New Mexico and West Texas New Mexico and West Texas S2000 Owners.

Why is it...

Old 05-12-2013, 06:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Why is it...

Why is it almost every time I go on a leisurely cruise with the top down, some douchebag needs to drive like a maniac next to me like he's trying to prove something to me? So annoying...it can ruin all the fun of just cruising with the top down.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never gotten that, usually just guys complimenting my car or previous S2000 owners striking up a conversation... Or in one bizarre case this guy showed me a picture of him and his sister when they were kids. Top down is always an open invitation to talk.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because most people in this town need a item to compensate for a "item" that is lacking. this drives them to think they are constantly bring judged and therefore need to "prove" themselves by driving their busted ass cars like crazy and always trying to race because they have yet to, and never will make a greater accomplishment in life other then winning a race. to sum it up, its called the small dick meantality.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Agreed, Doug. It's usually other dudes, and in this case tonight, a dude with some girl in the passenger seat.

But you're also right, Raven. Gotta cherish the times when you do get compliments though because that happens just as much too. At the same time, you're a girl in an S2000, LOL. You're more likely to get compliments.

Just needed to vent...totally ruined how much fun I was having cruising around after a long week and weekend. I tell ya though, there's nothing like having a stressful weekend and winding down with just taking a cruise with the top down in some beautiful weather.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:58 AM

every guy out there in a cheap or fast car always wants to race. i had a 05 tundra and people tried to race me all the time too till i beat them in my STOCK TRUCK. its a shame how many kids think going in a straight line fast is so much fun. i just had to get rid of my truck because i love takeing turns fast sometimes and my truck just couldnt do it oh and gas mileage sucked bad on it
Old 04-13-2015, 05:54 AM

Also you have to remember this is Albuquerque/west Texas lol no one knows how's to be civil drivers lol
Old 04-16-2015, 07:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happens frequently to me.

Midland/Odessa has a lot of young guys earning high oil field wages. This of course means they purchase the obligatory Mustang/Camaro/Challenger.

Most of them feel the need to prove their dominance over my little "Miata".

I regularly have to explain the world "curvy-track" racing and autocross to people.

Street racing on busy roads is also a huge issue here. I was almost clipped by a Mustang that couldn't change lanes fast enough to get around me. The Dodge diesel he was racing wasn't so lucky. He got around me, but over-corrected, lost the rear, and hit another car........

I felt safer commuting in Dallas than driving in Odessa.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:23 AM

Dang man that sucks lol to hear that all people want do is race you lol and drive badly lol but that was super instant karma for the truck lol I have had one liget idiot that tried to race me when I had a limp.(in my car lol) it was an ecilpse and I was trying to get home and he came up next to me and revv'ed I was tempted but that was a bad part of town for cops lol (Rio Bravo between Coors and isleta). And both the ecilpse and another I guess behind him ducked into a Walmart both buzzing down the road... Lol I wish my car was not injured so I could have raced them a little spanked them alittle lol
Old 04-16-2015, 09:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The day after that incident, a guy died after loosing control while racing on our busiest street (at lunchtime).
Old 04-16-2015, 09:28 AM

Ooo :/ now I kinda feel like a jerk dang