S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   JDM Tuning (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/)
-   -   ITBs and the S2000 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/itbs-s2000-455631/)

grantedS2k 01-22-2007 12:14 AM

ITBs and the S2000

I'm thinking I want to keep the NA-ness of the S2000, so I'm looking at getting some Individual Throttle Bodies.

I've done some research and I know I will need a higher output fuel pump and a programmable ECU (for this I will use the AEM EMS 1052u) for starters. I will replace the exhuast manifold with the Ricks item, and I'll worry about the test pipe later!

Has anyone who has actually installed ITBs got some useful tips/techniques/base maps to help me with my quest?

wildcardtrd 01-22-2007 09:39 AM

:hello:

You do not need a fuel pump, but you will need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, AEM EMS with wideband (prefferably), and some patience. What kit are you looking at? There's a few of us here running ITBs....I think we'll be able to help out with any specific questions you may have. :)

rcodea 01-22-2007 09:50 AM

How many/who is running the ITBs on their 2.2? Are they getting good improvments? What kind of numbers?

thanks!

Ryan

s2konroids 01-22-2007 09:58 AM

These dont give good gains for the research i have done, 10-15bhp

rcodea 01-22-2007 10:53 AM

true, but thats a 10% gain, not many other parts can show that kind of improvment for about $1500

plus the throttle responce and the sound the air pulsing makes is well worth it!

Ryan

wildcardtrd 01-22-2007 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by admanirv123,Jan 22 2007, 01:58 PM
These dont give good gains for the research i have done, 10-15bhp

Hmmm....your research skills are a little lacking then, if you didn't bother to read my sig....+41 rwhp in the midrange....

wildcardtrd 01-22-2007 11:10 AM

BTW, here's a good link to a good ITB review :LOL:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=436322&st=0

s2konroids 01-22-2007 12:51 PM

yes but thats not ITB on there own

wildcardtrd 01-22-2007 01:53 PM

no...half that is ITB's on they're own...but since you can't run ITB's w/o a standalone, in essence, it IS due to the ITB's, since the ECU is a necessary component to running ITB's :p

Johnny Sack 01-22-2007 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by wildcardtrd,Jan 22 2007, 02:53 PM
no...half that is ITB's on they're own...but since you can't run ITB's w/o a standalone, in essence, it IS due to the ITB's, since the ECU is a necessary component to running ITB's :p

:iagree:

shamowfski 01-22-2007 05:23 PM

wildcard do you have any pics of your filter setup, or is it top secret?

zbrewha863 01-22-2007 07:32 PM

Yeah wildcardtrd, I think your experience with these has really made me want to go ITB now instead of turbo -- it seems much more in line with the way the S2000 was built and intended than going turbo does on the car, and I don't personally like superchargers.

You have great midrange, a really great driveable powerband (which is a large improvement over the stock S2000 powerband) that should be kicked way up with a header and a good exhaust, on one hand I would definately go with something more high-flowing than a Comptech exhaust, but on the other hand Twiztid has almost 300whp out of an F20C running a Supersprint exhaust (and I think the stock exhaust manifold) and said in one thread before that the exhaust ports aren't even big enough to really benefit much from going to a larger header without doing machine work, I think the headers that gain power just benefit from better-designed piping if his research is correct.

I know you said funds are tight and you're probably going to leave it as-is for now, but you might end up being one of the big-hp NA guys in FL within a short time frame.

Tyraid2K 01-22-2007 07:46 PM

yes but can you hold an idle in the morning?

kenstyle 01-22-2007 08:22 PM

Speaking of ITBs (and I don't mean to get OT), but does anyone know or think if it is feasible for ITBs to be fitted into an '06+ s2k, keeping in mind of the DBW/ECU changes?

I mean I would have to swap out the stock ECU anyway for a standalone, but I don't know how ITBs could work with the revised DBW throttle system :confused:

Mr. Francesco 01-22-2007 09:06 PM

ITB's are great if you have the time to really get them running right. Once I get some money ill have some hayward's ;)

grantedS2k 01-22-2007 11:48 PM

I'm looking at the TWM ITB kit, with an AEM EMS 1052u. Its going to mated with a Ricks header and an HKS Hi-Power exhaust.

What fuel pressure regulator should I be looking at? Does one not come with the kit?

The only concern I have is the lack of filter for these things! Won't the ITBS suck in everything?

