JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

SPOON roll cage

Old 07-05-2005, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPOON roll cage

I am considering maybe purchasing the SPOON 7pt role cage. My questions are, will the roll cage fit while utilizing all stock interior parts? How much trimming if so, is required. Would I be better off just getting the 4pt.? Would the 4pt require trimming or interior removal?

I'm also confused because I see pictures of roll bars and cages that look similar to Cusco, but claim they are SPOON. Did SPOON change the design of their roll bar/cage?

I just want a roll cage/bars that will fit inside the S2K and retain all interior parts with minimal trimming for installation.

I would appreciate any help.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would get the Spoon cage if any. What do you need the cage for? The Spoon 4 point would suit your needs or the Safety 21 or the Cusco 4 points. I might also suggest a USDM cage. Elda makes a SCCA approved rollbar. Dont just limit your options to lets say Spoon or Mugen. There are so many options out there. Carbing is another option.
If your a tall person then IMO a cage only adds to discomfort for long drives but great for leg room at the track. Its all about your daily driving habits or if this is just a weekend car.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Kel

Spoon does make a 7pt cage but I read somewhere that it does not function with the soft top/hardtop lining? Also, it doesn't look like it uses a harness bar and the supporting diagonal bar is made for RHD.

ELDA does not make a cage, they make the only bolt in SCCA approved roll bar. I believe you will only lose one click of recline from the ELDA bar. It sounds like you are looking for a bar for cosmetic/harness bar reasons? I think the Cusco and Safety21 bars/cages fit your needs best, they do not require cutting except the soft top boot area(I think?). The ELDA bar requires you trim the plastic roll hoops in order to install.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:04 PM

Thanks for the input Js and HunterEz.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Elda bar seems to me, the best functional bar out there, not just as structural and safety enhancement, but as HunterEZ stated, its SCCA sanctioned and legal at almost all U.S. race ways. That said, I'm said to inform you, the bar is no longer available, another source for fabrication is in the works. As soon as they are available again, I'll probably pick one up.

As J's and Hunter have said, for asthetics, the Cusco and Safety 21 are pretty cool looking. I've also heard that the Spoon and Cusco bars are the same. Maybe someone can clarify.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Kel

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,Jul 8 2005, 04:14 PM
The Elda bar seems to me, the best functional bar out there, not just as structural and safety enhancement, but as HunterEZ stated, its SCCA sanctioned and legal at almost all U.S. race ways. That said, I'm said to inform you, the bar is no longer available, another source for fabrication is in the works. As soon as they are available again, I'll probably pick one up.

As J's and Hunter have said, for asthetics, the Cusco and Safety 21 are pretty cool looking. I've also heard that the Spoon and Cusco bars are the same. Maybe someone can clarify.
GFL is looking for a fabricator to mass produce the bar still. The spoon roll bar is the same as Cusco and Safety21. The cage is their original design I think.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct on the Elda bar. And thanks for the spoon bar information.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:10 PM

So the SPOON roll bar is the same design as the cusco and safety21?
Is there a difference between SPOON and Cusco?
Old 07-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Kel

Originally Posted by SDUECE,Jul 8 2005, 05:10 PM
So the SPOON roll bar is the same design as the cusco and safety21?
Is there a difference between SPOON and Cusco?
The Spoon roll bar design looks identical to the Cusco. I wouldn't be surprised if they're both manufactured by the same company. As for materials, I'm not sure what the spoon bar is made of. Maybe Jory or one of the other Spoon guys will chime in.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:18 AM

anyone have pics of this spoon 7 pt. on our s2k

Quick Reply: SPOON roll cage