JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

T1R Fuel Ionizer

Old 04-04-2006, 02:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default T1R Fuel Ionizer

Anybody have this?

Only $90... If it does ANYTHING I'm down... Heck, save fuel, add 1 hp, cleaner exhaust, ANYTHING....

Or does it just have a catchy description to fool people like me?

www.aj-racing.com > Engine > page 5 (NOT under S2000).
Old 04-04-2006, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first of all,, it's on the 4th page
second,, i lmao on "Or does it just have a catchy description to fool people like me?"

decomposing the molecules!!! how does this work ?!
improving the combustion can be done with more oxegene, not decomposing of the fuel molecules!!! do u know how big the gasoline molecule is with all the branches on it ?! what is decomposed here in the molecule !!! ```
somebody correct me if i'm wrong
Old 04-04-2006, 03:19 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wyatt, I don't mean any disrespect to Ben or his fine shop, but even the most reputatable shops will carry whatever they can sell as long as there is a market for it. This includes items that are suspect in function. The company that makes and markets these things are the ones who make the claims, not the shop. The shop only gives what the customer "might" want.
A magnetic fuel atomizer? This is in the same league as the grounding kits. And don't forget about the "Turbonator". Anyone can make these things sound spectacular in ads and in promotions. There are lots and lots of people rolling around the streets with every imaginable gadget installed because they look pretty, cost big bucks (so must be good) and comes with a pretty little sticker.

Let's take a look at the claim:
The T1R Max Power Fuel Ionizer places two heat resistant Neodymium magnets around the fuel line to ionize the fuel before it reaches the engine. The magnets decompose the gasoline molecules into ultrafine particles. The gasoline particles are more evenly spread, thus improving combustion. Consequently, power, torque, engine response, fuel efficiency, and emissions are improved.
Gasoline is not a very polar solvent. Non-polar solvents aren't affected greatly by magnetic fields and even highly polar solvents will need a electric field, not a magnetic one before any changes will occur. Also, you can't "ionize" fuel molecules with a magnetic field. You ionize a molecule by disassociating it from it's bonded compound. A magnetic field isn't likely to do that. To "decompose" a molecule is to oxidize it. No magnet will oxidize anything, let alone make into ultrafine particles.
But OK, let's say for the moment, it actually does what it claims. Save fuel? How long do you think it would take you to get your 100 bucks back? 5 years? 10 years?
Add 1 hp? How do you even measure 1 hp? And would you ever notice?
Cleaner exhaust? If you're that concerned about 1 tiny spec of polution in a billion particles thrown out your tail pipe, then get it. Personally, I think the cat will handle it just fine.
Buy it if you believe this stuff. Lots of guys do.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:30 PM

Garbage!!!!!! 100dollars for a magnet? What's the profit margin on the 10k to 1
Old 04-04-2006, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're going to pay a $100 bucks for 2 magnets?
Old 04-04-2006, 03:45 PM

No, I'm not.

Thanks for the detailed post, yet again, Xviper.

I'm not a chemist, so I couldn't tell ya what a magnet does to gasoline or what those terms means. Hence this question and my thread.

If did make the gas more combustable or cleaner or effecient, cool!
Obviously it doesn't. And I don't care about another check on my mod list or a pretty sticker... So this product isn't for me. Thanks again!
Old 04-05-2006, 04:01 AM

lol

we should make xviper the official jdm junk inspector and protector of our wallets.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by quickysrt,Apr 5 2006, 05:01 AM
lol

we should make xviper the official jdm junk inspector and protector of our wallets.
Maybe not. I actually tried a leaf blower duct taped to the Spoon snorkel once. Worked OK till the cord ran out.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by xviper,Apr 5 2006, 08:26 AM
Maybe not. I actually tried a leaf blower duct taped to the Spoon snorkel once. Worked OK till the cord ran out.
Battery powered, baby. Then you could get a Grounding kit to top that off!
Old 04-05-2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by WyattH,Apr 5 2006, 10:46 AM
Then you could get a Grounding kit to top that off!
As soon as they make these out of "Neodymium", I'm in.

Quick Reply: T1R Fuel Ionizer