New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Should it be fixed

Old 10-21-2015, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should it be fixed

Well sucks to be the posting this. long story short last night about 11pm a guy in his brand new work van decided to t bone my s. never thought this would happen, at lest not this way but it did. It will be few days before the adjuster takes a look but its totaled. needs the right quarter panel replaced also the passenger door. the car took the impact surprising well. I gutted the inside for inspection and put it up in the air. would be very surprised if there's any other consequential damage. wont really know until it goes on a machine.

With that said is having the quarter panel replaced on an s feasible? really have no clue what it would cost to have it done right and do they even make quarter panels for this car? would it be safe if its hit again? or should I move on to another s. maybe get some money parting this out.
cant upload pics right now maybe when I get home but for now lets just say it needs a quarter.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:28 PM

Received 1,249 Likes on 760 Posts

I had mine done back in 2004, it was 3k or so.

Big job, drilling and cutting required, along with complete interior removal.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:50 PM

thanks bill I already have most of the interior out. It really is a big job. if I can get it done anywhere close to 3k ill have it fixed. Do you think they still make that panel idk if I want one that was cut off another car. where did you get it done?
Old 10-21-2015, 01:23 PM

Shit man. Hopefully you can get it back on the road or move on to a new one. Too many S's wrecked or stolen.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:27 PM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

Wow man tuff break. I hope things work out for you.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:38 PM

thanks guys. ill get it figured out. this was my first accident in any car and of course it has to be this one
Old 10-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Well first I'm glad to hear that your ok

I have dealt with the whole quarter panel thing for a friends car. It takes a certain shop to do the work. I pick up an OEM quarter panel from a crash car for him. I have to check if they still make the quarter panel for the s2k.

What, he cut the light?

The issue is that your insurance may total the car and you will have to buy it back and then fix it with the money they give you. Problem with getting another S, is the insurance won't give you enough to purchase another one.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:44 PM

yeah I already see these issues on my horizon. got to wait and see how it plays out. hopefully I don't have to come out of pocket to much.

its a weird intersection on a side street. no light or stop signs. I didn't see him and he dint see me. he never even hit the brakes or honked the horn. it's going to be split liability. hopefully I can fight with them and get it in my favor due to the fact that the front of his car hit the rear of my side and he should have waited for me to clear the intersection. but in a perfect world I should have seen him coming and not been in his path, so the battle begins. but I don't even want to bicker about that.

I guess this gives me a reason to get all the dings and paint issues squared away. I need to start with a knuckle and right rear lower control arm if any one has one for some reason.

also does anyone have recommendations on who to trust with this job. most likely going to fix it unless it works out cheaper to just move on. I know most the shops around me and that's why I'm not going to them lol
Old 10-21-2015, 05:47 PM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Damm Liam that sucks, at least your ok thats most important! Anyway messing with quarters are tuff and big jobs, either way you Go good luck! And keep us posted
Old 10-21-2015, 08:06 PM

well the panels 600 from Honda plus the x,000 to have it done so that answers one question
300 cut off a car

Quick Reply: Should it be fixed