Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Ride Request

Old 01-17-2011, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride Request

My name is Milan, and I'm not new to the area, but I am new to the S2000 community. I recently purchased my 2001 BB S2000 and I'm looking to up the power.

I keep waffling between supercharging or turbo charging the car, and I think what will really help me decide is riding in each and really feeling the difference in an S2K.

I'm located in the DC metro area and would really appreciate if someone with either a turbocharged or supercharged S2K would take me for a ride. I know its winter and a lot of folks have their cars tucked away, but if not I'd love a ride. I'm willing to trade beer and/or food for a ride

And because I like to whore my car out...heres a gratuitous picture:

Old 01-17-2011, 02:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I too feel this way about forced induction took a quick ride in my buddies Turbo and wanted MOAR!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in Winchester. You're more than welcome to make the trek out sometime and go for a ride.

I have PTuning's turbo kit. FYI, PTuning is located in Manassas and has provided me with top notch service.

The real question is - what do you plan on doing with the car and what are your power goals?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by metros,Jan 17 2011, 04:56 PM
I live in Winchester. You're more than welcome to make the trek out sometime and go for a ride.

I have PTuning's turbo kit. FYI, PTuning is located in Manassas and has provided me with top notch service.

The real question is - what do you plan on doing with the car and what are your power goals?
Hey! I talked to you before on here a while ago. I'll def take you up on this offer! Never been in a turbo S2k and would love a ride in yours and we live 3 miles from each other lol I'm boosting mine. Bought a complete kit 2 weeks ago and now just gotta do all things that have to be done before boost....clutch, fuel pump..etc.

PM me
Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 PM

I'd like to think that I'll take the car to the track all the time and do a bunch of HPDEs which would make me lean more on the SC side for reliability and the more linear power band. However reality tells me that throwing in super low bucket seats and taking out interior pieces to fit a roll bar that sits just right to fit my 6'3 frame without the danger of dying in a rollover is not something that I'm ready to do just yet. So passing tech at the few local tracks would be tough.

Mostly I plan on using the car to dick around on the street. When I do eventually throw a roll bar in I'd never do anything more than HPDEs. As far as power goals, I honestly don't really have any. I don't want to build the motor so whatever hp the stock motor can handle reliably is my limit. What I'm concerned with the most is driveability, feel, and power delivery.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by milant,Jan 17 2011, 09:11 PM
I'd like to think that I'll take the car to the track all the time and do a bunch of HPDEs which would make me lean more on the SC side for reliability and the more linear power band. However reality tells me that throwing in super low bucket seats and taking out interior pieces to fit a roll bar that sits just right to fit my 6'3 frame without the danger of dying in a rollover is not something that I'm ready to do just yet. So passing tech at the few local tracks would be tough.

Mostly I plan on using the car to dick around on the street. When I do eventually throw a roll bar in I'd never do anything more than HPDEs. As far as power goals, I honestly don't really have any. I don't want to build the motor so whatever hp the stock motor can handle reliably is my limit. What I'm concerned with the most is driveability, feel, and power delivery.
I would say go with a super charger to get more power in the mid range and from what I've seen it's alot more reliable on the s

Downside is most superchargers are $$$
Old 01-18-2011, 04:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a ride from a turbo/sc and continue your research for a few months. A turbo can have a linear power band and be just as reliable. It really comes down to your budget and power goals.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:58 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I had a Competech Super Charger in my AP1 (sold in 2006 )

It saw lots of track days and was dead on reliable, even on super hot days the car never overheated. The only issue I had was the OEM clutch which was done about 10 minutes after I installed the supercharger kit.

No tuning, the kit was stock out the box, 295 at the rear wheels.

The Turbos I have seen tend to run real hot when pushed hard on the track.

The power added about 10 MPH to most of the straights at SP main.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:48 PM

Thats an awesome photo ^^.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you although I have pushed back getting anything until I decide what I want to do career wise. I was looking alot at the SOS kits, they are amazing and offer alot of upgrades. I say check em out.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/eng...perchargers.asp