And what about the quality of air that is fed to the ITBs? The engine is located at the back of the bay and away from any "good" airflow ...(compared to having a snorkel behind the right headlamp)

I'm aware of the the noise, mid-range gains and improved engine response, and thats what makes this so exciting!

grantedS2k 01-22-2007 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by kenstyle,Jan 23 2007, 05:22 AM
...but I don't know how ITBs could work with the revised DBW throttle system...

Man, thats a good question!

A DBW system has a potentiometer on the accelerator pedal and feeds the signal electronically to a motor which in turn opens the butterfly in the throttle body.

The ITB kits are purely mechanical at this stage, so I think you may be out of luck on both the ITBs, but I'm pretty sure you can still go FI!

I could be wrong, but my research tells me I'm not!

Mr. Francesco 01-23-2007 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by grantedS2k,Jan 23 2007, 03:48 AM
I'm looking at the TWM ITB kit, with an AEM EMS 1052u. Its going to mated with a Ricks header and an HKS Hi-Power exhaust.

What fuel pressure regulator should I be looking at? Does one not come with the kit?

The only concern I have is the lack of filter for these things! Won't the ITBS suck in everything?

And what about the quality of air that is fed to the ITBs? The engine is located at the back of the bay and away from any "good" airflow ...(compared to having a snorkel behind the right headlamp)

I'm aware of the the noise, mid-range gains and improved engine response, and thats what makes this so exciting!

Hayward is quality, they are designed well and work with most of the oem componants.

You can buy air socks for them to filter out some of the debris, you dont have to run them 100% open. Lance @ hayward can get them for you, I think they are $90.00

I wouldnt run an HKS exhaust with the ITB's. If your going n/a you should look into a 70mm single header back system, or 63mm single exhaust. Single will get you the most power.

wildcardtrd 01-23-2007 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by shamowfski,Jan 22 2007, 09:23 PM
wildcard do you have any pics of your filter setup, or is it top secret?

I'm picking up a set of filters from VolkGT-N this friday, but I know an inside guy at K&N that's gonna research some angles and get back to me :LOL:

wildcardtrd 01-23-2007 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by zbrewha863,Jan 22 2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah wildcardtrd, I think your experience with these has really made me want to go ITB now instead of turbo -- it seems much more in line with the way the S2000 was built and intended than going turbo does on the car, and I don't personally like superchargers.

You have great midrange, a really great driveable powerband (which is a large improvement over the stock S2000 powerband) that should be kicked way up with a header and a good exhaust, on one hand I would definately go with something more high-flowing than a Comptech exhaust, but on the other hand Twiztid has almost 300whp out of an F20C running a Supersprint exhaust (and I think the stock exhaust manifold) and said in one thread before that the exhaust ports aren't even big enough to really benefit much from going to a larger header without doing machine work, I think the headers that gain power just benefit from better-designed piping if his research is correct.

I know you said funds are tight and you're probably going to leave it as-is for now, but you might end up being one of the big-hp NA guys in FL within a short time frame.

Thanks man :hello:
I've actually changed my mind on the exhaust, again. If I don't go with a T1R 70 sparrow, I'm going to make a 70mm dual with either Tanabe or Megan mufflers, haven't decided yet. After the exhaust, I'm going to try to score a J's header. That should round me off nice for awhile ;)

I'm gonna bug some people to get my that exhaust by my birthday, so look for some new dyno's from me around April :)

wildcardtrd 01-23-2007 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tyraid2K,Jan 22 2007, 11:46 PM
yes but can you hold an idle in the morning?

Yup....fixed all my cold start issues. I had to extend my fuel pump prime value to 10 seconds to fully pressurize the rail, and advance my idle timing up a few degrees. Fires up first time, everytime, and idles about 850-950 until warm, where it sits at 1100 comfortably all day long. I can now drive it immediately after start up...no more waiting for the engine to warm up :LOL:

I sat in my driveway for about 6 hours one saturday, and retuned the crap out of my start and idle load cells. The car runs amazing now.

wildcardtrd 01-23-2007 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by grantedS2k,Jan 23 2007, 03:48 AM

If you go with TWM, be sure to get one of the newer kits. The FPR that comes with the older kits is not vacuum dependant, so makes tuning a biotch. The new ones are much better, from what I hear. I'm running an Aeromotive FPR. It's a very expensive piece, but the quality is 2nd to none.

