Middle East S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from the Middle East and Gulf. Covers: UAE, Saudi, Quatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bharain.

Question about UAE

Old 01-13-2009, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about UAE

Hi guys,

I've always admired the georgeous photos I see of Dubai and other areas of the UAE. My question is how is the sentiment towards westerners? Namely Americans, I would love to visit the country sometime but am unsure of how safe it would be for someone like myself. I know that It is much safer than other countries like Iran and Iraq but was curious. I read and article in 0-60 mag a few months back and have been even more intrigued than before. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 AM

hey... well there are loads of westerners here, and the sentiments towards them would be the same towards any1 else... dont worry mate, just come down and im sure you would enjoy your stay here.

the only thing you need to be weary of is to make sure you respect the cultural values of the country and the religion it follows... which in all honesty is fair, as you get everything here... parties, bars, concerts etc., and i guess this would be the least you cud offer in return.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:01 PM

Oh I agree 100% I guess I would just have to educate myself on what to and not to do while there.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 PM

+1 one what has been said above!

Come down and give us a shout!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:13 PM

i think u need to stop believing everything you hear on TV or in papers. In North America, there are a lot of lies in the media. U never have the true story Im from Toronto, Canada, lived all my life there, I know! I went to Tehran for a week 3 months back and trust me when I say this, it is not what it is made out to be. Ya sure, everything is under the table there but the stereotype of Iran is not True. For Iraq I don
Old 01-14-2009, 03:22 AM

[quote name='m3habib' date='Jan 14 2009, 02:13 AM'] i think u need to stop believing everything you hear on TV or in papers. In North America, there are a lot of lies in the media. U never have the true story Im from Toronto, Canada, lived all my life there, I know! I went to Tehran for a week 3 months back and trust me when I say this, it is not what it is made out to be. Ya sure, everything is under the table there but the stereotype of Iran is not True. For Iraq I don
Old 01-14-2009, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by SortaRican' date='Jan 14 2009, 04:22 AM
I agree the media is very one sided and filled with western propaganda. But nonetheless I owe it to myself to do my due diligence before taking such a trip.
well u got nothing to worry about when it comes to UAE. the only difference between Toronto and Dubai is the weather (cant say much about the US cuz iv only been to NYC)

shopping, cars, bars, girls (not as easy but still nice lol) clubs... its chills here
Old 01-14-2009, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by m3habib' date='Jan 14 2009, 04:27 AM
well u got nothing to worry about when it comes to UAE. the only difference between Toronto and Dubai is the weather (cant say much about the US cuz iv only been to NYC)

shopping, cars, bars, girls (not as easy but still nice lol) clubs... its chills here
lol... yea girls r there, but not as easy... the fact that we have one of the worst girl boy ratio here... that sometimes gets to their head, if you know what i mean
Old 01-14-2009, 07:29 PM

AMERICAN!!! U RUINE OUR CLEAN DESERTS WITH YOUR AMERICAN PISS VALUES AND CONSTIPATED CRAP!!!

chill homie ull be all rite here tough recession has hit full on.. hence job hunt will be difficult.

PS educate yourself. Terrorism is an illusion who gulliable people fall for. No religion promotes it, and if we call supressed people terrorist then we end up calling braveheart's Mel Gibson a terrorist !