Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

S2K SWAP SHOP?

Old 08-24-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2K SWAP SHOP?

ok im located in glen burnie, maryland and i've decided to do a ls1 or ls2 swap. my question is do any of you guys know of a shop some where in maryland that could pull this off?? and i prefer a good shop not no back yard special. i've already shot ATLANTIC MOTORSPORTS a email and waiting on reply. i could do the swap myself but it would take hellish time, which i dont have and if something goes wrong its on me. i rather just spend the money and get a shop that knows what there doing and will stand behind their work to do it for me. so if you guys could help me out that would be awesome. thanks alot
Old 08-25-2009, 06:16 AM

There's a shop in bmore city off of 95
I forget what exit but they do 2jz swaps for s2000s I would try them I'm sure if u ask aroun u could get the exact location if u asked a friend. I think it might be Atlantic motorsports I forgetthe name I stopped by the one day and they were doing a 2jz to a 240sx.
If u don't mind me asking why did u pick a ls1 or ls2 to swap it in you could save a lot more money and make a lot more power with a 2jz swap since it's getting more and more common. I think labor parts and tune runs you about 14g but that was a couple of years ago but I'm sure it's still the same if not cheaper
Old 08-25-2009, 09:02 AM

There should be a bunch in MD i would ask someone at speed unlimited right by andrews Air force base. I am almost positvie there are more than a couple in baltimore county that are privately owned places that do it.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 AM

I thought you were selling the S dude what happened?
Old 08-25-2009, 03:21 PM

out of curiousity, how much does a 2jz swap run? I personally would go for the 2jz, but I guess an ls1 swap would need minimal tuning
Old 08-25-2009, 05:57 PM

For the money you are going to pay a shop to install an LS1/2 in your car you might as well just sell the S and take the money you WERE going to spend on the swap and buy a z06. Why rip apart an s2000 only to bastardize it in a manner such as that. It has a great power plant to begin with for the car of its size. Taking away the F22 (C21 If Applicable) really just ruins the s2000 name. Might as well call is a slovette.

Just my $.02

Good luck on your endeavors.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:19 PM

just a thought........ did i ask about what you guys think about what im doing to my car. no i asked about shops. you saying "awwww your stupid for doing this its a honda it should have a honda motor, your wasting your money" well all i gotta say is YOU got yours and I got mine so your posts are fu*k*ing usless to me STFU.........i was selling it but im getting a s2000 sub frame that has already been mocked up for a LS motor. and yea sure i could get more power from a 2jz for less money but you say the reason im not going with it. you said they are becoming more common. im not looking for that. and the ls1/2 will drop straight in its the trans tunnel that needs to be banged alil and the rear end needs to be swaped with either a 8.8 cobra rear or a nissan r230 rear. and the wiring harness needs to be rewired. but yea back to the ls vs 2jz. they both can handle the same power(give or take alil) the ls weight is only 60-100lbs heavier than the f20c(both long blocks) and with the extra 150hp and 150tq you aint gonna feel that one bit. also twin to single turbo conversion on the 2jz cost 5-7k that alot of money. the 2jz stock is rated at 320hp and the ls2 is rated at 400hp and 400tq. so in MY OPINION im going with the ls1/2 but to those that have ANSWERED my question thanks alot and i will hopefully be posting the pics of the project. and btw im not starting a internet girl fight im just saying dont post if you dont have usefull info on the question at hand. JUST MY 0.02
Old 08-25-2009, 07:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There's 1 post criticizing you for it? I think you need to take a chill pill chief.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:35 PM

i just cant stand when people post off the wall shiat when it has nothing to do with the question at hand. i mean i asked about shops that would do it/or help in certain parts of the build. not once did i ask which swap people prefer, which is better in your opinion or how you would spend your money. i could care less. thats all its useless info to me. to each his own........ btu back on topic i talked to atlantic motorsports and we are in the process of working something out. the shops i know of that could do such a swap are ATLANTIC MOTORSPORTS/ J E IMPORT PERFORMANCE/ IMPORT SPORTS. thats all i can think of. if anyone else has a couple of shops in mind let me know.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:26 PM

I was just trying to help you out and I could care less what u did to ur s I did try to mention a shop but no need to go off on everyone for tryin to help and putting In their input. I was just asking hy u were choosing this route maybe it wasn't towards me but be nice lol just one of the few lessons learned While In preschool

Quick Reply: S2K SWAP SHOP?