ITB's don't suck as much air as you'd think they do...bear in mind, at full song, the F20C draws roughly 325 cfm of air. (9000 rpm * 1997 cc) / 2 (4 stroke only draws in air every other revolution). Divide that among 4 runners, you're looking at 81.25 cfm per runner, or a face velocity (based on my throttles being 50mm diameter) of 27.08 feet per minute each(math nerds check my math please). You can't barely feel that amount of airflow. The advantage to ITB's is the even, linear flow of air to each combustion chamber, and the lengthened distance of the injectors from the cylinders. On most ITB kits, the injectors are located almost directly behind the throttle plates. This provides much more plenum volume for the fuel to atomize into the air stream.

As for the quality of the air...you are right, it's not as "cool" or "clean" as a scoop would be right from the front of the car, but based on what I've seen while tuning my car, with the hood vents in place, my IAT's hover between 5 and 20 degrees above ambient, depending on highway cruising or sitting in traffic with my A/C on. Any car guy knows that having IAT's in the 60's and 70's for your engine is the equivalent of giving a redbull to a toddler. :LOL:

icemans2k02 01-23-2007 04:51 AM

this is seems pretty awesome and a possibly route since i just sold the supercharger

wildcardtrd 01-23-2007 05:22 AM

I would like to add a disclaimer to those of you considering ITB's...

They require ALOT of tuning to run right, so make sure you know someone who's GOOD at it.
They require a stand alone ECU. If you get the AEM EMS, your coolant temp readout on the dash will no longer function, and the coolant temp and iat calibration tables that ship with the ecu are wrong, no matter what AEM tells you. You will need to recalibrate them.
No ITB kits are direct bolt-in. None of them. I don't care what they say. You will have to fabricate various pieces to get it all to work. In my case, we had to fabricate a TPS bracket, throttle cable linkage bracket, vacuum block brackets, and fuel lines.

The use of larger injectors are mandatory. Stock injectors simply can't flow enough w/o being pushed into unsafe duty cycles.

Expect to spend 1-2 days install, a few good hours on the dyno, and at least a full day street tuning the part throttle, idle, and startup cells. I'll be more than happy to help anyone out, since I've been though enough pain and agony over getting these right...the knowledge I'd be able to give you will greatly increase your enjoyment of this type of product.

It is NOT an easily reversible project. You may need to cut fuel lines, coolant lines, or extend coolant lines. The dissasembly part of the process will leave you terrified of where all the little misc. bullshit would need to go, should you ever decide to go back. Make sure you only take on this project if you fully know what you are getting into, and realize that it's pretty much a permanent modification. Removing 60 lbs of Prime Honda engineering, and replacing it with 8 lbs of aftermarket engineering, is an unnerving task. Do so at your own risk.

ITBs2k 01-23-2007 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by zbrewha863,Jan 22 2007, 11:32 PM

Not if I have anything to say about it! :LOL:

ITBs2k 01-23-2007 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by wildcardtrd,Jan 23 2007, 09:22 AM

They require ALOT of tuning to run right, so make sure you know someone who's GOOD at it.
They require a stand alone ECU. If you get the AEM EMS, your coolant temp readout on the dash will no longer function, and the coolant temp and iat calibration tables that ship with the ecu are wrong, no matter what AEM tells you. You will need to recalibrate them.
No ITB kits are direct bolt-in. None of them. I don't care what they say. You will have to fabricate various pieces to get it all to work. In my case, we had to fabricate a TPS bracket, throttle cable linkage bracket, vacuum block brackets, and fuel lines.

The use of larger injectors are mandatory. Stock injectors simply can't flow enough w/o being pushed into unsafe duty cycles.

Expect to spend 1-2 days install, a few good hours on the dyno, and at least a full day street tuning the part throttle, idle, and startup cells. I'll be more than happy to help anyone out, since I've been though enough pain and agony over getting these right...the knowledge I'd be able to give you will greatly increase your enjoyment of this type of product.

It is NOT an easily reversible project. You may need to cut fuel lines, coolant lines, or extend coolant lines. The dissasembly part of the process will leave you terrified of where all the little misc. bullshit would need to go, should you ever decide to go back. Make sure you only take on this project if you fully know what you are getting into, and realize that it's pretty much a permanent modification. Removing 60 lbs of Prime Honda engineering, and replacing it with 8 lbs of aftermarket engineering, is an unnerving task. Do so at your own risk.

