Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Anyone ever get sleep paralysis?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up Anyone ever get sleep paralysis?

Just wondering if anyone on here gets sleep paralysis sometimes? I have had it happen like 3 times now and it always feels like your dying. No fun hahah. Anyone else have this happen?
Basically you are sleeping in REM and your brain wakes up but your heart is beating REALLY slow and you can't move or breath well. Last for like 30 seconds. Also like see shit thats not there as your half dreaming too. Crazy stuff. Happened again last night a few times. Eventually you wake up from it and can move. The first time it happened I thought for sure I was dying. Now I know I just gotta wait till it's over but by far the craziest thing I have experienced. Hallucinate a little when it's happening too!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:31 AM
hue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, if u open your eyes you'll see some weird shit too lol
Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

I am not sure. I had a dream once where I was in my basement and stuff started to swirl around the room a'la Poltergeist and I wanted to get up and run out of the room in the dream but I could not move or breathe, and it lasted for a while and then I woke up and was really full of adrenaline, but I am not sure that is the same thing. I never felt like I was concious but the dream was extremely real feeling.

I thought it was cool because I rarely remember any dreams and never have nightmares so waking up during a nightmare is kind of a cool rush that I like. I guess I am weird.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hue,Apr 20 2009, 11:31 AM
yes, if u open your eyes you'll see some weird shit too lol
I don't remember if I was able to open my eyes or not. Man it sucks trying to breath when thats happening. Was really hard and super slow breaths! Was able to move 1 inch at the most. Kept happening when I would try to go back to sleep too.
The first 2 times it happened I thought I had dreamed it happened but I know for sure now that it did actually happen.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vader1,Apr 20 2009, 11:33 AM
I am not sure. I had a dream once where I was in my basement and stuff started to swirl around the room a'la Poltergeist and I wanted to get up and run out of the room in the dream but I could not move or breathe, and it lasted for a while and then I woke up and was really full of adrenaline, but I am not sure that is the same thing. I never felt like I was concious but the dream was extremely real feeling.

I thought it was cool because I rarely remember any dreams and never have nightmares so waking up during a nightmare is kind of a cool rush that I like. I guess I am weird.
Definitely sounds like the same thing. The first two times it happened I just remember sitting up and then thinking it was a dream kinda but def not. I was unable to move or breath as well. Tried to yell for help and nothing.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:15 AM

I had sleep paralysis last night. I could see everything in the room as it was and my wife laying next to me and a guy over my bed and he was there to kill us. Oddly enough the guy looked like the giant from the movie big fish. I tried to yell and all it did was come out like if you tried to yell with your mouth barely open. ****ed up shit man.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003s2k2003,Apr 20 2009, 09:36 AM
Tried to yell for help and nothing.
I rememeber that I tried to yell in my dream very vividly. Nothing came out. That was what really made the adrenaline start pumping.

I would be ok with this once in a while. I find nightmares entertaining but never have them.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Yeah supposedly even though it is real many people think they had a dream instead of sleep paralysis . I know I did till I started researching it and last night I was fricken wide awake while it was happening but like trapped. Was a really fu**ed up thing.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's happened to me twice that I can remember.

The first time really freaked me out. I could open my eyes and look around my room, but it felt like my body was made of stone. I couldn't move. After a few seconds of that, I started getting really anxious, and for some reason thought that someone was going to come into my house and attack me, so I tried to yell. Nothing. That freaked me out even more. When I fully woke up and could move, I just assumed it was a weird nightmare, until I actually read a thread on here about it and did some research (i.e., this is a REPOST!!! ).

The second time it happened, I immediately realized what was going on, so I just sat there and waited for my brain to "unlock" my body. It was still weird, but I didn't freak out about it. Hasn't happened since then (probably 6 months ago or more).
Old 04-20-2009, 10:19 AM

Unhappy

DUDE this happend to me last week!!! ive been having this for years! and for some reason i feel this sharp pain in my spine!!! and when i wake out of it my back hurts!!! when i had mine last week i saw my room and i felt my spine tear up like if someone stabbed me and was cutting thru...anyways i was trying to wake up my roommate so we could wake me up (crazy lol) but it didnt work!! so after like minutes of feeling this i woke up and i was like wtf!!!

i was doing some seaching on this all day sunday (work was boring) and i think i know why it happens to me.. if i go to sleep with my belly up and get them or if i dont smell the pillow...wierd..i know!!! ever since i can remember i always need to smell the pillow cause if not i get this or if not nightmares....ive also heard because of stress and cause something is blocking your breathing.....funny thiing is i always smell my pillow with the nose hole which isnt clogged up. (i have never had both nose holes clear, dunno why, even if i blow my nose..) lol maybe i need to go to the doctor and have myself checked out....

Quick Reply: Anyone ever get sleep paralysis?