modifications for s2k - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > JDM Tuning
Reload this Page >

modifications for s2k

Notices
JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

modifications for s2k

Old 10-24-2008, 07:13 PM

Default modifications for s2k

wat up people..my name is shaun n i am from south africa. i have a 05 s2000 which is a 2L....its registered 06...we dont get the 2.2 here. my car has been stock for a while and makes 207whp. i was happy with the ppower but now need more. she runs next to my mates VW GTI that has a stage 3 chip, ful decat and pipe and cold air intake.

the car is going in for a custom decat and 63mm pipe goin either 50mm dual or 57mm at the back.
also thinking of keeping the stock header as the exhaust guy said it is good in the stock form. he did recommend ceramic coating the header to keep temp down under the hood and to insulate the header.

my questions:
1. shud i go 50 or 57mm split in the back? want the most power.

2. wud ceramic coating the header help? or shud i replace with a aftermarket piece? if replacing wat make is good?toda?hitech?

3. am keen to do the cams and valve springs etc but have read here that these dont work? was thinking bout goin skunk2. wat does work with respect to this?

4. gonna get a drop in KnN filter n then gut the box. does gutting the box work? gonna run a cold air ducting to the box. dont want engine bay looking too hectic with intakes etc.

5. we dont get hondata here in SA so was thinking doing DASTEK piggy back unichip system. they seem to work well here. any insight on ecu tuning? can i do these mods without ECU tuning?

thank you guys for any help. have gotten really confused reading some of the threads with respect to wat does n does not work so decided to jus ask for help instead of going n buying all these parts n goin backwards.

once these things have been done want to do a progresive NOS kit. any advice on this for the s2k?

thanks again people. nice to know that i can get help from fellow s2k drivers.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:51 PM

Get gears,and you'll be done.!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 09:07 PM

1. go bigger, but make sure your cat matches your exhaust.
2. I wouldn't waste the money. Honda didn't ceramic coat it for a reason. There are aftermarket headers that make power, but they are pricey and the stock one is good if you can hold out for one later.
3. Wait for some real nice, affordable cams come out. Everything I've read so far on cams has been inconclusive.
4. You could ghetto rig it to make power, or just get a snorkel or velocity stack style intake. A lot of the JDM intakes make power and look great. My Mugen is clean, simple, makes power and opened up MAD space in the engine bay.
5. All the boltons you described can work without an ecu tune. An ecu tune is needed to maximize gains, though. If you can't find a shop to PROPERLY tune your car, don't do this. Too much risk, in my opinion.

P.S. - This is all in my opinion. Other forum members will have their own reasons to agree or disagree. Most importantly, remember it's your ride and no one elses. Just make sure your decisions are informed and responsible. Good luck!
Old 10-25-2008, 10:05 PM

for exhaust, it seems that 70mm seems to be where the power's at for exhaust. make sure the test pipe matches it. you can either go 70 > 63mm split, or 70mm all the way through.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:15 PM

Not sure you want to spend the money but once you go FI you will never look back.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:18 PM

get a snail.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:33 AM

thanks alot guys..wil keep u posted in the mods i attemp and with dyno graphs etc...
Old 10-30-2008, 11:12 AM

wats up guys..tell does gutting the airbox work?
Old 11-02-2008, 12:03 PM

from what ive herd if you are going to run the stock airbox leave it the way honda designed it for maximum power
Old 11-02-2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire,Oct 25 2008, 03:51 PM
Get gears,and you'll be done.!!!
x2

Quick Reply: modifications for s2k

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands