Middle East S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from the Middle East and Gulf. Covers: UAE, Saudi, Quatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bharain.

AEM V2 or HKS?

Old 06-29-2006, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM V2 or HKS?

I am running AEMV2 right now, not convinced technically with it. Havent tested anything else properly as well. Saw other brands and there approach, the only other two that makes sense to me is J's or HKS. I know most of you have seen J's, what do you think of this?

Old 07-07-2006, 10:29 AM

i think it's not a CAI like the aem v2 or j's
Old 07-07-2006, 11:24 AM
N

Well, I can't comment on either AEM or HKS intakes.. But I have J's on my car and here's what I think of it.

Pros:
-CF construction
-Trunk / snorkel design (less restrictive than spoon's snorkel
-Chamber design (noticeable improvement in throttle response)
-Reduced chance of hydrolocking (drove through deep puddles with no problems)

Cons:
-Pricey (I got mine used)
-CF doesn't produce metallic roar associated with other CAI's (not really a negative point to me but others were dissapointed with sound)
-Lengthy installation, hood requires cutting.
-Most Importantly -and this applies if you live in the middle east- filter is high maintenance. the design of trunk rams all road debris and dust directly to the filter element. and when that happens, performance will drop very noticeably. I clean my filter (1-2 months) and I'm amazed at how much stuff clinging to the outer surface of the filter. Last time I cleaned mine, the car's performance increased dramatically because I was driving on a clogged filter. Two days later I drove through a sandstorm for no more than 3 minutes and the filter got clogged again.

I know the last point is not a fault of the intake as much it is the fault of driving such car in extreme summer weather.. but I guess this it what this forum is for

Hope this helps

Old 07-09-2006, 05:42 AM

hmmmm ....

I know j's is good stuff. Ok let me work towards getting J's intake. Need to sell my AEM V2 to start with.

J's here i come!!