New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Still here?

Old 06-18-2016, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's the OGs at?

So I poke my head in here every year or two to see who is still around. I've recently started thinking about getting another s2k, and just got an unrelated PM from someone that just picked one up. So... two questions:

1 - Who is still here?

2 - Any suggestions on places to find a s2k?

Cheers!

Arianna

EDIT - Also, holy crap I've got a lot more stars than I expected!

Last edited by jmrobins; 07-18-2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Thread title change
Old 06-18-2016, 10:25 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Justin, long time no see.
There are still a few "old timers" around, though many have moved on.
Others like you have sold only to come back again like you're thinking of doing.
As for available cars you'll be hard pressed to find a better one than this:
https://www.s2ki.com/...mi-clean-24800/

I'm enjoying my 15th season with mine!
Levi
Old 06-18-2016, 11:38 AM

Hi Levi! Definitely long time no "see"!

That's a great looking car... but sadly the color just won't do. Yellow > Blue > All others for me I'm afraid!

So many times I've wished I had kept one of mine. They may not be the most powerful thing out there, but if I recall they are plenty fast and amazing fun to drive.

Arianna
Old 06-18-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

For some reason I was thinking you'd probably want a 3rd yellow one
I wish you the best of luck finding one to your liking.
Levi
Old 09-01-2016, 05:36 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jmrobins
So I poke my head in here every year or two to see who is still around. I've recently started thinking about getting another s2k, and just got an unrelated PM from someone that just picked one up. So... two questions:

1 - Who is still here?

2 - Any suggestions on places to find a s2k?

Cheers!

Arianna (you may remember me as Justin)

EDIT - Also, holy crap I've got a lot more stars than I expected!
Yeah Arianna, I remember Justin. So how's the change working for you? I'm still here, but mostly post in Vintage. You became Arianna, I became old. Everything changes.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:48 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I gave a lot of thought to the original question about where to buy a used S2000. If I were in the market, I would conduct a nationwide search. I would be looking for the most original, low mileage, single owner S I could find. But that is because I like them just the way Honda made them and don't care for mods. I tried a few mods on my car and went back to stock, except for the JDM left side view mirror and the glove box organizer. And the mirror is Honda!
Old 09-02-2016, 05:56 AM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Hello, Justin/Arianna....

I guess you've had a few big changes/mods? I have to admit it's been so many years, I get you and Josh mixed up...Are you the tall thin motorcycle riding S2000 owner, or the one we met for a drink on one of our other trips to VT? I know both of you were responsible for one of our first weekend S2000 trips, we had a blast and you got us "hooked." I think Josh had a blue S2000 the last time we saw him, you still had yellow, so that may answer my question.

Rick and I are still here...pushing retirement age, even. Time has flow by. Our granddaughter is in high school. Our grandson is 10.

We still have the S2000. 90K on the odometer. Rick has taken excellent care of it. We got a new top a few years ago. The S2000 is still our mode of transportation for vacation. We are headed (hopefully) to the Outer Banks in two weeks. Hoping the nasty weather of this weekend will be long gone and no additional tropical storms/hurricanes will mess up our plans.

Good luck on finding a new S2000. I often wonder if we'd be able to find one if something happened to ours.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:27 PM

I just popped in too! Was wondering how the old crew was doing. Good to see you guys still kicking!

No more S2K for me but I do miss it! I took a few years off of the car scene all together once I traded the S for an Odyssey (hey, kids OK?) Two seater just isn't going to work as a second car she says. So, I bought a WRX wagon. Always wanted one. Drooled over Rick and Lainey's red one back in the day. It's really the perfect car for a family guy... AWD, wagon, turbo and easy to tune.

The 05 "blobeye" wagon was always my favorite so I ended up with that. So hard to find one that hadn't been riced out!!!
Old 09-07-2016, 01:48 PM

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Hey Jeff. Good to hear from you.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi all. Nice to see the old names posting up. Still have my 2002 Sebring, although it is a track car now and sees less then 700 miles a year. It's good for keeping the miles down!

Mike

Quick Reply: Still here?