NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Official Metro 2016/17 NFL thread

Old 02-23-2016, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Metro 2016/17 NFL thread

Looking forward to the draft and how Mac will handle things for his second year.

RG3 has no home. Where will he go ...

this guy thinking of retirement ... NOOOO!!!
https://youtu.be/dTPiMEU1YLY

oh and f@#k the cheating Pats!
Old 03-02-2016, 06:10 AM

Moe got tagged. No surprise. Cro is gone and not looking like he will be back. Maybe for dirt cheap if he is willing and it doesn't look like he has much interest other than Rex.

Another slim QB group coming out of college but the DL position is stacked. Wonder if that will have any play on Moe, Sheldon or Snacks.

Can we get a pass rusher this year!!!!!????
Old 03-03-2016, 02:45 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hoping to keep cro on the cheap, add a edge rusher and a new back. And maybe a new RT our line needs to be buffed up
Old 03-03-2016, 05:41 AM

I don't know if I even want Cro back to be honest. We have enough guys that are younger and won't be hurting and slowing down mid season. Reason why Cro was let go before was speed and bad hips. I think it is time to part ways.

While I think Breno is good at time, we need someone better. Last year we got manhandled with teams with strong defensive lines.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:46 AM

Old 03-07-2016, 03:45 PM

looks like we are going to lose snacks. and who knows about fitz at this point .
Old 03-08-2016, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Topplayer
looks like we are going to lose snacks. and who knows about fitz at this point .
I'm not worried about Fitz. Him hitting free agency is more of a feeler for his value. That stupid Bradford deal that has everyone puzzled just threw a monkey wrench into what should have been an easy deal and just gave Fitz's agent something to compare to.

As for Snacks, There is a tiny glimmer of hope now that the Titans have traded for Murray. They were set to give Snacks top dollar. Who knows if that is still an option at this point. Details pending on that deal, Snacks could say back or elsewhere.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:29 AM

Snacks to Big Blue. Can't be mad at that with the money they gave him.
Fitz still in limbo.
Ivory to Jags. I am ok with that. Jags are going to be nice this year.
and ...

FORTE TO THE JETS! Great fit in Chan's system. He just needs to stay healthy.

I am worried about Powell going to Pats. That dude will be a monster there.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:22 AM

forte and a young back will be perfect!

we need to draft an edge rusher or a quality guard. excited. Fitz should be back unless the broncos want him over rg3. Id want him over rg3 so well see. I think the broncos draft a guy this year or next anyway.

Powell to the pats would be BAD news. But his durability is questionable also.

You going to the dragon big Henry?
Old 03-10-2016, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Topplayer
forte and a young back will be perfect!

we need to draft an edge rusher or a quality guard. excited. Fitz should be back unless the broncos want him over rg3. Id want him over rg3 so well see. I think the broncos draft a guy this year or next anyway.

Powell to the pats would be BAD news. But his durability is questionable also.

You going to the dragon big Henry?
Agree, we can always draft a young RB which I believe this draft is stacked with defensive guys and RBs. Good new for us. I am confident that Mac will find a good fit for us. Let's not forget we have Molden and Williams who are young. So defensively I am ok with keeping Moe and letting snacks walk.

Fitz would be a good fit for us or Broncos. It all depends on money in regards to Fitz over RG3 IMHO. They kinda outweigh themselves with their qualities. I personally think Fitz is not worth a lot of money. As much as I love the guy here are my realistic thoughts on him.

He has a history of taking a step back. Not good when we have a much much harder schedule this year.
He doesn't have a strong arm and isn't super accurate. Let's be real. We played some weak defenses and our WR made him better. See just about every catch Marshall made for reference.
Lastly, dude is a journeyman. That is not because he deserved big money.

Soooo... even if we do keep him, I am not totally confident he will have the same kind of year he just had just yet. BUT, I don't get that panicked, stomach turning feeling with Fitz that I do when I see Geno put on his helmet and walk on the field. LOL

And hell yes I am going to the Dragon. I am just not registering. You are going, right?

Quick Reply: Official Metro 2016/17 NFL thread