Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

F&#*ing idiots!!!

Old 01-06-2018, 06:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F&#*ing idiots!!!

*begin rant*

Well..... because of a drivers neglect to pay attention. And me peacefully sitting in stopped traffic of course I was rear ended. It was me, woman behind me (also fully stopped), and idiot. And well idiot slammed hard into the woman behind me successfully enough to push her into me. And idiots insurance which is the s&$%#iest insurance company ever (Geico) they are totaling my car. Ok I thought... everyone I know makes out with insurance claims. Surly my 2003 great condition kinda high mileage car (160k) is worth something decent. Till they came back with the number.... 6,400......... I can’t not replace my car with 6,400..... So yeah.... nothing I can do unless I want to sue them and wait 6-9 month for litigation to come back with. A. More money, or B. The same amount and then also lawyer fees. And since I don’t have a second car my only hope at this point buy it back 1,100 (I’m good with that) so either way I’m buying it back. I’m just at a loss of what to do now.

*end rant*
Old 01-07-2018, 04:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would not give up on this.

What they are offering you sounds like Blue Book. Market value is a completely different story. Take my car for instance. A 2003 Sebring with 40,000 miles. My local taxing authority has my car valued at $7,400 dollars. Blue book. I pay property taxes on that. However If I chose to sell my car I could probably get $18,000 with the right buyer. So I think with the right amount of documentation of local market values you should get more.

What does YOUR insurance agent say?

I would turn this over to them and let them fight it out with Geico.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:07 AM

I paid 200 for an auditor/appraiser and he’s wondering why they are totaling my car and provided real examples of comparable cars for sale and they are around 11-13k and appraised the repairs for my car around 4K. Also provided nada evaluations and comparisons. And they said no we aren’t budging.

My problem is if I go through my insurance and file a claim my insurance goes up regardless if it’s my fault or not. And it wouldn’t go up perse I would just loose my no claims discoun and it would raise maybe $10 a month.. And if they give me, say 10k. They will sue Geico and if they can’t get all of it back then my insurance will absolutely go up. But if they get it all I still lose my no claims discount.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The other thing you might do is threaten to sue personally, the person who caused the accident.

That may cause them to lean on their insurance a little harder.

I have seen this work in the past.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

don't give up so easily. Make alternate plans so that not having a car doesn't force you to accept a deal that you won't be happy with. people think they need lawyers for everything. Just do some simple research and document the market conditions through all the online platforms to show what the going rate for these cars is, in the "sold" section on ebay for example... then document the condition of your car. Send them the data in writting so that they can see that your are serious about this. You'd be suprised how quickly they might raise their settlement offer before you even start trying hard.

Insurance is supposed to help replace your car not give you black book value.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:45 AM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

You should be dealing with YOUR insurance company. They will in turn collect from the other company.

-- Chuck
The following users liked this post:
zerofade (03-20-2024)
Old 01-07-2018, 11:35 AM

Old 01-07-2018, 11:44 AM

That’s what they are totaling... it’s at my good friends body shop. He use to own an s2000. Does amazing work. His name is mason he owns mantis auto body. So if I can get it fixed he’s gonna do the work. And that’s the thing. I just want my car, no more no less... looking back I should have opened the door and fell out. And while everyone was crowded around me start hearing me say something. The they say “quiet he’s trying to say something”. And all I say is “paid”.

Thank you all for your responses. I have to figure something out. And yeah I showed them other cars in the area and Same with the audited/appraiser. They still didn’t budge. If you all have Geico I strongly urge you to switch. I had a lawyer friend help me figuring if they saw that I hired a lawyer they would try to settle it quickly and they would know I was serious. But they didn’t.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:57 AM

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts

I would be on the phone with my insurance company ASAP. Your rates should not increase since you were not at fault. You'll likely have to pay the collision deductible, but should be returned once they settle with the other guys.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:12 PM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

YOUR insurance company should fix the car. They exist to protect your interests. Use them. Wait! Your insurance company is GEICO?

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: F&#*ing idiots!!!