Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.
View Poll Results: American response (v2.0)
Demand hand-over of OBL within 48 hours on pain of military reprisals
11.76%
Limited strikes against terrorist strong-holds with cruise missiles/precision munitions
2.94%
Gather a coalition and attack with a multi-national force
20.59%
Don't wait for coalition and attack immediately with full invasion
11.76%
Tactical nuclear weapons
8.82%
Form Special Forces teams to take out terrorist cells wherever they are in the world (ala Israeli Mossad)
44.12%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

American response (v2.0)

Old 09-13-2001, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American response (v2.0)

My first thread got wiped out and I didn't get a chance to see the results, so I'm posting an updated version since more facts are coming in and it looks like Osama bin Laden/Afghanistan will receive punishment. What do you think we should do?∞
Old 09-13-2001, 02:32 AM

I think we should figure out who's behind the attacks and be 100% sure before we plan any action. I don't believe violence is the key, but we must draw the line somewhere. We do have to make it known that we will not stand for this kind of behavior, but I think our efforts could be better applied right now to helping those in need. There are thousands of people who need our help, contributions, and blood donations at this point. I believe we should first focus our minds on helping the victims, and then once that's complete, focus on who did this and what the reprimand will be.
Old 09-13-2001, 01:28 PM

Once we find out who is responsible, I doubt we'd need to form a coalition. Looks like the world is practically giving us carte blanche to do anything we want in this situation. I say, hit them with all we got without waiting.
Old 09-13-2001, 06:38 PM

I think some people have missed the point of retaliation. Nothing we do is going to erase the horror of Black Tuesday. Everything is different now. We can no longer afford to be PC.

Ponder this.
A commercial Aircraft makes a good weapon of mass destruction and will always be available to the most determined groups. Our country is just too open to protect all the aircraft all the time, we would have a very difficult time shooting down one of our own planes in the few moments we may have.

Under these circumstances we can not defend ourselves adequately. There will always be more "cells" than we can capture or guard against. We need a deterant.

In my opinion, we should strike back in the most horrific way possible. Allow our military to obliterate Bin-Laden and his men. Make him a example to the world. I would prefer a large scale ground assault similar to Desert Storm.

Or the use of a unconventional weapon.

After all, we are at WAR!
Old 09-13-2001, 07:42 PM

I just would like to say:

1. This is most probably a coordinated effort of multiple organizations.

2. We should identify as many if not all.

3. Plan the appropriate action necessary for retaliation.

4. Strike the terrorist organizations regardless of who is harboring them or where they may be.