New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Fleabay Feedback

Old 02-12-2008, 12:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fleabay Feedback

Ok, here goes for those not in the know Fleabay aka Ebay has instituted a new policy on feedback starting Feb 20th they will no longer allow sellers to leave neg or neutral feedback for buyers I for one am tickled pink, it is so insulting to pay for your item and ask a seller to leave you positive feedback for doing so only to get the sellers response as "as soon as you leave us ours we will leave you yours" To me thats a fleabay seller protecting their feedback. As far as im concerned as a buyer the minute i paid the seller i deserve proper positive feedback for my payment. I could not be happier that this will all end on Feb 20th I have refrained from purchases there just because im sick and tired of the from seller feedback protectors. You know the ones they will leave you what ever you leave them for feedback and never leave it for you first even though you completed your part by paying for what you bought aka feedback protecting. Than lo and behold if you got something bad and you leave the a well deserved neg they will just post the same for you even though you paid!!!!!!!! What do you all think lets hear you thoughts on this.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-12-2008, 12:36 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

My son just got ripped off on e-bay buying a poorly designed Dell computer. The seller loaded it with Vista, but the unit only has 800 megs of ram, so Vista doesn't work very well on it.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Feb 12 2008, 04:36 PM
My son just got ripped off on e-bay buying a poorly designed Dell computer. The seller loaded it with Vista, but the unit only has 800 megs of ram, so Vista doesn't work very well on it.
and ill be willing to bet this seller wants his positive feeback right?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Feb 12 2008, 04:36 PM
The specs of the computer were not part of the auction?

Vista will run fine on 800 megs as long as you turn off all the pretty colorful stuff. In fact, in about 5 minutes you can turn Vista into XP.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:12 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by daktruckie99,Feb 12 2008, 05:07 PM
The specs of the computer were not part of the auction?

Vista will run fine on 800 megs as long as you turn off all the pretty colorful stuff. In fact, in about 5 minutes you can turn Vista into XP.
He is going to check with Dell as the machine supposedly came witha warranty, but we do not know if the machine came with Vista or not. People have told him to upgrade to two gigs of ram.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:04 PM

Received 3,554 Likes on 2,401 Posts

I'm delighted to see that change.
i ordered a cheap $11 bike part, payed immediately.
a few days later i get mail from ebay requesting mutual cancellation of sale becuase I requested refund. The guy doesn't have it in stock and doesn't want to pay the auction fee to ebay.
I said screw that. he messed me up becuase I was waiting for the part.
after I gave him a negative. he gives me the negative.
I took it to ebay and advised them that their seller was defrauding them and included email trail from seller explaining why he wanted to cancel.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:10 PM

Exactly what im talking about, i recently got banned from a seller from their auctions after i bought an $800 item from them and asking for feedback for my purchase and instant payment they demanded i leave mine first!!! After I said to that they banned me from ever buying from them again. Thats the ebay way ban your paying customers after they support you with their purchase, cant wait till feb 20th to leave these losers a big fat neg! Oh btw pm me if you wanna know who the seller is id be happy to share the info.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a certified Power Seller on eba because of all the busienss I have done selling the V1 displays. The problem comes when buyers quit leaving feedback for a positive experience as well. When people are pissed, they will certainly leave a nasty note, but if they are satisfied, some will never mention it. It can make it tough for someone trying to build their rep as a good seller.

So, while the problems listed above are very real and valid, there are two sides to the coin. Personally, I rarely use auction style formats and always use a buy it now with immediate payment required. That way if they don't have the cash via paypal, the auction cannot be closed.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:25 PM

The only side to my coin is my feedback for my purchase and payment I have at least 400 purchases on fleabay with no feedback from them, glad the game is over. Feb 20th cannot come fast enough. And Yes I know what sellers go thru I also used to be a power seller on ebay. Got out of that though tired of the games.