Well put Nate.

This is definetly NOT a walk in the park project. You can ask Nate what I had to go through just to get my car back to me up and running and still not 100%. In the past 6 months I ve had 2 different ITB kits on my car and both had their share of problems during the installation process. No matter what the companies say, THEY ARE NOT A DIRECT BOLT-ON! TWM is very hard to tune especially. Just keeping the car at a good idle was hard in itself. They require much attention and detail during the whole process even after the cars is running. Before I put my TWM ITB kit on (2nd one), I knew I could not go back to stock. The damage that was done to making it back to its original state woulda been costly and a major headache. So I decided to stick with ITBs. If you can accomplish it, you will love it and say it was worth it. Its def. unique and get alot of attention. It just depends how commited you are...and how deep is your wallet.

Nate i Need the diamter of your stacks so I can order your filters.

Roger

wildcardtrd 01-23-2007 09:01 AM

my stacks are 3 5/8" diameter, Roger.

CwestinAP1 01-24-2007 12:36 AM

great information wildcardtrd, thanks.

wildcardtrd 01-24-2007 07:19 AM

np :hello:

hcar 01-24-2007 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by grantedS2k,Jan 23 2007, 12:48 AM

The TWMs come with the reguluator attached to a -10 fuel rail you can look at them here http://www.twminduction.com/ThrottleBody/T...ody2000-FR.html

grantedS2k 01-24-2007 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by wildcardtrd,Jan 23 2007, 02:22 PM

...Do so at your own risk.

Wow!

See, thats the kind of advice I was looking for, and the exact reason I opened the thread! Many thanks wildcardtrd! :thumbup:

There is a company near me that will do the work, but even they acknowledged it doesn't come cheap! I thought about doing it myself, but I don't have the support should something go wrong... back to researching... maybe even night school!

MINES13 01-24-2007 01:06 PM

I have a set of 50mm TWMs I am selling with carbon horns. They include plug and play 550cc injectors and the lower coolant pipe ready to bolt on. Just get engine management and plumb your fuel return/send and you are ready to tune.

ITBs2k 01-24-2007 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by MINES13,Jan 24 2007, 05:06 PM
I have a set of 50mm TWMs I am selling with carbon horns. They include plug and play 550cc injectors and the lower coolant pipe ready to bolt on. Just get engine management and plumb your fuel return/send and you are ready to tune.

def. a good deal. most of the fabrication needed is alrdy done.

The FPR thats on my TWM that came with it on the fuel rail sucks. Its not a vaccuum type and doesnt feed my engine enough fuel during heavy launch causin major bogging.

highwaystardoritos 01-24-2007 02:49 PM

I'm going this route too with a few reasons.

One reason being that I have Volk and Wildcard near me if I run into any problems.

2nd reason being is that I'll be going into more road racing courses and going turbo wouldn't be reliable anymore. I want to keep that I can go to like 200k miles without any problems. So keeping it NA is the best thing for me.

3rd, I can't keep my car down for a while since i'm still in school. If something really breaks if I went FI route. Since I've already had a turbo car I know the problems that you will and can go through. I know its not certain i'll get problems if i go turbo, but the risk are still there.

4th, that ****ing sound... good, its a freakin badass sound lol.

One question... what ITB's will you guys go with? the TWM's or custom? I'm leaning more towards TWM's... Volk, do you have any pictures of it out of the box?

Antonov 01-24-2007 09:33 PM

so what are the major differences between Jenvey, TWN, Toda and others. If money is no object which setup would you guys go with?

TommieB 01-25-2007 02:40 AM

bump!

