'm still researching on how to get my hands on one.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:30 PM

I know you were talking about the AEM EMS, but I thought you were worried about it with F-Con too.

When I get the money together I will get it from a friend who has an inside line to HKS North America. I have not been looking into how to buy it just how to tune it. Thanks for the info though.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:46 PM

The guy i might buy it from is in Ohio and said it would only take an hour or two to tune it. And will sell me the unit for $700. I can install it but HKS does not release the software to anyone other than its trained dealers. Still thinking on what I should do....
Old 01-18-2007, 09:03 PM

Yea you cant tune the initial tune (you have to leave that to the dealer to do it for you), but you can buy the fcon navigator which controls most of the settings on the fcon is. I had this on my 1jz supra. Worked much better than my emanage, much better part throttle response, wot was the same though.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by S|2ocK,Jan 18 2007, 05:46 PM
The guy i might buy it from is in Ohio and said it would only take an hour or two to tune it. And will sell me the unit for $700. I can install it but HKS does not release the software to anyone other than its trained dealers. Still thinking on what I should do....
Thats seems like a great price dont they retail much higher than that? Is that with the adapter/harness?
Old 01-22-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by neveronlines2k,Jan 19 2007, 03:49 PM
Thats seems like a great price dont they retail much higher than that? Is that with the adapter/harness?
Seems to be a good price. Retail is $795, but who pays retail? Not me lol. Buschur racing is the name I beleive. I'm gonna try re-tuning my VAFC II tomorrow and see what happens with it. If my car keeps going rich I'm gonna switch to the HKS unit. Oh well If its good enough for J's its good enough for me. Kinda sux because I was planning on buying the final drive and now I may have to fork it over for a different tuning device

Quick Reply: HKS F-Con iS