Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "The United S2000 Meet"

:: 364 Online Users : No New PM's : Chatrooms are Empty ::

forums

Today's Active
Get New Posts
Forum Stats
Forum FAQ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Private Msgs
Photo Album

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit Profile
Edit Options
Edit Buddy List
Edit Ignore List
Edit Password

Register
Become A Member
User List
Login
Logout

Site Sponsors
Contact Us
Regulations
Privacy Policy

[X]
Home :: Forums :: Communities :: US Regional Communities :: Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners ::
Midwest Megameet 2004
Last Topic Next Topic

10-26-03 10:12PM

Saab9-3
Owner / Community Organizer

MY02 Suzuka Blue Metallic/ Blue
S2KI User #: 8,621
S2KI Age: 1 yr 227 days
PPD Average: 1.61
Location: cincinnati, lecanto, douglas US We have been discussing a huge meet over in the Upper Midwest Forum. Judging by the response, I think we could have a winner here. I think it could be big enough to be of interest to you guys/gals. Check it out and throw in your $.02.
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showt...25&pagenumber=1

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
Last edited by Saab9-3 on 10-26-03 at 10:42PM

10-27-03 01:14AM

tenblade2001
Owner / Gold Member

MY01 Silverstone Metallic/ Red
S2KI User #: 11,105
S2KI Age: 1 yr 126 days
PPD Average: 8.18
Location: Norfolk "BFE" VA US Thats a long haul for us. Anywhere like a midway point?
Also would have to be a spring event since its already snowing there or will be soon?

10-27-03 02:01PM

Poindexter
Enthusiast / Member

S2KI User #: 30,231
S2KI Age: 26 days
PPD Average: 12.98
Location: Virginia Beach VA US I've got to second tenblade - that is quite the haul. Nice idea though - I love Chicago!

10-28-03 11:07AM

MsPerky

MY00 Silverstone Metallic/ Red
S2KI User #: 16,649
S2KI Age: 363 days
PPD Average: 4.25
Location: Arlington VA US Well, we can't be too greedy, guys, since we just got back from the truly AWESOME Fall Colors!

"Happiness is the journey, not the destination..."

2000 Silverstone/Partial Red
Fake MOMOs

10-28-03 12:37PM

tenblade2001
Owner / Gold Member

MY01 Silverstone Metallic/ Red
S2KI User #: 11,105
S2KI Age: 1 yr 126 days
PPD Average: 8.18
Location: Norfolk "BFE" VA US that's right turkey pits! But the midwest guys need to see you in the driving tights!!!!

10-28-03 01:17PM

MsPerky

MY00 Silverstone Metallic/ Red
S2KI User #: 16,649
S2KI Age: 363 days
PPD Average: 4.25
quote:
Originally posted by tenblade2001
that's right turkey pits! But the midwest guys need to see you in the driving tights!!!!

Well, Prancer, those were just for you...a one-time deal. Had to run lean and mean, especially in my "touring" group. I don't think I saw a single leaf since we blew 'em all off the trees! WOOHOO!!

11-08-03 08:48PM

Redline9000
Owner / Member

MY00 Silverstone Metallic/ Black
S2KI User #: 26,976
S2KI Age: 111 days
PPD Average: 0.38
Location: Baltimore Maryland US In oct.I posted a concept which I like to call "The United S2000 Meet" First off we would have to drive to a road course in the central U.S. Once we got there Honda S2000 owner/operators would compete together in one hour qualifing trials mixed with stock and modified S2000's. After one/two days of qualifing dependent upon the number of people intrested,only the best times would move to two final races. One would be for stock S2000's,the other for modified S2000's. We would ask after market vendors to attend at a cost to help offset the course rental. If the number of people were high enough perhaps "HONDA" would get involved themselfs. Another cost cutting plus. As for a place to stay,perhaps the track owners would let S2000's owners camp right at the track.Those who could not bring their own camping gear due to lack of space in their S2000 could ,maybe rent it from a vendor that we would provide at a low cost. Others not intrested in camping would have to find hotels elsewhere in the area and perhaps S2Ki could get a special rate for them. If were really lucky maybe we could get a live band or two to attend the two/three day event. As I've stated in previous threads/postings of "The United S2000 Meet",I would be willing to pay as much as one thousand dollars myself just for a chance to qualify for the final event. Now lets see,if we get 2500 people who want to try there luck on the track. Lets see I believe thats one quarter of a million dollars. I think thats enough to spark some intrest to a road course owner for three days. Now lets see 2500 cars divided into 24 hours of daylight qualifing,oops that is 104 cars per hour. Ok, lets cut the qualifing time in half to one half an hour. Now that seems possible. 52 S2000's per half hour qualifing. That still gives 10-15 mins in between qualifing rounds. Daylight hours avg.appox.14 hours in the summer. Avg. track capacity is say 50-60 cars! Now that leaves appox.2400 unhappy nonqualifers. If time permits,perhaps we could take 60 of those people with the next best qualifing times and give them a last chance race as well,but not to be included in the final races of stock and modified. Theirs would be a seprate one. As for the other 2300 nonqualifiers,they would be included in a drawing for some sort of prize. Perhaps provided by the aftermarket vendors etc... Now that leaves possibly another 3000 plus S2000 owners who only want to come and take part as a spectator of this historical event. I feel that one hundred dollars per car/S2000 that is,should be a fare price to attend only. Now let me see 3000 X 100 ='s 30,000 addtional dollars. The only ugly part is,that there is bound to be some accidents. All qualifers must be made to understand that the track as well as S2KI is not libel for anything that might happen to you or your car on track property as well as during racing. A wavier to this effect would have to be signed prior to entry. So now we have a potential 5000 S2000 cars with guests amounting to say 10,000 people. This is not to mention that others in th region would be allow to attend. How much money would that many people spend in three days outside the costs of admission. I think something in the neighborhood of 50 dollars per day per person. For three days that ='s 1.5 million dollars plus the 250,000 dollars for qualifiers plus 30,000 plus for basic admission. Were talking TWO MILLION DOLLARS not counting for those who rent camping gear and stay at local hotels. Huge,yes! Possible? Yes! Big money/BIGGER fun. You better believe it. Post comments suggestions PLEASE! I want this to happen! Can't you tell? Don't you want to be a part of something as big as this can be? Contact everyone you know and tell them its on,its going to happen!

Print | Email | Add to My S2000

Quick Reply:

Please note that this is only a fast text reply.

For replies including images, fonts, colours, smileys etc plz use the "post reply" button above.

Last Topic Next Topic