wildcardtrd 01-25-2007 05:27 AM

Your major ITB companies are TWM, Toda, Tracy Sports, Jenvey, and Hayward. TWM's are unique in that they manifold is all one piece, and the throttle plates rotate about a vertical axis, with the throttle linkage being attached under the manifold. Since TWM's are all one piece, should something break, you'd have to replace the entire manifold. Jenvey and Hayward are virtually identical. They are comprised of seperate components...A base manifold that attaches to the head, followed by 4 seperate throttle bodies, of which you can order any size from 45mm to 52mm. The throttles in these kits rotate about a horizontal axis, and are connected in series, each individually adjustable, with the main throttle linkage independant of location...i.e. you can locate it anywhere you want. The Jenvey and Hayward kits allow much, much more fine tuning via allen set screws on each throttle body, allowing you to sync the plates much easier, and set your hard idle easier. The Toda and Tracy Sports kits are very nice indeed, and similar in construction to the Jenvey and Hayward kits, in that each piece is seperate. All ITB kits allow you to run whatever size air horns you'd like, but Jenvey and Hayward offer more choices than the others. If I could have gotten any kit on the market, price no issue, I'd have gotten Toda's....but I couldn't cough up the $3600 for the kit when the group buy was out. The Jenvey's I have are a very, very nice piece, and I am very happy with my purchase.

On a special note, some of you probably read Sport Compact Car magazine. In the January issue, they pimp the Fuji ITB's in their product reviews for the S2000. DO NOT BUY FROM FUJI. They ripped Roger (VolkGT-N) off BIG TIME, left him with no manifold, no injectors, nothing, just a block with 4 red rags stuffed in the intake ports and a big #### you for his time.

MINES13 01-25-2007 06:00 AM

thats messed up. :(

wildcardtrd 01-25-2007 07:50 AM

Rog, need me to delete that so they can't use it?

ITBs2k 01-25-2007 08:02 AM

naw your good As long as I didnt say it.

Antonov 01-25-2007 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by wildcardtrd,Jan 25 2007, 06:27 AM
Your major ITB companies are TWM, Toda, Tracy Sports, Jenvey, and Hayward. TWM's are unique in that they manifold is all one piece, and the throttle plates rotate about a vertical axis, with the throttle linkage being attached under the manifold. Since TWM's are all one piece, should something break, you'd have to replace the entire manifold. Jenvey and Hayward are virtually identical. They are comprised of seperate components...A base manifold that attaches to the head, followed by 4 seperate throttle bodies, of which you can order any size from 45mm to 52mm. The throttles in these kits rotate about a horizontal axis, and are connected in series, each individually adjustable, with the main throttle linkage independant of location...i.e. you can locate it anywhere you want. The Jenvey and Hayward kits allow much, much more fine tuning via allen set screws on each throttle body, allowing you to sync the plates much easier, and set your hard idle easier. The Toda and Tracy Sports kits are very nice indeed, and similar in construction to the Jenvey and Hayward kits, in that each piece is seperate. All ITB kits allow you to run whatever size air horns you'd like, but Jenvey and Hayward offer more choices than the others. If I could have gotten any kit on the market, price no issue, I'd have gotten Toda's....but I couldn't cough up the $3600 for the kit when the group buy was out. The Jenvey's I have are a very, very nice piece, and I am very happy with my purchase.

On a special note, some of you probably read Sport Compact Car magazine. In the January issue, they pimp the Fuji ITB's in their product reviews for the S2000. DO NOT BUY FROM FUJI. They ripped Roger (VolkGT-N) off BIG TIME, left him with no manifold, no injectors, nothing, just a block with 4 red rags stuffed in the intake ports and a big #### you for his time.

u da man wildcard

sorry to hear that VOLK

CynCrvrAP1 01-25-2007 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by wildcardtrd,Jan 25 2007, 06:27 AM
If I could have gotten any kit on the market, price no issue, I'd have gotten Toda's....but I couldn't cough up the $3600 for the kit when the group buy was out. T

crazy as it sounds i can get these itbs for 2800..

Mr. Francesco 01-25-2007 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by CynCrvrAP1,Jan 25 2007, 03:09 PM
crazy as it sounds i can get these itbs for 2800..

arn't the TODA's a 46mm design? Its realitively smaller than the other sets on the market.

Antonov 01-25-2007 11:32 AM

toda=46mm=more torque?

wildcard, are you saying that in addition to power and sound improvements w/ the ITB's, you have also shed 60lbs while maintaining A/C?

ERL_S2000 01-25-2007 11:33 AM

Wel most everything said has been true so far. I Run the 52MM ITM ITBS. They are a bitch touchy at first opening and its hard to tune down very low but it can be done, we did it:. Powerband down very low with the 52mm thortlles is a bit lower than most but the top end is where the car just sings. A increase in top end power is really needed with cams so alot of your power increase in in the midrange. I am selling my set that is currently for sale in the for sale section. You have to make a custom cooling line that you can mount you coolant temp sensor on so you can set up your warm up enrichment. Overall a great setup if you dont mind be a little brave and doing it right.

