New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

thinking of relocating to New England

Old 03-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default thinking of relocating to New England

I live outside Manhattan in lower fairfield/westchester county area. One of my closest friends just was promoted to a manager and needs to hire a killer team and it would be a walk in for me. Aside for the career aspect of it I'm curious about living in the New England area in general. Our office is in Waltham so I would want to live about an hr or so from there. Would love a charming town with lots of culture. We had been planning on buying in Ridgefield, CT so something similiar to that.....of course I will need to make sure there are some decent tuners in the area to help with my boosted beast .
Old 03-10-2010, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The office would be in Waltham, MA?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waltham is a tough one for a commute. I worked in waltham for 2 years off toten pond road, i was living in boston at the time and the commute still took me 30-40 minutes ( 8 miles)

Living and working in mass got old REAL quick for me as I am more of a country boy. But i can see the area as desirable if its something your into and you like to pay high taxes and have a high cost of living

Good luck, your going to have to become a Sox fan though!

Old 03-10-2010, 06:50 AM

oh boy...we will see. Yea it's Waltham, MA. As far as Tax, can't be much more so then my current taxes
Old 03-10-2010, 06:56 AM

I happen to be a Realtor working in the Waltham area. If you want PM me with the details of the house you're looking for, your budget, and tell me about your lifestyle. I'll help you find a town that's not an hour drive from Waltham.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:30 AM

i don't mind it up here too much i also moved from ny, I live more towards worcester but other then red soxs fans it's pretty much the same imo. and i don't care who you vote for yankees mets or anybody as long as it's not the soxs.... (can you tell the season is just starting)
Old 03-10-2010, 05:32 PM

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,377 Posts

waltham itself isn't terribly exciting.
But there are some nice areas not real far away.
if you've been dealing with NY traffic this won't be much worse although we'll have to give you masshole lessons

culture means a lot of different things to a lot of people.
are you a 20 something 30 something etc?
are you looking more for clubbing or country clubs?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue,Mar 10 2010, 09:32 PM
if you've been dealing with NY traffic this won't be much worse although we'll have to give you masshole lessons
Im glad somebody said it, FTR to the op populated areas of Mass are Hardly considered charming NE
Old 03-12-2010, 04:52 AM

So whats the closest to a Berkshires feel with access to commercial towns with walmarts and such that is within an hr from Waltham?

Is there a location that I can drive to Waltham from that I won't hit a ton of traffic on the route? I don't think I want to be along a T line.

I'll be 30 in Aug and my wife just turned 32. If we make this move she will not look to get another job and we will probably start trying to have kids.

Culturaly growing up outside the melting pot I've had the opportunity to meet folks from all walks of life. To answer bolton blue: I belong to a country club here in Westchester, but also am a former DJ and was big into "clubbing", at the same time I've kind of toured with the Dead (post Jerry), and am obviously a HUGE car guy . It would be nice to be in an area with a lot of professional early 30 somethings both with and without kids. I foresee going out to dinner a lot, maybe trips to tangelwood, ect.

Hopefully you guys can give me some ideas based on this. I'm thinking I want to be due west of Waltham, but am open to other suggestions, perhaps along the shore, near Providence.....

Thanks guys!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whoa, he said Berkshires. Do people really talk about me/us Berkshire County residents like that?

And the Tanglewood reference, man that's right down the street from my house!

Quick Reply: thinking of relocating to New England