Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

clutch replacement

Old 06-10-2016, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch replacement

Hey all, new s2k owner and new to the forum. I know there are a whole bunch of posts about this already but kind of wanted to get the opinion of locals. my 06 is in need of a new clutch and was just wondering what you all thought would be the best bang for the buck. car is pretty much stock besides the aem cai. and while im posting on here, anyone have a solution to the heat coming into the car from the transmission/exhaust heat?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2016, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with an OEM clutch if I were you. For the heat from the transmission you can put some type of lining material. I have Dynamat in the interior of my car. Homedepot sells some type of insulation for less money.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by dpak
Hey all, new s2k owner and new to the forum. I know there are a whole bunch of posts about this already but kind of wanted to get the opinion of locals. my 06 is in need of a new clutch and was just wondering what you all thought would be the best bang for the buck. car is pretty much stock besides the aem cai. and while im posting on here, anyone have a solution to the heat coming into the car from the transmission/exhaust heat?

Thanks
If that's all you've done mod-wise and nothing huge is planned, go for the stock Exedy one. I needed something stronger since mine is about 60-70HP more than stock, but that's the one my mechanic suggested if I was stock.
I need to make the time and do it, but I got some good reflective insulation to put under the carpet to reduce heat. http://www.lobucrod.com/ is the company I bought from, they also sell on eBay. Lightweight, really good at heat reduction, will reduce a small bit of noise too.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by mugen_rsx09
I would go with an OEM clutch if I were you. For the heat from the transmission you can put some type of lining material. I have Dynamat in the interior of my car. Homedepot sells some type of insulation for less money.
dynamat makes a big difference on the heat inside the car? my gf always about the heat inside the car
Old 06-10-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by PaulaDanielleSchultz
Originally Posted by dpak' timestamp='1465580436' post='23990193

Thanks
If that's all you've done mod-wise and nothing huge is planned, go for the stock Exedy one. I needed something stronger since mine is about 60-70HP more than stock, but that's the one my mechanic suggested if I was stock.
I need to make the time and do it, but I got some good reflective insulation to put under the carpet to reduce heat. http://www.lobucrod.com/ is the company I bought from, they also sell on eBay. Lightweight, really good at heat reduction, will reduce a small bit of noise too.
thanks! how much of a difference in heat did you notice after? is it worth the time and effort or should i just suck it up? my gf doesnt like the heat too much but i think its bearable
Old 06-12-2016, 05:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Definitely do OEM or the Exedy stock replacement.