ITBs2k 01-25-2007 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by eurotrashdtm,Jan 25 2007, 03:32 PM
toda=46mm=more torque?

wildcard, are you saying that in addition to power and sound improvements w/ the ITB's, you have also shed 60lbs while maintaining A/C?

You def save weight. Itbs are a lot light than ur stock manifold for sure. And yes you can still maintain ac. Living in fl, that's a plus!

wildcardtrd 01-25-2007 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by eurotrashdtm,Jan 25 2007, 03:32 PM

yes :)

ERL_S2000 01-25-2007 01:21 PM

I have AC but I chose not to hook my heat up.

rcodea 01-25-2007 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by ERL_S2000,Jan 25 2007, 12:33 PM
You have to make a custom cooling line that you can mount you coolant temp sensor on so you can set up your warm up enrichment.

What do you mean? Are people not running their ECT sensors with these ITBs? What does such a custom line look like?

Ryan

wildcardtrd 01-25-2007 03:05 PM

Some kits come with provisions for the stock temp sensor, but none of them are positioned to where you can actually plug the harness into it, from what I know. I "rigged" mine up to work by running 2 18 gauge solid wires with female spades on the sensor to 2 male spades pushed into the harness slots (basically, made a big 2 wire jumper.)

Although at first thought you might think, ah, I'll just hook this up later...don't. You computer will see the failed temp sensor as -60 degrees or some crap, and add 20% fuel to every cell to compensate. You can tune this way, but it's innacurate, and your maps will be worthless the moment you hook that temp sensor up. (What happened to me).

Antonov 01-25-2007 03:55 PM

this turned into an awsome thread :bigpopcorn:

rcodea 01-25-2007 03:59 PM

this turned into an awsome thread :bigpopcorn:
haha, we aint done yet! We still have Nate's car with exhaust, and my F22C as soon as I can get them!

So with the Jenvey and I would guess the Hayward, have the mount for the sensor, just need to add a jumper then to get the ECT to the harness?

Ryan

CynCrvrAP1 01-25-2007 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Guedo512,Jan 25 2007, 12:11 PM
arn't the TODA's a 46mm design? Its realitively smaller than the other sets on the market.

yeah i believe they are. :thumbup: hurry and do yours ;)

wildcardtrd 01-25-2007 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by rcodea,Jan 25 2007, 07:59 PM
haha, we aint done yet! We still have Nate's car with exhaust, and my F22C as soon as I can get them!

So with the Jenvey and I would guess the Hayward, have the mount for the sensor, just need to add a jumper then to get the ECT to the harness?

Ryan

Or....knowing this knowledge now...plug the sensor harness onto the plug BEFORE you bolt on the manifold and fill the car with coolant :LOL:

rcodea 01-25-2007 08:45 PM

ya, that makes since!

Ryan

highwaystardoritos 01-26-2007 12:22 AM

well by this coming monday I'll know if I can do the ITB's. Have a job interview coming... But I may get wheels header and exhaust first then get into the ITB's... we'll see thou.. maybe I can get a $5k limit credit card lol...

CoralDoc 01-26-2007 04:58 AM

VolkGT-N - I don't know you or your specific situation, but Jimmy at Fuji Racing has always been completely honest and straightforward with me. He has bent over backwards to make sure that I am completely satisfied with all of the numerous products that I have purchased from him over the past several years. I am very surprised that you had to go to court over a dispute.

I will be putting ITBs from Fuji Racing on my Miata for the next racing season.

Fyrestrike 01-26-2007 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by CoralDoc,Jan 26 2007, 08:58 AM
VolkGT-N - I don't know you or your specific situation, but Jimmy at Fuji Racing has always been completely honest and straightforward with me. He has bent over backwards to make sure that I am completely satisfied with all of the numerous products that I have purchased from him over the past several years. I am very surprised that you had to go to court over a dispute.

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

ITBs2k 01-26-2007 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by CoralDoc,Jan 26 2007, 08:58 AM

Yea. After working with him fro about 8 months. I thought he was an striaghtforward, stand out guy too. BUt when money was involved, and he became in financial problems, thats when things changed. But, as long as he treats you right, than thats on you. I had my experience, and I can only say my peace and hope nobody ever goes through what I went and still going through to today. Good luck, and I mean it. :thumbup:

rcodea 02-22-2007 08:28 AM

who is running the ITBs on their F22c? I would love to see the graph and the like....

either that or i will have to be the first to do the ITBs on the F22c....but i cant imagine that is the case!

Ryan

Impulse147 02-22-2007 11:15 AM

How do you think ITB's will fair In a cooler fall/spring climate like here in ohio?I'm aboslutely obsessed with NA cars...spent tons of money just to get my celica GTS to hit 200hp N/A anyways this is the way I'd like to go with the s2k,also when it comes to tunning how different is the apexi PFC from the AEM EMS? only shop that I've found so far is slowmotion performance and they've never done ITB's on a s2k before, but have tons of experience with the AEM EMS, as far as Installation goes i'm confident I can do it as I've worked with cars most of my teenage years,mostly vintage corvettes and mustangs, but do you think I should find a shop more knowledgeable with ITB tuning and if so any recommendations ,as I'm willing to get the car where it needs to be ,so it has a great tune.

ERL_S2000 02-22-2007 01:31 PM

The itbs in cold weather can be a pain to start. Injector Phasing setup on the AEM can help this a bit. I run alot of fuel at Idle and to 1500 rpm. I would not use anything other than AEM or a standalone that = or better. As far as finding places with Itb tuning experiance its very hard. I took my car to 2 different people to start out. Some poeple like to tune Via MAP sensor and some Tune Alpha N (Tps). My car is tuned by tps. For those tuning make sure Tps Based Fuel is on. Otherwise it seems the Ecu does not know where in the map it is because of the Tps signal. When we started out there were alot of bogging issues. That was cleaned up with due time as we started to tune the car. Since I am running a 12:0:1 piston my timing will be a bit lower than others running lower comprsesion. Using Raw knock valves to tune timing is a must. The tuner must understand how to use the internal data logging system. Mid range power is where the gains really come from. My top end power didnt raise that much but mid end power did. When it really comes down to it be ready to spend some time getting them right. Its also good to understand EFI systems. I have learned alot of watching the car be tuned and now can do alot of tuning myself. I would be happy to provide some start up maps that can be modified. I use 750cc injectors which are pretty big for the setup. Those running smaller injectors can then make a correction using the software. The power is basicly a on/off thing. Part throttle tuning takes along time and im not yet happy with it. There so much I could go on with on this subject but I will just answer questions from here on out. Its a great thing to give a shot if you know and can go through the process.

MINES13 02-22-2007 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by rcodea,Feb 22 2007, 09:28 AM
who is running the ITBs on their F22c? I would love to see the graph and the like....

either that or i will have to be the first to do the ITBs on the F22c....but i cant imagine that is the case!

Ryan

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...mg=396835&md=1
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...mg=396836&md=1

I am running a custom Hytech race header custom slip fit to a T1R 70mm single exit exhaust. My 50mm Jenvy setup is port matched to my head. I am also running Titanium dual valve springs and retainers. My cams are a beta of the new Hytech F20C NA cam with Toda cam gears. Most of my power is from the cams and the Jenvy's, they just work better then the TWM but you also have to pay twice as much. Of course, I am running the AEM ECU as there is no other cost effective standalone solution for the car as of yet.

I am selling my set of 50mm TWM ITBs with lower radiator pipe and carbon air horns ready to bolt on, they have 15 miles on them and are in perfect working order. I am selling them for 1,600 shipped with the lower radiator pipe (normally you would have to fabricate this).

rcodea 02-23-2007 07:37 AM

I am running a custom Hytech race header custom slip fit to a T1R 70mm single exit exhaust. My 50mm Jenvy setup is port matched to my head. I am also running Titanium dual valve springs and retainers. My cams are a beta of the new Hytech F20C NA cam with Toda cam gears. Most of my power is from the cams and the Jenvy's, they just work better then the TWM but you also have to pay twice as much. Of course, I am running the AEM ECU as there is no other cost effective standalone solution for the car as of yet.
I didnt realize that you were using a f22c...great to know that there is someone else who is running them.

are you a beta tester for the hytech cams? are they sponcering you in some way? would it be possible for myself to do the same? PM me any details...my car could be a great little seller for them :LOL:

any thoughts as to what the same cams and the Jenvey's could perform using a stock header and a 2.5 custom exhaust, no cat? the 250 barrier achievable?

and taking your f22c to almost 9k...i thought that was a no-no becasue of the rod bolts and geometry, regardless of the head/valve/retainers...no?

