Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Karting, let's think of a format

Old 12-16-2001, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Karting, let's think of a format

It seems there is going to be enough interest this winter to have a nice go at the karting track in Dulles. So while thinking of the next event, it occurred to me that we should plan the whole shebang.

We should decide how many Grand Prix we should have (probably one a month) and what should be our final race (maybe even an enduro event that they have).

So anyway, here are my $0.02, please comment:

1. Heats - 1 per month (Jan 19,Feb 16, March 16)
2. Superweekend maybe the last heat in March we do the whole weekend, two days back to back.

What days work better for all of you Saturday/Sunday? Should we just limit this to Jan and Feb since in March we will be in the S2000's anyway?

OK enough from me. Awaiting your feedback ...
Old 12-16-2001, 06:07 PM

Although I can normally do either day, January 19th is the trip to PTG so I'm sure a number of us won't be able to make it.

You and I must be on the same wavelength.... I was thinking four Mini GPs over three month's time (mainly due to the cost of the enduro), but would love to have an enduro as the final race. Maybe four GP's thru March and the enduro in April.

I'm afraid that if we schedule them too close together then people will have a problem paying but four weeks between races seems a little long. Maybe a three week split?

Of course we need a points system in order to name a winner at the end of the series. I'm still thinking on that one, but I'm leaning towards awarding points to the first six finishers:
  • 5 pts for 1st
  • 4 pts for 2nd
  • 3 pts for 3rd
  • 2 pts for 4th
  • 1 pt for both 5th and 6th

I don't see a reason to change the points total for the enduro (if we have one). The longer race time is challenge enough.

Ideas anyone???
Old 12-17-2001, 04:45 PM

Well Gregg, it seems there is not much interest for a series. Either that or they left it up to us to come up with the rules

Anyway, I think we should only have three Grand Prix (that count towards the series). In that way we hopefully will have the greatest attendance.

For the dates to hold it on, we should coordinate the dates as not to conflict with other activities of course. I think Rick is planning a monthly meet in Baltimore, so we should also plan around those dates once they settle.
Old 12-17-2001, 05:22 PM

Yeah, I think everyone is waiting for us to announce the schedule.

My reason for holding at least one more event was to give everyone a better chance at walking away w/ the grand prize. I agree we need to coordinate w/ our northern brothers to make sure there are no conflicts.
Old 12-17-2001, 06:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gregg
[B]My reason for holding at least one more event was to give everyone a better chance at walking away w/ the grand prize.
Old 12-17-2001, 06:31 PM

This sounds a little serious guys, are we sure we won't be holding knives against each other afterwards or maybe chase the officials j/k

I am not sure about what the best format is, I guess we have to do some trial and error. My suggestion is, we still keep everybody together in the same race, but let the faster folks stay in the back or take off a few seconds late.

But the group A and B sounds good as well, either is fine with me, as long as we bring it on
Old 12-17-2001, 06:47 PM

Another idea ..... from playing time trials against Perry in Gran Turismo 3

How about "Best Lap Time" of the day or whomever touched the 21 second territory gets a free meal from the NOVA crew, and if anyone of us breaks the record time, we all go to a strip club, how 'bout that?
Old 12-17-2001, 07:13 PM

Originally posted by mstw
and if anyone of us breaks the record time, we all go to a strip club, how 'bout that?
And we have trouble getting people to Hooters....
Old 12-17-2001, 07:18 PM

lap dance is meant to be "one at a time" ; now, we don't want to form a line and wait around right

j/k guys but lets keep it as an option
Old 12-18-2001, 12:38 AM

SUNDAY.... please... i still have calsses on saturday next term, so please if its possible let it be on sundays... and for me i think the group A and B thing should be nice... that way i might have a chance to get a trophy... cause i dont think there is a chance for me to bet alberto, gregg, and my brother... i am not saying i can bet everybody else, just that way i have a little more chance to get a trophy without me go and buy one...

Quick Reply: Karting, let's think of a format