JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Just checked out Brian Crower's website..

Old 08-29-2007, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just checked out Brian Crower's website..

But first, remember InlinePro's 2.7L stroker all-motor 300rwhp thread from a few months back?
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=492891

Pay particular attention to the second dyno that compares the 2.7 monster to a stock AP1. Also pay attention to Ya's announcement:

Originally Posted by ya@inlinepro
We hit our goal on a STOCK HEAD, STOCK INTAKE MANIFOLD, STOCK THROTTLE BODY, STOCK HEADER.
That means stock cams, stock valvetrain, stock head....basically the 2.7L motor was ALL STOCK at the time of the dyno with the exception to the bottom end.

Now let's take a journey to Brian Crower's f20c/f22c engine main page here:
http://www.briancrower.com/makes/honda/f20cf22c.shtml

Now click the little dyno chart icon that correlates to his Stage 3 Normally Aspirated Specification cams, and what do you see?

Ahh..something looks familiar doesn't it?

Numbers, powerband curves, the color of the chart...everything is identical to Ya's original chart. BC didn't even do a half-assed attempt of photoshop work to try to at least differentiate things a bit. Tsk tsk.

Now if you take a look at the bottom notes, you'd notice that although BC acknowledges the presence of a stroker kit, he claims that a part of that massive power increase was a result of his very own BC0062 Stage 3 cams and BC0040 titanium valvetrain set. And that doesn't even make any sense because if you keep reading the footnote, it says STOCK HEAD, stock intake manifold...etc.

Which is also inconsistent with Ya's original report that the 300rwhp stroker ran on a STOCK HEAD.

Hmmmmmm... lol I love this smilie

Now I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say MAYBE, just MAYBE there is a justifiable explanation behind all this..perhaps Brian Crower, has joined business ventures with InlinePro. But I find this to be highly doubtful as BC has already lost ALL credibility in my eyes considering how his previous batch of camshafts had lost power all throughout the powerband. And he just so thought it would be a brilliant idea to release it to the public without any real proper r&d work.

Your thoughts?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:35 PM

btw I have already forwarded this thread to Ya's PM box so hopefully he and the rest of the guys at IP can resolve this quickly
Old 08-30-2007, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm,,, weird been watching BC to see if anything comes out of the shop i can try on my car...
Old 08-30-2007, 06:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kenstyle,Aug 29 2007, 10:22 PM
But first, remember InlinePro's 2.7L stroker all-motor 300rwhp thread from a few months back?
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=492891

Pay particular attention to the second dyno that compares the 2.7 monster to a stock AP1. Also pay attention to Ya's announcement:

Originally Posted by ya@inlinepro
We hit our goal on a STOCK HEAD, STOCK INTAKE MANIFOLD, STOCK THROTTLE BODY, STOCK HEADER.
That means stock cams, stock valvetrain, stock head....basically the 2.7L motor was ALL STOCK at the time of the dyno with the exception to the bottom end.

Now let's take a journey to Brian Crower's f20c/f22c engine main page here:
http://www.briancrower.com/makes/honda/f20cf22c.shtml

Now click the little dyno chart icon that correlates to his Stage 3 Normally Aspirated Specification cams, and what do you see?

Ahh..something looks familiar doesn't it?

Numbers, powerband curves, the color of the chart...everything is identical to Ya's original chart. BC didn't even do a half-assed attempt of photoshop work to try to at least differentiate things a bit. Tsk tsk.

Now if you take a look at the bottom notes, you'd notice that although BC acknowledges the presence of a stroker kit, he claims that a part of that massive power increase was a result of his very own BC0062 Stage 3 cams and BC0040 titanium valvetrain set. And that doesn't even make any sense because if you keep reading the footnote, it says STOCK HEAD, stock intake manifold...etc.

Which is also inconsistent with Ya's original report that the 300rwhp stroker ran on a STOCK HEAD.

Hmmmmmm... lol I love this smilie

Now I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say MAYBE, just MAYBE there is a justifiable explanation behind all this..perhaps Brian Crower, whose shop is located in San Diego in the sunny state of California, has somehow joined business ventures with InlinePro, which is located in Virginia. But I find this to be highly doubtful as BC has already lost ALL credibility in my eyes considering how his previous batch of camshafts had lost power all throughout the powerband. And he just so thought it would be a brilliant idea to release it to the public without any real proper r&d work.

I had NO IDEA this guy would ever stoop to something this low to sell a product. I thought the BC name was a respectable name within the Honda/Acura community for the longest time. I have even conversed with him via email about half a year ago and he genuinely seemed like a nice and knowledgeable guy.

Your thoughts?
I havent read Ya's postings. but did they say they had stock cams? when they said stock head, could have just meant no portwork etc.

Just a possability?

Greg
Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 AM

GREAT RESEARCHING!

IM INTERESTED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS FROM HERE? BC?

BRIAN CROWER? HELLO? BC?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

JDM?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:21 AM

Hello everyone,

From the get go we were working with Brian on these cams. They were successful and we sent Brian the dyno chart. I did not release the name of the cams until Brian was ready to, so now that he has posted the dyno chart, I want S2ki to know we used Brian Crowers Stage 3.

Also with the confusion of the "stock head" portion -

We have always used the term stock head as in a stock head, no port work, no valve job done to it. We did not mention stock valve train (in which would refer to the cams, springs and retainers...)

The car was dyno'd on a stock s2000 head with no port work, and without a valve job. But it had cams and various valvetrain installed.

Hope this clears up this thread, and BC has been a good company to work with.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:29 AM

Ah, I see.

If you guys weren't so 'hush-hush' about your cam testing in the first place, I wouldn't have misunderstood this whole thing.

I was also under the impression that stock head = literally, a stock head. Thanks for clarifying

But now that I have IP's attention...any recent updates with the 2.7L monster?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:39 AM

If you actually go back and re-read the thread you posted above about Ya's stroker kit, you will see numerous times Ya mentions the use of cams.

Go back to his other thread that follows the build up and you will see many members guessing the type of cams used in the build. Of course we would not release the name of the cams until they are proven to work.

Nothing shady going on here...But glad we got the misunderstanding straightned out.

-Chris
Old 08-30-2007, 08:41 AM

No updates.

Been real busy with work, so that needs our attention before my own car.

Maybe in the winter!!!

Quick Reply: Just checked out Brian Crower's website..