New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Build Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 04:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Build Thread

Some of you know that I'm in the process of completing a pretty serious build, with the first Lime Rock days coming up in less then 2 months and my build almost done I'm getting really excited. I've owned my S2k since March of '08, and since Sept '08 it's been turbo'd. My goal was to make it a track/street car that could outperform GT3's on the track. Shortly after the build was done my wife and I bought a house, then had a kid, then I had some job changes and just didn't have time for much tracking, nor the funds. Last year I started doing more track days and the S2000 failed horribly with the turbo. I decided it was time to either sell the car or keep it and build it BIG, since I really do love it, I decided for the later. So here is what the final result will look like, I think I've listed everything but I'm sure things have been missed. With the car almost done, I want to pay a HUGE thanks to minitoyota, Jeff Evans, WASP, URGE, S2KI R&C, Robrbob, Ckit, and so many others!

Also, I couldn't decide where to post this, as I'm kinda split between NYMetro, Upstate, and New England, but you guys rock so I choose you guys . Also, frankly I feel like there is an older crowd here that will appreciate the build for what it is, and I wouldn't come off too much as a young kid showing off.
  • Downforce fenders 30mm
  • Forbidden CF hardtop and side skirts
  • Wasp canards
  • Apr gt mirrors
  • Ap2 bumper
  • APR GT250 wing
  • Wasp splitter
  • Wasp brake ducts
  • Urge Essex AP Racing BBK
  • Ohlins DFV 700/500
  • Ploymere bushing complete car
  • Hasport diff and motor mounts
  • Buddy club roll center camber adjuster
  • Rear tie rods megan
  • Driveshaft spacers
  • 30mm solid white line sway bar
  • 949 wheels 17x10 and 17x9
  • NT01 17x275 and 17x255
  • Setrab oil cooler
  • Dual core radiator
  • Custom radiator fans
  • SOS upgraded race heat exchanger
  • Canton baffled pan
  • Canton accusump
  • Custom Evans fuel surge pump and upgrade fuel pump
  • Custom Evans expansion tank/overflow
  • SOS stage 2 supercharger larger Paxton blower
  • Asura exhaust
  • ID1000 injectors
  • E85 flex fuel setup
  • Haltech standalone EMS
  • Aim MXl2
  • dashDj Quobe white led dash
  • Pioneer PRS880 h.u.
  • Active customer cross over and speakers
  • Alpine pdx amp
  • Recaro Pole position and profi XL
  • Harddog roll bar
  • Personal rasta wheel
  • Schroth harnesses

I do have some plans for 2015 to compete in TT2, but this year will be about further developing track skills and making sure the car is stable.

Here are some shots of the current build:
Old 02-07-2014, 07:44 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like this will be pretty impressive. I am also building a SSM AP1 Track car. Best of luck and I am sure I will see you out there this season at somepoint
Old 02-07-2014, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the car is ready and you want to improve your driving skills, checkout COM Sports Car Club. We do a school on Sat (3.5-4hrs on track) and run timetrials on Sun. We go to NHMS in NH 3-4 times, New Thompson raceway in Ct twice and Watkins Glen, NY. We have also used 3 tracks in Canada, Summit point, Lime Rock, the track in NJ (forget name). Great fun We don't allow passing in the corners, so NO car to car contact. You will see some REALLY neat cars because it's so safe. GREAT looking car!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:01 AM

Awesome, I will check it out!

I typically run with SCDA and NASA. Also running with NNNJ PDA at the Glen in Aug.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
Looks like this will be pretty impressive. I am also building a SSM AP1 Track car. Best of luck and I am sure I will see you out there this season at somepoint
missed this one, awesome looking forward to it!!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:41 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Ahhhhh! A garage and a lift to work with. And it looks like you even have heat! So jealous!

But Congratulations for when you cross the finish line on your build.

Aashish & I are doing Lime Rock with NASA on March 29th, but were're running basically stock. I think Greg Goss might be doing Lime Rock the week prior with SCDA. If not, I think we might see him with NASA. I'm sure all three of us are planning to be at the Glen on the Monday and Tuesday following the 4th of July weekend. Mark L. is always chomping at the bit for the Glen, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him there as well.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:55 AM

Awesome, can't wait! I'm targeting either the first scda or nasa march days at LRP, car should be done just in time. Worst case scenario is won't have dash and data acquisition which may suck as I'd like to feel good about temps and pressure . I know I have 1 Glenn trip planned this yr but in August with pca, bringing the whole family and renting a house the week before, great way to celebration for the end of my work fiscal year!

Since LRP is so close I will mostly run there this yr, this makes life easier with the wife not having to do overnights. Can leave early AM and make it back for dinner.

Would love to check our Thompson and maybe even summit point this year, perhaps do an NJMP trip. Once August comes I'm pretty free but of course for some reason there are never a lot of track days in August!

Anyhow really glad we have some s2k's in this region that is flooded with Porsches and BMW's yes I know I'm guilty of the later but if rather drive my Honda !
Old 02-08-2014, 04:59 AM

I wish I have the experience/know how to do all this work! Minitoyota and jeff Evans are building the car in PA.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:12 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice pictures. I don't see a roll bar or cage? You list a Hard Dog bar, so maybe you have not installed it yet? If you are serious about wheel to wheel racing you should consider a full cage and fire system. You have a little one that needs you. I have been racing for 15+ years and have seen a number of crunched cars and have been in one.

Can't tell for sure, but it does not look like the front upper control arm mounts have been reinforced. Good idea to reinforce these since they tend to pull away from the body.

I am in Waterbury, so if you ever want to see how my SCCA car is prepared let me know.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:49 PM

Awesome thank you ! Yea bar was removed to install seats and also needed to weld Harnes bar. I've had the bar for yrs but with stock belts and seats. So this yr just DE, next TT, and possibly following yr w2w. I'm considering a full cage/slicks together as it will mean permenatly towing. That said I'd actually really live to see your car. I am going to mount a kill switch now since it's an easy time to do it as we are doing some rewiring.

Quick Reply: Build Thread