Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Dumb & Dumber (I need help)

Old 12-19-2001, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb & Dumber (I need help)

OK, So my wife has these guys come to the house in their van to detail her Beemer. They do an excellent job, so I ask how much to wash & vacuum my "S" (it's black you know). The price was OK, so "knock yourself out"

When finished, it looked great

I pay them, they leave, and about an hour later I go to get in the car and notice the side marker isn't flush to the body of the car. I touch it, and the marker falls out, dangling from the wire These guys (Dumb) knocked the side marker off.

Never seeing the back side of these things (as opposed to the backside of Gregg), I couldn't determine (at first) why it wouldn't snap/clip in place, so I (Dumber) go to the passenger side to try to remove it's marker when "SNAP" I hear a piece of plastic fall behind the body somewher, and wouldn't ya know, the broken piece of plastic clip looks identical to the broken piece on the other side (DUHHHHHHHH)

So the bottom line is, I've got side markers dangling from both sides of my little black beauty

I've already PM'd Tim @ MG Racing to see how fast he can get me a pair of clear ones. Hopefully soon.

Does anyone locally have a pair of spares, maybe stock ones they've replaced? Depending on Tim's ability to overnight them, I may be interested in purchasing yours.

Could someone reply to this brilliant doofus
Old 12-19-2001, 07:06 PM

Bummer! Sounds like something I would do Sorry I can't help, and hope you get it fixed real soon.
Old 12-19-2001, 08:33 PM

I haven't seen the setup but I'd think you could just put them back in with a small dab of silicone seal somewhere in the interior. That would hold them in but the "dab seal" (a highly technical engineering term) would be easy to break loose when the replacements come.

As an alternative, you could use bubble gum. Or, I know you have some Poligrip laying around. It's waterproof you know.

Now you know why I (wisely) never wash my car.
Old 12-19-2001, 08:34 PM

Oh, some others might recommend a big piece of duct tape. Don't do that. It's unsightly.
Old 12-19-2001, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by jschmidt
Oh, some others might recommend a big piece of duct tape. Don't do that. It's unsightly.
Funny--I was going to recommend a big wad of chewing gum. I have always found Bubbalicious to be best suited.
Old 12-19-2001, 10:19 PM

i have the stock side markers, you can use them first before you get the replacements... pm me or something...
Old 12-20-2001, 06:25 AM

Hi guys!

Thanks for your recommendations, and thank you jfys2k for your offer to lend me yours.

Tim @ MG Racing (Tims2k) is overnighting me a set of clear markers, so I should have them by mid-day tomorrow. In the meantime, it looks like chewing gum is the way to go.

Gregg, I know you recommend Bubblalicious, and I would "adhere " to your recommendation if this was a perminant fix, however; my tool shop is currently equipped with Big Red

Their advertisement says it lasts a little longer, so...............
Old 12-20-2001, 06:41 AM

Well I guess it's a toss up between lasting a little longer and blowing a bigger bubble.
Old 12-20-2001, 07:10 AM

Would JDM gum be too rice?
Old 12-20-2001, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ROTFLMAO!! Funny stuff!

Quick Reply: Dumb & Dumber (I need help)