S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   NYC Metro Off Topic (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/nyc-metro-off-topic-223/)
-   -   Really Knicks?! Felton over Lin?! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/nyc-metro-off-topic-223/really-knicks-felton-over-lin-966146/)

jojipoji 07-15-2012 04:41 AM

Really Knicks?! Felton over Lin?!

I thought getting rid of Ewing was stupid and getting marbury even stupider. But now they in essence trade Lin for Felton who is a fat slob. I a no longer a Knicks fan. This is so stupid

driver #8 07-15-2012 07:38 AM

thats because jeremy lin is NOT worth 28.8 million...or whatever the rockets are stupid enough to pay him

atenzany62 07-15-2012 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by driver #8 (Post 21861183)
thats because jeremy lin is NOT worth 28.8 million...or whatever the rockets are stupid enough to pay him

+1 i'm chinese myself and not a fan of him. he's got way too many turn overs.

felton was in the nba a lot longer and more experienced. i'm sure he won't be starting either. most likely j kidd will be the starting pg and take at least half of the playing time, maybe 24 minutes per game? rest of the times will probably be shared between felton, davis and bibby.

s.hasan546 07-15-2012 12:15 PM

:iagree:

He's costing more than 28.8 million tho. in his last year he would cost 30 million if you include the luxury tax. That would be stupid to pay.
This is actually a smart move. Finally a decision that isn't just to sell jerseys & actually make a winning team. This leaves us with good cap space for later on.

2ks2knyc 07-15-2012 05:19 PM

one of the very few times I will ever agree with a Bulls fan lol

Watch him get better though.

jojipoji 07-15-2012 06:56 PM

How does this leave the Knicks with cap space. They are paying three players almost max contracts amare, melo and chandler. The salary cap is around 70 mill. They won't be under the cap until 3 years later when all three of those expire, which is when lin's contract would be over. You guys really want j Kidd to run the Knicks? He is so slow now and doesn't have any game left. Felton is fat and overweight and not motivated. Look at his stats the last year and he was horrible.

Don't believe the sports writers that coddle dolans balls and are too scared to write anything negative towards him. There is no way they can get cp3 or any legitimate point guard. Because of their record they'll never get a great player in the draft. Lin is their best option going forward. This was a strict money move because MSG already got the time Warner money and they didnt want to pay the tax penalty. The only way the Knicks can get any player would be a sign and trade and there isn't anyone taking amares contract. The only Players the knicks will ever sign are over the hill players who sign veteren mid level exceptions.

s.hasan546 07-16-2012 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by jojipoji (Post 21862321)
How does this leave the Knicks with cap space. They are paying three players almost max contracts amare, melo and chandler. The salary cap is around 70 mill. They won't be under the cap until 3 years later when all three of those expire, which is when lin's contract would be over. You guys really want j Kidd to run the Knicks? He is so slow now and doesn't have any game left. Felton is fat and overweight and not motivated. Look at his stats the last year and he was horrible.

Don't believe the sports writers that coddle dolans balls and are too scared to write anything negative towards him. There is no way they can get cp3 or any legitimate point guard. Because of their record they'll never get a great player in the draft. Lin is their best option going forward. This was a strict money move because MSG already got the time Warner money and they didnt want to pay the tax penalty. The only way the Knicks can get any player would be a sign and trade and there isn't anyone taking amares contract. The only Players the knicks will ever sign are over the hill players who sign veteren mid level exceptions.

u seriously think jeremy lin is worth $30 mil in his 3rd year alone? Yes he had some breakout games (mostly against shitty teams), but he alrdy has an injury and is not a proven pg to run a team. He can't play with Melo. He didn't even come bck in the playoffs when he was 85%. He could have easily played, any other pg thats worth that much would have played. Unfortunately this was a business decision.

Don't blame the knicks about this one. This is a contract that makes no sense to match. It's just simply too much money. Lin got greedy (don't blame him) on a team that gave him a shot when he was a D league player.

Stage1 07-16-2012 07:46 AM

J Kidd will only start if he stops getting duis :ph34r:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sunman 07-16-2012 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by s.hasan546 (Post 21863366)

Originally Posted by jojipoji' timestamp='1342407411' post='21862321

u seriously think jeremy lin is worth $30 mil in his 3rd year alone? Yes he had some breakout games (mostly against shitty teams), but he alrdy has an injury and is not a proven pg to run a team. He can't play with Melo. He didn't even come bck in the playoffs when he was 85%. He could have easily played, any other pg thats worth that much would have played. Unfortunately this was a business decision.

Don't blame the knicks about this one. This is a contract that makes no sense to match. It's just simply too much money. Lin got greedy (don't blame him) on a team that gave him a shot when he was a D league player.

As a Lin fan way before most everyone knew who he was, I have a few things to say about this..

first of all... I really don't believe money is an issue here.. They got him for dirt cheap this season and he made the Knicks enough money in the 2011 season alone to pay for a good amount of that contract. MSG/timewarner dispute resolved? MSG stock skyrocketing? I'll be the first to admit that it is a pretty outrageous contract in yr 3 but it was set by the Rockets because the Knicks waited to see what his market value would be. The amount of revenue, marketing that Lin brings pays for his contract alone. If he turned out to be a bust, it wouldn't be the first large contract bust in Knicks history. His contract as well as others (Amare) would also be tradeable in year 3. However, if he turns out to be even better, the Knicks are going to make a killing off of him.

Yes, he's unproven for a full NBA season but he's not unproven as a player. You don't just get lucky and avg the #s he put up. People that don't know basketabll say he has "breakout games" against shitty teams. CP3/D-Will/Rose, 3 of the most elite PGs in the game don't put up those kinds of numbers on a nightly basis either. Do you expect him to have a triple double every single game? I've been following him for a long time and the kid can ball.. Just look at his stats and the #s he put up in the past season are better than Felton's at his prime.. and yes, Felton is out of shape, can't get to the rim and although experienced, not as quick or as talented as Lin is.

Don't even get me started with the 85% Steven A. Smith ESPN bullshit... that guy is an idiot plain and simple. How do you or anyone else know he could have "easily played?" Did you speak with his surgeons or team doctors? The Knicks didn't have a chance with or without Lin. He was coming back from Knee surgery, not a sprain/strain.. these things can come back to bite you in the ass in the future if you don't take care of it (Brandon Roy). To compare him to Jordan's game is idiotic in more ways than one.

driver #8 07-16-2012 04:07 PM

umm...just to compare

D. Rose puts up 21pts, 7 assist per game

Linsanity puts up 9pts, 4 assists