Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Looking for NoVa Paint Shop

Old 06-23-2020, 05:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Looking for NoVa Paint Shop

Hello all,

I am looking to get a paint job for my s2k. Any recommendations in northern VA? I’m located in Woodbridge, VA. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2020, 12:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Incabear
Hello all,

I am looking to get a paint job for my s2k. Any recommendations in northern VA? I’m located in Woodbridge, VA. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
D&V Autobody in Sterling.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by copafeel87
D&V Autobody in Sterling.
Thanks for the recommendation. I called D&V today but they only do collisions.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2020, 04:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 for D&V. They did a fantastic job on repaint my entire car. Ask for Raj. If you bring your car in person, they'll be able to discuss your options. I am not sure about the "only collisions" - maybe it is more lucrative for them to deal with insurance and body work on serious damages etc. but I didn't have any trouble convincing them to do just my bumper either.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by kasher_khan
+1 for D&V. They did a fantastic job on repaint my entire car. Ask for Raj. If you bring your car in person, they'll be able to discuss your options. I am not sure about the "only collisions" - maybe it is more lucrative for them to deal with insurance and body work on serious damages etc. but I didn't have any trouble convincing them to do just my bumper either.
The lady I spoke with on the phone was pretty adamant they only do collisions and referred me to:
https://fasteddiesautobody.com/

Might give them a call
Old 06-25-2020, 05:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The lady I spoke with on the phone was pretty adamant they only do collisions and referred me to:
https://fasteddiesautobody.com/

Might give them a call
Don't know if I would trust a body shop called "Fast Eddie". Ironically, his site took a while to load.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:07 AM

Received 207 Likes on 187 Posts

I took my ‘01 NFR to Burtons Paint and Body Shop in Glen Allen, a little more than an hour south of Woodbridge and they did a phenomenal job.

10401 Knotty Pine Ln, Glen Allen, VA 23059
Old 06-27-2020, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Birdybog
I took my ‘01 NFR to Burtons Paint and Body Shop in Glen Allen, a little more than an hour south of Woodbridge and they did a phenomenal job.

10401 Knotty Pine Ln, Glen Allen, VA 23059
thanks, I will make contact. So far I have visited 2 places for estimates. For both a white pearl custom paint:
1-Maaco (Springfield) -$3800 they need 7-10 business days

2-Fast Eddies(Manassas) - $4500 he needs 3-4weeks

White pearl is a maybe, I am also considering championship white which I asked and it’s about $400-$500 less of each quote.

Looking to get probably 1-2 more estimates. Still looking for recommendations.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2020, 05:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks, I will make contact. So far I have visited 2 places for estimates. For both a white pearl custom paint:
1-Maaco (Springfield) -$3800 they need 7-10 business days

2-Fast Eddies(Manassas) - $4500 he needs 3-4weeks

White pearl is a maybe, I am also considering championship white which I asked and it’s about $400-$500 less of each quote.

Looking to get probably 1-2 more estimates. Still looking for recommendations.

Thanks
Nooooooo, not Maaco! They are the dollar store of paint shops. My parents took a car there in the late 70s and were very disappointed. They though it was just them who got a bad paint job til they found other people with the same problems. It doesn't look like they changed a bit given al the bad reviews online.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by WarrenW
Nooooooo, not Maaco! They are the dollar store of paint shops. My parents took a car there in the late 70s and were very disappointed. They though it was just them who got a bad paint job til they found other people with the same problems. It doesn't look like they changed a bit given al the bad reviews online.
haha yea I read reviews on maaco. I went there just to inquire and get a ballpark number for the job. And it was a great day yesterday, I was driving around and just decided to stop by.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Looking for NoVa Paint Shop