JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Some questions I had....

Old 05-09-2005, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some questions I had....

1. Who is First Molding? First molding sells both versions of the J's racing carbon hood and the J's racing diffuser at a fraction of the price. are they japan's very own seibon? or are they the main manufacturer that actually supplies small tuning shops like j's racing? if they are the same but just cheaper, why dont u guys offer that?

3. Are there any JDM ecu's out there that are compatible with california's ghetto supreme 91 octane?
Old 05-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Kel

2. That arm is made by Goto Garage I think. JsAP1 used to have it.

4. My impression is that they can, but not without a sizable group of buyers to make it worth while for the tuner in question.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by kush only,May 9 2005, 09:17 PM
2. The gold top secret AP1 uses a mugen intake with some sort of titanium intake arm, you can see it in the hyperev #76. Who makes that and is it availible? would using something like that or gotogarage cause heatsoak since the tubing is very likely to get hot?
[/QUOTE]2. That arm is made by Goto Garage I think. JsAP1 used to have it.[QUOTE]

yea i know, i saw it on kekoa's car a long time ago. the piece top secret uses is made out of titanium and uses blue rubber not green. kinda looks like a greddy intake except its titanium.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:21 AM

2. That arm is made by Goto Garage I think. JsAP1 used to have it.

yea i know, i saw it on kekoa's car a long time ago. the piece top secret uses is made out of titanium and uses blue rubber not green. kinda looks like a greddy intake except its titanium.
i belive that piping was made by TS and is a one off piece for their car.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kush only,May 10 2005, 12:17 AM
2. The gold top secret AP1 uses a mugen intake with some sort of titanium intake arm, you can see it in the hyperev #76. Who makes that and is it availible? would using something like that or gotogarage cause heatsoak since the tubing is very likely to get hot?
Give it another week, there will be a suprise...for everyone.

A ti intake arm will definitely make the Mugen intake more efficient.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:49 AM

No JDM ECUs will perform optimal with 91 octane, but you could use a VAFC or the like to make it work better...

This is not the first time I've heard of First Molding... I recall that they were the manufacturers of the J's pieces, but they did not uphold the same quality standard or something like that... Don't quote me...

Also, the TS car's intake arm was a one off, but Ben might be able to get it for you... price would be killer in comparison to the GoTo garage piece though...I'd get the GoTo and have it wrapped in sock carbon personally...

Don't hold your breath on the ASM US Navi... Amuse ECU would be dependant on them having a US car to use I'm sure... I can't imagine there would be a big enough market to warrant it...
Old 05-10-2005, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Xplosiv,May 10 2005, 01:18 PM
Give it another week, there will be a suprise...for everyone.

A ti intake arm will definitely make the Mugen intake more efficient.
hmmm... I'll be waiting...
Old 05-10-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GOTO garage is made from aluminum, so it will not heat up that much. Same as TI. so really won't make any difference between the two. Not to mention most who have mugen cai with garage goto have vented hood.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the new part coming out soon was made from one of my two Goto Garage pieces. I actually brought in another one.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluesaint,May 10 2005, 02:10 PM
GOTO garage is made from aluminum, so it will not heat up that much. Same as TI. so really won't make any difference between the two. Not to mention most who have mugen cai with garage goto have vented hood.
I believe only Stu and Chris had that setup.

Quick Reply: Some questions I had....