Ryan

MINES13 02-23-2007 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by rcodea,Feb 23 2007, 08:37 AM
I didnt realize that you were using a f22c...great to know that there is someone else who is running them.

are you a beta tester for the hytech cams? are they sponcering you in some way? would it be possible for myself to do the same? PM me any details...my car could be a great little seller for them :LOL:

any thoughts as to what the same cams and the Jenvey's could perform using a stock header and a 2.5 custom exhaust, no cat? the 250 barrier achievable?

and taking your f22c to almost 9k...i thought that was a no-no becasue of the rod bolts and geometry, regardless of the head/valve/retainers...no?

Ryan

9 is fine for the F22C, any more then that and you will have serious longevity issues. The cams should by on sale by next month. Hytech is a very small company and does not do sponsorships. My vehicle was used for testing purposes because I was willing to pay for my parts and allow them the use of my vehicle for as long as is nessisary. You would certianly see significant gains in the powerband both at peak power and in massive torque increases throughout. I believe that through a 2.5 inch exhaust and a stock header 250 is possible, maybe even more. In all honesty the stock header is better then many aftermarket offerings and as good as the majority. :thumbup:

kenstyle 02-23-2007 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=MINES13,Feb 22 2007, 03:09 PM] https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...mg=396835&md=1
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...mg=396836&md=1

I am running a custom Hytech race header custom slip fit to a T1R 70mm single exit exhaust.

MINES13 02-23-2007 04:38 PM

I would think cams, 70mm exhaust, no cat, stock header and cams tuned proper would net an honest 18-20hp but I can only speculate. My car baselined at 237hp, exactly what the factory quotes :D. With everything I am making exactly 38.5 hp over stock as of now. The big surprises are definitely in the torque numbers. We are making as much as 60lbft of torque over stock in some areas. As it sits the car pulls like a supercharged car only with much better transient response (engine accelration) due to the reduced pumping losses of the ITBs. I will be tweaking a few minor things I will cover later in the hopes of breaking 200lbft and 280hp. Keep in mind this is being done on stock valves, no real head work and a completely stock bottom end. The head has NEVER been removed from the block.

kenstyle 02-23-2007 08:35 PM

[QUOTE=MINES13,Feb 23 2007, 05:38 PM] I would think cams, 70mm exhaust, no cat, stock header and cams tuned proper would net an honest 18-20hp but I can only speculate.

superslows2k 02-23-2007 08:58 PM

theres an itb setup coming out soon, suppose to be straight plug and play system with the brackets and mounts. for those looking to get into itb's. i dont know much until i get a set in stock though and have the dynos to back them up

rcodea 02-23-2007 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by superslows2k,Feb 23 2007, 09:58 PM
theres an itb setup coming out soon, suppose to be straight plug and play system with the brackets and mounts. for those looking to get into itb's. i dont know much until i get a set in stock though and have the dynos to back them up

who makes them?

grantedS2k 07-10-2007 12:12 AM

Any news on a plug-and-play ITB setup?

grantedS2k 07-27-2007 12:20 AM

The research continues

weiRtech 07-28-2007 03:17 AM

would anyone be interested in running a barrel throttle setup if i built one? this is an idea i've had for a while now, just haven't had the time to build them. i know they would outflow itb's at wot, but off wot tuning would be difficult. i plan to build a set for myself, but if someone else is interested, i may make a couple.

MINES13 07-28-2007 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by weiRtech,Jul 28 2007, 03:17 AM
would anyone be interested in running a barrel throttle setup if i built one? this is an idea i've had for a while now, just haven't had the time to build them. i know they would outflow itb's at wot, but off wot tuning would be difficult. i plan to build a set for myself, but if someone else is interested, i may make a couple.

Barrel throttles would be pretty hardcore. The new 260hp Caterham has a barrel ITB setup. They run the Ford ("Black Oak"?) ECU which is fully tuneable if you have the equipment.

rcodea 08-04-2007 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by weiRtech,Jul 28 2007, 03:17 AM

i might be interested, just need to see what you can make work and the like.

Ryan