S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Money and Investing (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/money-investing-179/)
-   -   Mom's retirement/housing situation; suggestions? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/money-investing-179/moms-retirement-housing-situation%3B-suggestions-491985/)

Money2536 06-04-2007 06:39 PM

Wow...I guess I expected a personal pissing match and no real evidence to back up your investing discipline. Why don't you have a CFP? We could probably battle from now until forever. I think I'm right. You seem to think your right although you haven't really been addressing the issue at hand. You're just attacking me.

Let's just leave it at this. You probably make more money than me, and I'm probably much smarter than you. I guess we both win in the end.

Money2536 06-04-2007 06:42 PM

From my page.

Professional Profile
"As a Financial Advisor, I help clients develop strategies to manage both their personal and business financial needs and goals. After joining Merrill Lynch I became a Certified Financial Manager.

Having a background in engineering, I apply a systematic approach to a client's financial needs. This approach includes helping to establish your objectives by defining goals and identifying future opportunities. Second, we would analyze your current situation to develop a strategy to meet your long-term objectives. The next step involves deploying the strategy by using the broad range of products and services available through Merrill Lynch. Finally, a diligent review process will be used to ensure proper monitoring and execution of the strategy.

I am originally from the Philadelphia area and am a graduate of Villanova University with a degree in Electrical Engineering. My wife Michele and I currently reside in the Clermont area. "

I didn't think anyone has ever seen that thing before. I wrote this about two months into the business. I guess I should update it.

c2etalon 06-04-2007 06:42 PM

You are actually right there, I do make more money than you. I can guarantee that.

Money2536 06-04-2007 06:52 PM

Dang, those EIA's and UL's, must pay a lot? Maybe I should start jamming people. Crap, can't use EIA's because they are generally not suitable and Merrill won't allow them. I guess I have to slam the trunk in UL's only since that's the only thing that will work. I might as well cancel that dumb Series 7 since I won't need it any longer. You can't beat the market, so fixed rate it is! I stand corrected. You are the king. I lose.

Matt

c2etalon 06-04-2007 06:54 PM

There you go, I knew you would come around. Our firm is hiring. I'll send you an application. Being stupid is requirement, so I dont know if I can get you hired. Your too smart.

Money2536 06-04-2007 06:56 PM

I did have some fun in this battle. I was angrily replying until the last comment. Funny. I was hoping for an acutal debate, but it went personal and ugly. Oh well.

Money2536 06-04-2007 06:58 PM

If you need an advisor in a couple of years when you retire, give me a call. I'll have my practice running like yours by then. The right way, since my way is wrong. Young punks, think they know everything.

Money2536 06-04-2007 06:59 PM

I didn't say you were stupid. I'm just really, really smart.

Money2536 06-04-2007 07:02 PM

I have to go to sleep now. An hour past my bedtime. You darn independents with all of that downside protection don't need to go to office unless you feel like it. I have to be there early.

c2etalon 06-04-2007 08:01 PM

Haha...yeah man I hear ya. I'm sure you do what you do well, and there are people out there that like what you do. Im not saying what you do is wrong. Our firm works with mostly retired people. So my job, basiclly is pulling money from guys like you all day long every day.

You are a smart guy and good luck with everything in the future. Nobody is wrong, we just have different views on things. Take care, and sorry about some of the posts that seemed immature.

Take care and talk to you soon.

Aaron