S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Middle East S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/middle-east-s2000-owners-169/)
-   -   DBW turbo charging experience (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/middle-east-s2000-owners-169/dbw-turbo-charging-experience-657364/)

MySuzuka 12-19-2008 09:38 AM

DBW turbo charging experience

I wanted to start this topic in order to share my experience with people who are interested in boosing their MY06+ DBW cars

I dropped my car to start the project 30 minutes ago, and since DBW cars are more difficult to FI, I will posting all issues that may come in the coming fews days, just to make it benificial to others

The turbo I am using is greddy, since there are no official turbo kits for the DBW cars yet, I bought a greddy AP2 04-05 kit, and decided to make the neccasary things to modify it to fit in a DBW car

note: the kit comes W/O a BOV so I hade to buy one "GREDDY RS" ($ 200)

Modifications needed for DBW cars:
greddy map sensor ($ 130), greddy sensor harness ($ 20), custom harness for the e-manage ultimate (boomslang $ 230), no need for a fuel pump (unlike non DBW cars but it is good to have it), modifications for the intake sensor (easy to do), RSX injectors and spacers ($ 300)

In general, all hardware is the easiest part of BDW turbo, it is also possible to do a custom set up, but it is little tricky when it comes to ECU's, the only applications that work on our Middle East specs DBW are:

Greddy ultimate:
Needs boomslang harness sold seprately (costs USD 230) as greddy did not yet made a harness for MY06+
This unit handles up to 350whp
Comes with greddy turbo kits and could be sold seperately by USD 680

AEM EMS:
Needs special harness for DBW, the only people who sell the harness are Autowave Inc. Tel: 714-841-2433 they are members in this forum and their name is DYNOMIKE@AUTOWAVE, the system costs s $2195 with the harness
This unit handles unlimited power unlike e-manage ultimate, ther drawback of this system that it will disables the VSA and the Check Engine Light will be always on

I wanted to use the new DBW K-pro, but it was only made for US specs F22C

Q8s2k 12-19-2008 03:17 PM

GoodLuck, keep us updated..

Btw i luv the GTM 4.44 gears :thumbup:

I think they will be perfect for a FI s2k..

MySuzuka 12-19-2008 08:35 PM

Thanks,

Maybe will get a final gear some day .... but first must try the pure FI

Where exactly do you describe the Final Gear Helpul? inside the coners, on the exits, on the high way ....etc

And in order to do drag "msayar" ... what speed is best start with?

suzukablueS2000 12-20-2008 11:46 AM

good luck on the turbo!!

when you finish try your car aganist mine :D

Q8s2k 12-20-2008 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by MySuzuka,Dec 19 2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks,

Maybe will get a final gear some day .... but first must try the pure FI

Where exactly do you describe the Final Gear Helpul? inside the coners, on the exits, on the high way ....etc

And in order to do drag "msayar" ... what speed is best start with?

The 4.44's are Mild compared to the 4.57 or 4.77..

They are a little better then the 4.10's, its noticeable..
It helps on the Highway, I dont need to down-shift if i want to over take some1.

For imsayar i'd say 50km is best speed coz you'll be around 6,000 rpm at Vtec.

ahmad 12-20-2008 09:35 PM

Greddy turbo kit needs tuning after installation, how can you do the tuning in kuwait?

suzukablueS2000 12-21-2008 07:29 AM

bader dashti will do the tuning. :thumbup: may god bless him, mashalla he's amazing.

s57_s2k 12-21-2008 12:01 PM

I think greedy will release a new turbo kit for 2006-2009
but its "coming soon" ...... I have read it in an (advertisement) but I dont remember where .

GOOD LUCK

MySuzuka 12-21-2008 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by s57_s2k,Dec 21 2008, 01:01 PM
I think greedy will release a new turbo kit for 2006-2009
but its "coming soon" ...... I have read it in an (advertisement) but I dont remember where .

GOOD LUCK

Yes they will release one for DBW but it was supposed to be released after SEMA show but it is still not available ... it has been tested succesfully BTW

They also published that they will release another "you tune KIT" with larger turbine .... this winter

MySuzuka 12-21-2008 12:33 PM

Latest updates

The hard ware has been installed succesfully :)

The bad news, the harness that came with kit is completely different, it has 3 points while my factory ecu has four points, the forth is related to the VSA and DBW stupid innovations

Now I have two options:
1. Find a harness such as "boomslang fabrication" that should be plug n' play and that's it ....

2. Modify the factory ecu wiring to work with the e-manage harness "this is the non - preferred solution" .....

Yousef S2K .... do you still know who make these harnesses I remeber we were discussing this issue before