Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Altered Atmosphere v. Agile Auto

Old 04-17-2005, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altered Atmosphere v. Agile Auto

So, I go to Altered Atmosphere, my friend goes to Agile Auto.

His Experience - They supercharge his Miata, install a header and exhaust, give him new rotors in all 4 corners, new brake lines and pads, all for the price they quoted him, done in 2 days, which was one day earlier than they told him.

My Experience - They tell me its better to order the GReddy from them than through someone else so they can do everything in house. Instead of ordering a kit in stock, on the internet, for $2999, I go through them for $3200, and have to wait 2 months for the ****ing kit to arrive. They also told me they'd done 2 turbo RX-8s already - when I actually drop the car off I find out they had TUNED two turbo RX-8s, but hadn't actually installed any of the kits on them. Next, they tell me the install will be done in 3 days MAXIMUM, instead it takes 5 and I'm stuck without a car, at a friend's house, with no ride. Finally, they charge another $200 more than the price we agreed on citing the difficulty of the install for the delay and price increase.

Moral of the Story
Extreme Motorsports - ****s (see previous threads when I owned the Eclipse)
InlinePRO - ****s (so unhelpful I decided not to get an S2000 and got the 8 instead)
Altered Atmosphere - ****s
Agile Auto - very cool guys!
Old 04-17-2005, 02:17 PM

This is either spam or you like to make the same thread in different forums. This exact thread and content was on the newcelica.org dcm thread.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:38 PM

Received 773 Likes on 463 Posts

I only know agile auto to do subbys.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:54 PM

guess you didn't do your research...... those shops are all in it for business.... obviously they want you to buy the turbo kit from them yada yada...... next time buy the kit cheaper somewhere else. and then take it in to a shop to get it installed... or better yet.. do the install yourself....
Old 04-17-2005, 06:35 PM

Well i can speak for Agile, Extreme, and Altered. Been to all, experienced them all.....

Bottom line all of them are full of douchebags, I wouldnt trust any of them with my car, If i had to pick one I would pick Altered over them all, but they did blow up a NSX on their dyno.

Rule of thumb: If you want it done right, do it yourself!
Old 04-18-2005, 02:58 AM

JE Import Performance
Old 04-18-2005, 06:45 AM

Received 773 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMKID35,Apr 18 2005, 07:05 AM
Agile sucks!
Speaking from experience?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by cytokin,Apr 18 2005, 02:58 AM
JE Import Performance
Where do you get that from. JE is literally 2 minutes from my house. I knew James from High School. Cool guy, alright service i guess, but as far as bang for your buck he is the worst. He charges the most assinsane prices for the simplest of jobs, I went there to have a bolt knocked outta my shock mount becuase it was being stubborn, I couldnt even get it with air tools at home, I needed something with a higher PSI, More along the lines of 130psi+ (my tank was at 90), he got it out in about 5 minutes but damn, $75 for a ing bolt. Never went back there again.

Also fyi he has installed 2 engines in my friends Integra, Turbo'd em, and tuned them and still managed to blow them both up.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:45 PM

Wow. That's pretty bad.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:24 PM

I think altered atmosphere is the worst shop to go to i have friends telling me they blew plenty of their costumers motors and i have a friend that took his evo to get it tuned and they did the worst job. Word of advice i think ppl should go to atlantic motorsports! Many ppl go there get a lot of things done the right way and they never screw you over on labor and they also give you a better price on labor if you buy the part through them.They have installed turbo kits on many cars done a great job they mostly specialize on evos but they also do other cars, my bro goes there their customer service is the best and they always do a great job!!!

Quick Reply: Altered Atmosphere v. Agile Auto