New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

MA Emissions and Hondata

Old 10-01-2017, 09:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MA Emissions and Hondata

Hey guys, I finally got my s2000 Hondata tuned this past summer. This is the first time I have had any of my vehicles tuned.

My question for all of you who are tuned, do I need to return my s2000 back to the stock mapping before going in for my inspection sticker? I'm due to go in for Oct.

The only changes to the vehicle are header, high-flow cat, exhaust and hondata tune. No cels. Car has been driven often since the tune so I shouldn't have any issues with readiness codes.

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Curious myself as well. I live in Chicago and all readiness monitors show ready except for the catalyst. I've read you have to flash back to stock and decouple the flashpro from the car to get this to be "ready" but have not confirmed.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:16 PM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Hondata or Honda FlashPro?

Only testing here in Ohio connects the car to the computer via the OBD2 port and my FlashPro tuned car with FIPK intake, Berk high flow cat, and Tanabe Medalion Exhaust shows PASS for all tests.

-- Chuck
Old 10-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Community Organizer

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

back when i had hondata for my 2011 civic si i went and got my sticker no problem the first year... however the second year i went and the guy said everything passed and he put pass in the system and it came up as FLAGGED and had to go to a M.A.C to get it inspected. ( car was all stock at this point ) So went and he said you know why your here? i said no i have no idea the inspection guy said it wouldnt tell him why and he told me when i got my inspection sticker last year it didnt provide a VIN number looking as if the inspector hacked with the system and it flagged my car.. when i knew it was because of hondata. so you may pass the first year but next time will more than likely have same problem with visiting the M.A.C and they thoroughly go through the car lol. For my buddies 2012 si we just unlock hondata from the car before he goes for his sticker and havent had a problem. hope that helps
Old 10-01-2017, 07:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwayne_Fa5ias2k
back when i had hondata for my 2011 civic si i went and got my sticker no problem the first year... however the second year i went and the guy said everything passed and he put pass in the system and it came up as FLAGGED and had to go to a M.A.C to get it inspected. ( car was all stock at this point ) So went and he said you know why your here? i said no i have no idea the inspection guy said it wouldnt tell him why and he told me when i got my inspection sticker last year it didnt provide a VIN number looking as if the inspector hacked with the system and it flagged my car.. when i knew it was because of hondata. so you may pass the first year but next time will more than likely have same problem with visiting the M.A.C and they thoroughly go through the car lol. For my buddies 2012 si we just unlock hondata from the car before he goes for his sticker and havent had a problem. hope that helps
Also consider that the entire MA inspection process has completely changed as of today (Oct 1).

​​Good luck OP!
Old 10-02-2017, 07:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ruh roh....hmm....I guess I will run stock mapping. Other than that, exhaust, header and high-flow cat may not pass visual if they go that far. *crossesfingers*
Old 10-03-2017, 06:39 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Are aftermarket exhausts a visual fail?? That's some real BS. I passed emissions in Ontario with a suprecharger and flashpro. Not MA but to my knowledge the OBD2 system is identical. No tailpipe test, just 4 readiness codes on the OBD2. As long as 3/4 were ready, they passed you. I think I had my secondary o2 turned off but that's it.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you do not need to set back to stock calibration. I left mines on my gernby tune for three years now and passed every time. I know si's at my buddy's shop gets flagged but for the s2000 it never gave any problems. You should be fine
Old 10-03-2017, 12:06 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Wow. I did not know about that rule change. Anyone remember the book 1984?
Old 10-04-2017, 02:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For my 02 AP1 the emissions test no longer applies here in MA. Meaning none of the readiness status matters anymore.

When I had a kpro in my EP3, I remember having the option of entering whatever vin number I wanted into it.

Quick Reply: MA Emissions and Hondata