Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

a little local help...

Old 03-24-2005, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a little local help...

for those unaware, my trailer was stolen from behind my place a few weeks ago. i just got it back this week, but i want to ensure that it doesn't happen again. seeing that i'm moving out to you all in a few months, here's what i could use some help with.

i now keep my trailer down at my barn where we keep our horses so it's safe. so, i'm looking for either someone who might have some space for me to stow my trailer that's secure or if someone can point me at a business nearby that can do the job at a reasonable price.

a little info on me. i'm moving to quantico, will be out there in ... ohhh ... late june or early july and will be there for 6 to 10 months.

anyone with suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you moving into a house? I would suggest it may be safe enough to leave it on your property.... I know people who do that here and have had no problems... I can't over a place to store it.. sorry
Old 03-24-2005, 06:09 AM

Why don't you try leaving it on the base?
Old 03-24-2005, 06:32 AM

i'll be moving into the barracks on MCB quantico (umm ... sorry. that's Marine Corps Base for those unfamiliar).

sooo ... keeping it on base would be a great idea since it should be secure. now, i'll just need to actually find the info of if there's something available and at what cost. i'm actually at a crossroads atm cuz of my money situation and my possible divorce so free sounds a lot better albeit prob more inconvenient.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:50 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Tanner, we have an RV/boat lot run by the marina manager, Tony. I can get you some pricing as early as this afternoon.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:54 AM

BTW, glad you got 'er back... hopefully in decent condition. What about the effects inside? That stand?

I would offer my house, but I don't have the room.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:56 AM

i was hoping someone might be in the same state i am where they have a few horses and a lot of unused land where i can park the car trailer. that's ideal. and i'd appreciate the pricing when you get a chance. i'm trying to get everything arranged long before i go out there for peace of mind.

actually, the trailer is in great shape. other than the latches being hacked to get inside, you wouldn't be able to tell anyone took it. my show stuff, i'm told, is with the pima county sheriffs since the thieves tossed it out of the trailer to make room for more stolen goods after they took it. unfortunately, the detective on the case is on vacation. i talked to him shortly before he took off, and he'd said he'd get back to me after he got back, and i have his number so i'm not worried. nice guy. i found out, as well, that another detective he works with is the dad of one of the young ladies a dated for a while a few years back. i even had xmas dinner with him back in '99. small world.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:02 AM

Received 773 Likes on 463 Posts

I would say you could leave it in my cul-de-sac, since there are only 3 houses in there, but it's not "secure" or anything. Plus, I think I'm about an hour away from Quantico?

Anyway, welcome to the neighborhood.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:16 AM

tks, bro. i've already been able to figure that you Mid-A people are good to go. i can't wait to get up there to meet some of you all in person.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:49 AM

Tanner, it's $22/mo for items under 24 ft. It is paid semi-annually(June and Dec I believe). This is a waiting list right now, however, he told me to have you e-mail him with your name and he'll put you on the list. You are in no way obligated. When the time comes you can accept or deny.

His e-mail address is cruza*usmc-mccs.org

Replace the "*" with an "@"

Quick Reply: a little local help...