JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

J's 60rs w/MY06+

Old 02-18-2009, 04:23 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you need spacers or washers to put in between the lower rear tie bar. I believe the exhaust doesn't fit or rubs against that piece.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need longer exhaust hangers you may be able to use the stock hanger with 3 holes but just use 2 of the holes they are a little longer than the 2 hole hangers. This may lower the exhaust enough to clear the tunnel but will cause the resonator to hit the cross member. I have heard that some people are using spacers to lower the cross member.

My car needed to be 100% autocross stock class legal and moving the cross brace would not be by the book. So I used the 3 hole stock hanger on the short of the 2 options (using just 2 of the 3 holes) on the hanger by the bumper, the stock 2 hole hanger on the middle hanger and no hanger on the resonator. This lowered it enough to clear the tunnel but caused the resonator to hit the cross member. I then took a hammer to the resonator using a lot of little hits bent the resonator enough to clear the cross member. This broke the weld on the resonator. It is at the welder today getting fixed (if you do this make sure you can find someone that can weld Ti.)

In hindsight I should have sold it before I made it unsaleable. But I think it should work now.

edit:

I got my exhaust back from the welder yesterday and ended up using the 3 hole rubber hanger on the resonator. It's working good so far.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but your resonator is still banged up? and your using all 3 holes on the hanger? i dont mind the cross member bar cause i can just get the gt one that bends lower or just put spacers my only worry was about the exhaust tunnel so your saying if i get longer hangers it should clear? how low will the exhaust be? enough for me to scrape on everything i come across? sorry for so many question i dont want to ruin a 1k+ mod lol damn now im just thinking of trading it now
Old 02-19-2009, 11:48 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Even though I really wanted this exhaust, I just went ahead and ordered the T1R 70R-EM.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by wOlLeyLaBeL,Feb 19 2009, 10:16 AM
but your resonator is still banged up? and your using all 3 holes on the hanger? i dont mind the cross member bar cause i can just get the gt one that bends lower or just put spacers my only worry was about the exhaust tunnel so your saying if i get longer hangers it should clear? how low will the exhaust be? enough for me to scrape on everything i come across? sorry for so many question i dont want to ruin a 1k+ mod lol damn now im just thinking of trading it now
Yes my resonator is all banged up. I am just using 2 of the 3 holes on the hanger its a little longer than the 2 hole hanger. The exhaust dosen't hang down to far but I am at stock height. I don't know what people are doing about the resonator hitting the bracket that the cross member mounts to when they use spacers to lower the cross member. Seems that would be a issue also. I put a dent their also. My exhaust is still very close to the tunnel but clears it's kind of a trial and error process to get it where it doesn't hit any thing.

disclamer:

I am not telling anybody to do this just sharing my (bad) idea.
trading the exhaust may be the best option.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by FISH22,Feb 19 2009, 12:48 PM
Even though I really wanted this exhaust, I just went ahead and ordered the T1R 70R-EM.
Good choice
Old 02-20-2009, 06:38 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It just amazes me, that in the last 3 years, J's hasn't made a new version for the 06+ owners. I mean, they'd obviously make more money doing this, considering how many 06+ owners want this exhaust but don't want to deal with the fitment issues.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:17 AM

I agree FISH22 it would only take a small change to the pipe that runs through the tunnel to make it fit with no issues
Old 02-20-2009, 08:53 AM

guess they dont want the money...damnit anybody want a 60rs fx lol
Old 03-15-2009, 03:23 PM

I gave AJ's Racing a call today and they're working on making a FX60RS which will fit all models of the S2000. It's going to be something like $1516 when it comes out. It's special order only though.

Quick Reply: J's 60rs w/MY06+