Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Going under the Knife

Old 01-30-2002, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going under the Knife

Fellow mid-atlantic and especially Richmond area folks,

I just want you all to know that tomorrow, i will be in surgery to donate some of my bone marrow to some guy that needs it. The closer it gets, the more apprehensive i become, not because i am scared of what might happen if things go wrong, but more, what i will be missing for a few days because my ass will be sore.

It has been such a nice few days that i don't want to spend two days in the hospital, but well, i guess i should save a life...

Just keep me in your prayers, cause well, i am actually becoming more and more scared. But i know in the end it will all be good.

I will be out saturday, so it better be nice!

Till Then,

Dave.....

BTW, i think everyone should go and be registered. you never know when you will be matched up with someone. Imagine all the tickets you should have gotten, this one good deed might wipe a few of those away....
Old 01-30-2002, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a very noble gesture. get well soon.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:12 PM

Dave,

You should be excited! It's not everyday that you get to help someone else continue their life. I registered several years ago and I hope that someday I can help someone too. Good luck!

John
Old 01-30-2002, 06:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Fantastic Dave! You'll do juuuuuust fine, don't you worry! I'm sure everyone will offer up a moment this evening to see to your well-bein' & quick healin' Take care & hollar on the boards when you're back!
Old 01-30-2002, 08:48 PM

thanks guys.. i will see you all when i get back...
Old 01-31-2002, 04:24 AM

Take care Dave! Don't worry.............everything will be just fine. We'll keep ya in our prayers Wonderful gesture indeed.

Mike
Old 02-02-2002, 10:55 AM

you know.. i just noticed.... someone gave this thread big star treatment. .thanks guys....

BTW, i am well.... it wasn't as painful as i thought it would be. nothing like a little R&R at the hospital.

If any of you decides to get an operation done at MCV, the suites are an awesome place to recover. I had the royal treatment. Private chef, personal nurse, 24 hour anything i wanted to eat. it was great.

They served me Surf and Turf for dinner, and i also called in for some soup, a sandwich, some jello, cheesecake, smoked salmon. They even had crab cakes. it was great. they told me that if you wanted to stay in the room, it is a 250 charge. Lucky for me, i didn't have to pay anything...
Old 02-02-2002, 11:43 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dkhl
[B]it is a 250 charge.
Old 02-02-2002, 12:34 PM

What airgate said!!

I didn't realize there is a registration system for this. I'll definately look into this!

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2002, 12:44 PM

I think the lady who was in charge of the registry in Richmond said that it is usually 21 to get your blood typed and put into the national registry. they sometimes do drives, and I know they will be doing one around the 21st.

I think this is a great thing for people, the chances of you getting matched is almost none, but just the idea of you wanting to help someone and the opportunity to get your blood typed is doing a lot

Quick Reply: Going under the Knife